• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Joe Rodon

I like, it’s early days but I think he has a wide range of strengths compared to his competitors or certainly makes up for one or more of their weaknesses. He’s mobile, composed on the ball, committed and looks decent in the air. As I understood it he has played the majority of his career at LCB too.

He looked very good today and did not seem out of place, hope we see more of him as the season goes on.
Agreed. Thought on his debut that he looked a bit nervy, looked more composed yesterday.

Been an interesting and somewhat surprising development with Rodon getting straight into match day squads, then getting game time. Looked like he was going ahead of Sanches in the pecking order. Then Sanches starting getting games again, then all of a sudden a move to a back three with Sanches on the bench and Rodon starting.

Perhaps Rodon just needed a bit of time on the training ground, perhaps just picking players based on performances in training and what the opponents bring. Like you I hope to see more of Rodon going forward.

Agreed. Thought on his debut that he looked a bit nervy, looked more composed yesterday.

Been an interesting and somewhat surprising development with Rodon getting straight into match day squads, then getting game time. Looked like he was going ahead of Sanches in the pecking order. Then Sanches starting getting games again, then all of a sudden a move to a back three with Sanches on the bench and Rodon starting.

Perhaps Rodon just needed a bit of time on the training ground, perhaps just picking players based on performances in training and what the opponents bring. Like you I hope to see more of Rodon going forward.
Agree. I thought he looked a bit nervy the first 10 mins aginst Sheffield.

Rodons strengths definitely look more suited to our current problems, defending corners, crosses , free kicks. I'm pretty sure Jose has made his mind up about Sanchez and would be the first to go if someone else came in, but in the meantime has to keep him intergrated due to the schedule and possibly to shop window him? It will interesting to see if Rodon shifts Sanchez off the Uefa list for the EL.

A shame Rodon was cup tied for the LC and not signed in time for the EL as i think he would have at least started another 4/5 games by now.

I think he has the raw tools to be a typical Jose 'die for the cause' defender

Jose Mourinho is going to keep people guessing.

The best of a bad bunch of defenders tonight, pleased to hear Mourinho say Rodon will start next game as I've had enough of Eric Diarrhoea.

He did overall have a good game it's a shame he made that mistake. As a young defender it's going to happen but he has to train this trait of losing concentraction out. He did similar against Chelsea at the very end of the match and it almost cost us with that Giroud chance.

I'd almost say he's probably earnt a starting position, I would like to see him next to Toby for a game or too just to see if a steady older head keeps him engaged and if his physical qualities can cover for Toby's physical decline.

Last edited:
He did overall have a good game it's a shame he made that mistake. As a young defender it's going to happen but he has to train this trait of losing concentraction out. He did similar against Chelsea at the very end of the match and it almost cost us with that Giroud chance.

I'd almost say he's probably earnt a starting position, I would like to see him next to Toby for a game or too just to see if a steady older head keeps him engaged and if his physical qualities can cover for Toby's physical decline.
Game time is key for him
That was his third premier league game wasn’t it
It was a poor mistake no doubt
But he did a lot of good things too
I think he will be first choice CB by the end of the season and then there’s the call as to who plays with him

Game time is key for him
That was his third premier league game wasn’t it
It was a poor mistake no doubt
But he did a lot of good things too
I think he will be first choice CB by the end of the season and then there’s the call as to who plays with him
I do like what I saw yesterday, I remember one covering tackle in particular that was close to perfection and so so clean.

I'd go with him from now on and see who works best because all the other combos have been tried and none have convinced. As I say I would probably go with Toby first but would accept any pairing.

I do like what I saw yesterday, I remember one covering tackle in particular that was close to perfection and so so clean.

I'd go with him from now on and see who works best because all the other combos have been tried and none have convinced. As I say I would probably go with Toby first but would except any pairing.
He hasn’t played with Toby yet so why not

Maybe now it’s time to give Toby that chance
Would mean Rodon playing g left side though but he has played there before

I'm struggling to make sense of it to be honest. I think playing Toby means we have to play a certain way which invites pressure and attracts criticism from fans and the media. We can't press high up the pitch in my opinion and are restricted to sitting in. He's a wonderful defender but his legs are gone and he can't deal with pace. I thought Dier had come on leaps and bounds over the last 9 months but he was coming from a low base and you always feel there is a mistake in him or he just isn't a top level player and struggles a bit against quality. So where that leaves us...fudge knows.

I'd be tempted to play Rodon and Tanganga (maybe try it in a cup or Europa game) but there is a massive lack of experience there and it's hugely risky. Putting this much expectation on either lad is a big ask and could ruin them if it goes wrong.

Can we still register Ledley at this stage?

Time for Dier to sit on the bog and have some serious self-reflection.

Id play Toby and Rodon for the next few games and see how it goes. We are not going to win the league and at this rate not make top 4 so I think we can afford to take some calculated risks and changes.

I'm struggling to make sense of it to be honest. I think playing Toby means we have to play a certain way which invites pressure and attracts criticism from fans and the media. We can't press high up the pitch in my opinion and are restricted to sitting in. He's a wonderful defender but his legs are gone and he can't deal with pace. I thought Dier had come on leaps and bounds over the last 9 months but he was coming from a low base and you always feel there is a mistake in him or he just isn't a top level player and struggles a bit against quality. So where that leaves us...fudge knows.

I'd be tempted to play Rodon and Tanganga (maybe try it in a cup or Europa game) but there is a massive lack of experience there and it's hugely risky. Putting this much expectation on either lad is a big ask and could ruin them if it goes wrong.

Can we still register Ledley at this stage?
My worry with Toby is people rate him higher when he doesn’t play
I mean he got mullered vs Wycombe
But when we played pool in December he was brilliant

Back