• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Joao Cancelo

Haven't watched this fella much, but apparently he's great going forward, atrocious at defending - par for the course for a slim, somewhat lightweight former winger converted to full-back.

Is that who we need? We have Trippier to fill the role of 'good going forward - suspect defensively'.

Doomed - of course not. But I believe we have fallen behind our rivals in terms of strengthening the squad depth.

Only time will tell whether the 'priority is keeping our first 11 together' approach turns out to be our biggest advantage as the season rolls on. But I don't think we'll be as lucky as last season...

- I can't see Klopp's team being as shabby defensively.
- Mourinho surely won't be as negative in his style of play this time around, and he has a history of a second-season success factor.
- Conte now has his team settled on 3 at the back from the off.
- Whilst Pep has again spent big (!) and strengthened well and I doubt he'll have the same struggle adapting to the Prem as last season.
- And dare I say the Gooners are just starting to look like a coherent team again with Wenger looking to put his contract troubles and squat unrest behind them.

Will we be in the mixer come May? Probably. But have we done enough business with 6 days to go to convince me we can push our rivals harder than last season? No.

Even if Liverpool don't shoot themselves in the foot as much against the bottom half dross, I can't see them maintaining their record against the top 7.
United are going to be even more boring as they attempt to win every game 1-0.
Chelsea have lost their top scorer and another important player in Matic. They have a very thin squad.
City will be inconsistent.
Arsenal will look great until November, then go off the boil as usual.

Haven't watched this fella much, but apparently he's great going forward, atrocious at defending - par for the course for a slim, somewhat lightweight former winger converted to full-back.

Is that who we need? We have Trippier to fill the role of 'good going forward - suspect defensively'.

Agree with this assessment...I have seen him a bit and looks as erratic as Moreno at pool.

I've read him described as a right foot dominant version of Lamela, playing as a defender.

Could be very entertaining. From the videos I've seen there's definite similarities even in his dribbling style to that of Lamela's.

Looks a bit quicker though.

Heard he tried to cancel his contract to engineer his dream move to Spurs.

(coat)

Not many left, I tell you!

Just practicing my dad jokes. One day I'll be good at it.

Practice on them and when that one day arrives keep us posted. Awfully cold out there, may want to leave with all of them coats :)

I've read him described as a right foot dominant version of Lamela, playing as a defender.

Could be very entertaining. From the videos I've seen there's definite similarities even in his dribbling style to that of Lamela's.

Looks a bit quicker though.
Does he lose the ball a lot like Lamela does? Hope not if he plays as a full back.

does he assist or score in an average of every three games too?
From the right back position.... I doubt it.

My point here isn't to criticise Lamela (I think Lamela's positive's in terms of creativity outweigh his negatives in terms of his poor completion rate when dribbling and tendancy to lose the ball). I would just be a little worried about a defender who has the same sorts of attributes as Lamela as losing the ball as a full back is generally a lot more dangerous than losing it playing further up the pitch as Lamela does.

Looks like Chelsea are interested so that'll be the end of our chances....can't say I'm both'd

Back