• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Joe Jordan - thoughts on his time with us

thfcsteff

Terry Dyson
Just watching Gattuso and remembering fondly the moment when Jordan stood up to Gattuso like he was a petulant child.

How is he remembered as a coach? I liked him. Low fuss, low key, got on with the job at hand and was decent enough.

Thoughts?

Just watching Gattuso and remembering fondly the moment when Jordan stood up to Gattuso like he was a petulant child.

How is he remembered as a coach? I liked him. Low fuss, low key, got on with the job at hand and was decent enough.

Thoughts?

I believe him and she in Bond were Harry’s whipping boys and there to keep everyone on track

not sure how much coaching either did

Thoughts?

I started following football well after his playing career had ended, and only really knew him as a Scot who was particularly popular in Italy for a while.

It surprised me when the San Siro incident happened and the entire British media (including the legendarily hippy Guardian) started talking like Gattuso was lucky to avoid being given a forced on-pitch sex-change operation without anesthetic (thanks for that, Away Days). Never knew he was a hard man in his playing career. :p

Quiet guy, didn't really do much as far as I can recall. None of the coaching team seemed to do much - unlike with Poch where it was always 'us', 'my staff', 'our coaching staff' - Harry was a lot more 'me'. And I think it shows - people remember Poch, but in conjunction with Jesus Perez, Miguel D'Agostino and Toni Jimenez (see the Lloris interview recently), whereas people just remember Harry by himself.

Thoughts?

Once I saw this I knew it'd be cause that dingdonghead had been prowling the touchline for Napoli on BT tonight haha.

Whenever we talk about coaches it's always tough as you can't really get a full picture of how they were with players. It goes without saying that Joe Jordan didn't really seem like the type who'd stand for nonsense, and it depends on your view of certain players and how best to handle them as to whether that works or not. I don't know if that's a bit too vague or just slightly meaningless without example situations but it's all hypothetical. For example maybe if he'd been here during Paulinho's time here, it could have toughened him up a bit and settle right in or could have just scared him brickless....

Amazing to think that a year after being our FA cup winning goalkeeper he was playing non league football at Barnet.

Am I missing something here?

@DubaiSpur great shout on the "me me me" front, after extensive research (Joe Jordan's wiki page..) here is an HR quote about him: "Joe Jordan has been fantastic for me and I would always be pleased to have him with me anywhere" :D

Harry is no coach and his coaches are no managers (bonds proved recently) so he was probably a very good coach and did what Harry can’t be arsed to.

Hard as nails and I have to say, AC Milan away and that spat is right up there

Back