• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jimmy Greaves MBE

Thoroughly enjoyed the film and all the clips - he scored some truly ‘wow’ goals.
His goal scoring records are just ridiculous.
My only “gripe” about the film was that it felt like an obituary, with everyone speaking about him in past tense. Difficult to avoid perhaps when reminiscing about a career from yesteryear but it did sound like he had already passed away.

Is it just a one time show or is it spread out over the week? I have seen it on BT sports every night and didn't want to watch last night incase it was episode 3/4 or what ever?

4 minutes in to the Leicester Villa game I thought "fudge this" and ended up watching the Greaves film instead and that has been one of the best decisions I've made this week although it's just getting started I suppose.

It shone a bit of light on some things I was totally ignorant to which may show my age, the odd thing that seem totally alien to me like having no substitutes but mainly this great man's ability on the ball alongside how he came back from such problems to rise to prominence once again. I can't remember who said it in the film but in the odd clip showed here and there, he clearly had that "glide" that the real top level players have and it's beautiful to see. All those present to see it (my Grandad being one of them) were lucky to witness his ability, it is a shame how it finished with Spurs..

I've finally got round to watching the last 20 minutes of the BT Sport film. I've had a few drinks tonight, rounded off with a dram of Octomore (my favourite whisky), toasting Jimmy and my dad (who died 7 years ago today). To say I'm feeling a little maudlin would be an understatement.

I wish I'd seen Greavsie play, rather than just knowing him as a funny pundit on the telly. Didn't have t'internet in those days so I had no idea about his playing career. What a legend.

Back