• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Joe Rodon

None of our CB"s are really turning it on and Toby ( sad to say) is a shadow of his top days. I know Rodon is new but i think we should play him and see how he does;

I think that's what the other poster is saying.

What you're saying is not a new thing ie give him those chances now eg last night
Well the other poster said that Rodon should have started against Everton. I'm saying I can understand the decision not to.

The longer it goes with others being inconsistent at best the more likely it is that Rodon gets the nod. The Everton game might just be enough for him to get another chance, though the City gave surely is a tough one to get back to it in.

I'll say that he's looked like he'll need a bit of time when given the chance. And when integrating a new, fairly young, fairly inexperienced player I think giving them enough time, not just letting them sink or swim, can be a good thing.

Well the other poster said that Rodon should have started against Everton. I'm saying I can understand the decision not to.

The longer it goes with others being inconsistent at best the more likely it is that Rodon gets the nod. The Everton game might just be enough for him to get another chance, though the City gave surely is a tough one to get back to it in.

I'll say that he's looked like he'll need a bit of time when given the chance. And when integrating a new, fairly young, fairly inexperienced player I think giving them enough time, not just letting them sink or swim, can be a good thing.
Last night was a good oppurtunity, i'd say fa cup was our 4th priority, and he can't play EL or LC final. We are a long way down the road of our defenders being inconsistent (making mistakes, whatever) and i dont quite understand the 'giving them time' thought, do you mean the odd game? Its almost a 'couldn't be worse' scenario atm.

IMO Toby is fit at the moment, he starts with Rodon as he is experienced and the only one with a brain (ie Dier, Sanchez haven't). If Toby gets injured, Rodon intergration becomes a load more risky.

Last night was a good oppurtunity, i'd say fa cup was our 4th priority, and he can't play EL or LC final. We are a long way down the road of our defenders being inconsistent (making mistakes, whatever) and i dont quite understand the 'giving them time' thought, do you mean the odd game? Its almost a 'couldn't be worse' scenario atm.

IMO Toby is fit at the moment, he starts with Rodon as he is experienced and the only one with a brain (ie Dier, Sanchez haven't). If Toby gets injured, Rodon intergration becomes a load more risky.
It's definitely not a couldn't be worse scenario, and didn't look like that before the game either.

It was a good opportunity, there will be more as our other central defenders aren't doing well enough.

I'd say he didn't play last night as it was Toby +1, and with the two up front Everton have, we wanted one of the CBs to have pace, the only CB with pace is Sanchez.

Surprised he hasnt played one of the last couple games, and obviously can't play in midweek either. Apart from the mistakes against Liverpool, has played well when he's come in

Surprised he hasnt played one of the last couple games, and obviously can't play in midweek either. Apart from the mistakes against Liverpool, has played well when he's come in
Mistake (singular)
I can’t work out why TBH
He really hasn’t looked as lost as everyone else tried there

Surprised there are no comments about him yesterday, thought he had a decent game and was talking to others around him all the time. Did nothing spectacular but was composed in what he did.
Very good to see.

Was a bit of a gamble I think, Rodon and Tanganga lacking experience, Sanchez not really a leader at the back. Very important game at a difficult time. Thought they all came away from it looking rather good.

Good to see Rodon playing well as a left sided CB too.

Should definitely be getting a lot more minutes going forward. Will be interesting to see him tested against teams and players in better form.

Very good to see.

Was a bit of a gamble I think, Rodon and Tanganga lacking experience, Sanchez not really a leader at the back. Very important game at a difficult time. Thought they all came away from it looking rather good.

Good to see Rodon playing well as a left sided CB too.

Should definitely be getting a lot more minutes going forward. Will be interesting to see him tested against teams and players in better form.

Only if he copes well otherwise he will just go on the S C A P E G O A T list our "fans" love.

Surprised there are no comments about him yesterday, thought he had a decent game and was talking to others around him all the time. Did nothing spectacular but was composed in what he did.

I raised the point in the podcast. I thought he looked extremely comfortable on the ball, brings it out well, shows leadership qualities and at 6ft 3 is a commanding presence. Sanchez played well too but I'd love to see Toby and Rodon a couple of times this season.

Impressive, strong game. So why was this guy not even on the bench when our defence was getting easily done in the air from crosses/set-pieces?

Back