• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jobs - **** Em

philspursuk

Sean Davis
You may have remembered a previous thread. Well after 8 and a half years in the city I got made redundant (only 5 and a half as an employee) at the start of August, took the cheque, cashed in the shares and the huge redundancy cheque and tried to look locally for work.

In October I took a job 14k less than my base salary but 10 mile drive down the road. Money would be tight but the office culture was a shock to the system. An office of 300 to an office of 7. A chair that cost a £1k to a chair from the 90's. But the hardest bit was my mentor being rude and unhelpful.

Today, I quit as I got a contract at an Insurance firm, 30mins down the road. \o/

Now have to come up with a company name before tomorrow morning and weirdly looking to you lot for inspiration. Have been advised not to include my name (When contracting before - ******** Solutions Ltd).

Would like to keep the solutions bit, but not precious about it. Quite like "Progressive" but Progressive Solutions is obviously taken. Tried Progressol on the family, but they had said it sounds like a cream for ya bullet hole.

Helpful advice appreciated
Unhelpful advice expected :lol:

Personally, find all those cliched 'solutions' names irritating.

I'd go for some obscure word + insurance.

Azure insurance etc.

Paxton Solutions (you could have Shelf Solutions - but that sounds like you work for IKEA!)

B3rbat0v solutions springs to mind...someone taught me to never use a current player as a default password as it will only come back to haunt you!

Or jimmycarr accountancy ltd??

Anyway congrats mate I know how it is post redundancy, your first job is to put food on the table while you look for the one you really want.

i'd steer clear of solutions or associates, make a word up, something unique with no obvious negative connotations (not as easy as it sounds i'm sure)

Back