• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jo Cox MP Stabbed.

How is it that this hasn't had the Prime Minister labelling it for the act of terrorism it is. How is killing people to infringe on their civil rights in the name of religion any different to doing so in the name of politics.

Me thinks the only difference is the colour of the perpetrators skin.
Probably because no political system I'm aware of tells its followers to go and kill people.

Probably because no political system I'm aware of tells its followers to go and kill people.

As far as I'm concerned no Catholic teaching tells people to kill people but if a bomb from the IRA went of anywhere in Britain tomorrow you can bet your life they'd be labelled terrorists. Anyone who attempts to create terror to further an agenda is a terrorist regardless of what agenda they're pushing.

This is probably not the right place for it but this campaign has brought out the worst in this country, media and our politicians. Both sides have been awful and should be ashamed. Even before today, it has made me feel sick to the pit of my stomach. I hope that I never see another referendum in this country.

I I can't dance with that at all, i suppose the only good thing that has come out of the referendum is that its finally showed what a lot of lying, cheating self serving people we have running our country ( i include the majority of all partys in that)

As far as I'm concerned no Catholic teaching tells people to kill people but if a bomb from the IRA went of anywhere in Britain tomorrow you can bet your life they'd be labelled terrorists. Anyone who attempts to create terror to further an agenda is a terrorist regardless of what agenda they're pushing.

Deuteronomy 17 said:
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy GHod giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy GHod, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Except the legal definition of terrorism in this country is only concerned with whether the person who carries out an act of violence does does so motivated by a particular ideology. Whether that idelogy itself espouses violence is irrelevant. This leaves the label open to pretty broad application of course, but if it is going to be applied to situations such as the Leystone Tube stabbings say, there is logically no reason that it should not be applied here (assuming the reports of what motivated the killer are accurate).

As to Jo Cox, she was brilliant, conscentious, principled and selfless. A remarkable woman. In a world where there are far too few of her type, her killing is all the more senseless and tragic.

Reactions: DTA
Seems he wants to paint his actions as political:

Thomas Mair has given his name as “death to traitors, freedom for Britain” as he appeared in court charged with the murder of Labour MP Jo Cox.

Mair, 52, from Birstall, was charged on Friday with murder, grievous bodily harm, possession of a firearm with intent to commit an indictable offence and possession of an offensive weapon, West Yorkshire police said in a statement.

Asked at Westminster magistrates court on Saturday to confirm his name, Mair said: “My name is death to traitors, freedom for Britain.” The judge then asked the defendant’s lawyers to confirm that his name was Thomas Mair, which they did.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/18/thomas-mair-charged-with-of-mp-jo-cox

The Times has printed this picture, although their caption seems to express some reservation about the authenticity.

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F1dce2e52-34e0-11e6-9c43-b579056ef2e5.jpg

A picture has emerged purporting to show Tommy Mair holding a banner for the far-right group Britain First. A man resembling Mr Mair, circled, is one of the five with the banner. The image came from a post on Britain First’s website, detailing its “Northern phalanx” who visited mosques in Dewsbury and Bradford last October. Britain First could not be contacted for comment [link]

The above is just one reason to vote NO. There would be serious soul searching going on for me, if I ever find myself on the same side of an issue as the above right wing loonies. Seriously!

The above is just one reason to vote NO. There would be serious soul searching going on for me, if I ever find myself on the same side of an issue as the above right wing loonies. Seriously!
You know that Corbyn's true side too right?

For once the extreme left and right are in agreement on something.

Very sad. And there is so much around this. Him being called a loner and mentally ill and not a terrorist. His pictures with Britain First and the Far Right asking people not to tar them all with one brush and us Mulsims are like "Eureka?"

More than anything is her poor family who really suffer.

Very sad. And there is so much around this. Him being called a loner and mentally ill and not a terrorist. His pictures with Britain First and the Far Right asking people not to tar them all with one brush and us Mulsims are like "Eureka?"

More than anything is her poor family who really suffer.
Muslim, Christian, Political extremists - they're all as bad as each other.

This is the natural culmination of a society which increasingly speaks through social media, yet does not know how to. Articulation becomes secondary, anger and ranting becomes paramount, the soundbite, the click-bait, the blurted-shouted statement versus a reasoned attempt to discuss. Increasingly, people who teeter on the edge of sound mental health get dragged in, aggravated, annoyed...it happens to the best of us, so imagine the impact such 'noise' and 'chatter' has on a fragile mind? They get a 'message' in their head and they run with it. The EDL and their ilk will push the line of 'sanctioning' violence as tight as they can (like all extremist groups do). It's an increasingly tragic and predictable roostertail...

This is the natural culmination of a society which increasingly speaks through social media, yet does not know how to. Articulation becomes secondary, anger and ranting becomes paramount, the soundbite, the click-bait, the blurted-shouted statement versus a reasoned attempt to discuss. Increasingly, people who teeter on the edge of sound mental health get dragged in, aggravated, annoyed...it happens to the best of us, so imagine the impact such 'noise' and 'chatter' has on a fragile mind? They get a 'message' in their head and they run with it. The EDL and their ilk will push the line of 'sanctioning' violence as tight as they can (like all extremist groups do). It's an increasingly tragic and predictable roostertail...

I place the blame at our popular press and politicians more. They have spread lies and placed the blame on immigrants for decades. Why should we be surprised when people believe it?

Cj_UFs9m_XAAEZ7_Af.jpg

Last edited:
t
I place the blame at our popular press and politicians more. They have spread lies and placed the blame on immigrants for decades. Why should we be surprised when people believe it?

Cj_UFs9m_XAAEZ7_Af.jpg
This is a major factor behind my utter contempt for the Tory organ grinders and their media monkeys...the constant dog whistling to the feeble minded who are tempted by the fascist side. To the Textors of this world and others of their ilk (ugh) this is good politics and they thinks that they are oh so clever. In reality it is breaking the fabric of what makes this nation. It also legitimises the delusions of the RWNJ. Jo Cox's husband wrote an article on this exact point. Sadly, I think it was just a short while ago.

t
This is a major factor behind my utter contempt for the Tory organ grinders and their media monkeys...the constant dog whistling to the feeble minded who are tempted by the fascist side. To the Textors of this world and others of their ilk (ugh) this is good politics and they thinks that they are oh so clever. In reality it is breaking the fabric of what makes this nation. It also legitimises the delusions of the RWNJ. Jo Cox's husband wrote an article on this exact point. Sadly, I think it was just a short while ago.
Dehumanising fellow human beings. The preserve of all extremists and idealogues. Sadly, it's proving to be as effective as it ever was.

Did not take long for the conspiracy theories to pop up, on a cycling website I am on one guy([presume it was a guy) said MI5 have a list of all extreme right wing nut loners and because leave were ahead in the poll they used mind bending drugs on the nutters and coerced them into shooting the MP, said she was an obvious target because her purer then pure image to gain sympathy for the remain camp.

I believe he has now been banned, haha. Also a bugger about Cavendish getting ill 2 weeks before the start of the Tour.

Love a good conspiracy and do not believe JFK was killed by Lee Harvey Oswald but this one is a bit to far out there.

someone I follow on Twitter thinks the govt are geoengineering bad weather to affect the turnout tomorrow

Back