• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Joe Kinnear

Saudi Sportswashing Machine, the gift that keeps on giving...

Joe Kinnear has revealed he has signed a three-year deal to return to Saudi Sportswashing Machine as the club's director of football.

The 66-year-old former Magpies manager met with the club's owner Mike Ashley on Sunday to sign the agreement.

Kinnear has told Sky Sports News that his main job will be to oversee the style of football that the club will be playing and he will deal mainly with player recruitment and transfers, on which he will have the final say.

He insists he will be there solely to help out current manager Alan Pardew, rather than replace him, and he is looking forward to sitting down and planning for the new season with Pardew.

Derek Llambias, the current managing director, will now be dealing more with the financial side of the club, with Kinnear dealing with the football side.

Kinnear managed Saudi Sportswashing Machine during the 2008/9 season but was forced to step aside after suffering a heart attack.

The Irishman, who has also managed at Wimbledon, Luton and Nottingham Forest, will travel up to Tyneside on Thursday and will be at the training ground on Friday to tie up some loose ends.

He told Sky Sports News: "It's absolutely done. I signed it with Mike today and that's taken care of. I think it is a very interesting role for myself and I don't think I could be at a better club doing it.

"I have been in discussions with Mike and once we clarified the situation and what my role would be, ie. in charge of transfers and looking at the strengths and weaknesses of the side that we have got and to help out Alan Pardew in every possible way that I can and use all the experience that I have from the game.

"I intend to meet Alan either tomorrow (Monday) or within the coming week to discuss the future and go through the team itself.

"Our target is that we have got to push ourselves up and try and do as well as we did a couple of seasons ago.

"I am as fit as a fiddle now. I am in the best physical shape that I have ever been and I have been waiting for the opportunity. I have had a great football career and I think I am ideal for this situation and I am looking forward to it.

"What I can offer is that I believe that I am a very good judge of players, I believe that I am a good tactician and I believe that anything to do with football I have been involved in; I've worked with the best, I have been with the best and I intend to make Saudi Sportswashing Machine far better than they are now.

"I think I have got a bright head, I think I can see a good player and know a good player and get the right players in for us to be successful.

"I have no other agenda - that is exactly what I want to do - and if I see players at the club right now and I believe they are not good enough to be at Saudi Sportswashing Machine then I intend to move them on."

Re: **Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Saudi Sportswashing Machine, the gift that keeps on giving...

Joe Kinnear has revealed he has signed a three-year deal to return to Saudi Sportswashing Machine as the club's director of football.

The 66-year-old former Magpies manager met with the club's owner Mike Ashley on Sunday to sign the agreement.

Kinnear has told Sky Sports News that his main job will be to oversee the style of football that the club will be playing and he will deal mainly with player recruitment and transfers, on which he will have the final say.

He insists he will be there solely to help out current manager Alan Pardew, rather than replace him, and he is looking forward to sitting down and planning for the new season with Pardew.

Derek Llambias, the current managing director, will now be dealing more with the financial side of the club, with Kinnear dealing with the football side.

Kinnear managed Saudi Sportswashing Machine during the 2008/9 season but was forced to step aside after suffering a heart attack.

The Irishman, who has also managed at Wimbledon, Luton and Nottingham Forest, will travel up to Tyneside on Thursday and will be at the training ground on Friday to tie up some loose ends.

He told Sky Sports News: "It's absolutely done. I signed it with Mike today and that's taken care of. I think it is a very interesting role for myself and I don't think I could be at a better club doing it.

"I have been in discussions with Mike and once we clarified the situation and what my role would be, ie. in charge of transfers and looking at the strengths and weaknesses of the side that we have got and to help out Alan Pardew in every possible way that I can and use all the experience that I have from the game.

"I intend to meet Alan either tomorrow (Monday) or within the coming week to discuss the future and go through the team itself.

"Our target is that we have got to push ourselves up and try and do as well as we did a couple of seasons ago.

"I am as fit as a fiddle now. I am in the best physical shape that I have ever been and I have been waiting for the opportunity. I have had a great football career and I think I am ideal for this situation and I am looking forward to it.

"What I can offer is that I believe that I am a very good judge of players, I believe that I am a good tactician and I believe that anything to do with football I have been involved in; I've worked with the best, I have been with the best and I intend to make Saudi Sportswashing Machine far better than they are now.

"I think I have got a bright head, I think I can see a good player and know a good player and get the right players in for us to be successful.

"I have no other agenda - that is exactly what I want to do - and if I see players at the club right now and I believe they are not good enough to be at Saudi Sportswashing Machine then I intend to move them on."

Mad

Re: Managers

Kinnear: "I'm a very good judge of players, I'm a very good tactician ... I intend to make Saudi Sportswashing Machine far better than they are now"

Sky Sports News: "When it comes to transfers, who will have the final say?"

Kinnear: "It'll be me."

Re: Managers

Kinnear: "I'm a very good judge of players, I'm a very good tactician ... I intend to make Saudi Sportswashing Machine far better than they are now"

Sky Sports News: "When it comes to transfers, who will have the final say?"

Kinnear: "It'll be me."

Interesting.

I can see him grabbing Pards by the scruff of the neck and giving him the old "Right, now you listen 'ere boy, this is how we're gunna run fings around here from now on me little mucca."

I can see him grabbing Pards by the scruff of the neck and giving him the old "Right, now you listen 'ere boy, this is how we're gunna run fings around here from now on me little mucca."

could be just what good ol pards needs......... if they perform as bad in the tyne/wear derby as they did last year some Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans will join in.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine, the gift that keeps on giving... What the hell?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have done brilliantly in the transfer market for several years now, so the answer to whatever question Ashley asked himself was to bring in a new (old) DoF to change things around?

Brilliantly until the last couple of windows, they've gone too far with the whole French thing. Not that I think Kinnear is the answer but they've obviously caused a problem for themselves.

Brilliantly until the last couple of windows, they've gone too far with the whole French thing. Not that I think Kinnear is the answer but they've obviously caused a problem for themselves.

If you're talking about their January signings I think judging those signings at this point is a bit like judging Holtby based on his half season with us. Too soon to tell.

It's not the quality, it's just the whole French thing. They've signed so many of them that it's creating a divide in the squad, signing so many players from one nation is just such a strange thing to do. If Spurs went and signed a dozen players from Brazil I could see it being counterproductive, I know slagging off English players is great fun and that but I do believe you need a nucleus of them in the squad.

It's not the quality, it's just the whole French thing. They've signed so many of them that it's creating a divide in the squad, signing so many players from one nation is just such a strange thing to do. If Spurs went and signed a dozen players from Brazil I could see it being counterproductive, I know slagging off English players is great fun and that but I do believe you need a nucleus of them in the squad.

This.

Even when Wenger was buying French, he still had that English core, the likes of Campbell, Parlour, Adams, Keown, Seaman etc.

How many players do you need for there to be a nucleus?

This.

Even when Wenger was buying French, he still had that English core, the likes of Campbell, Parlour, Adams, Keown, Seaman etc.

The season they were undefeated in the league I think only Campbell and Cole were the only regular English starters for them.

Back