1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Jesus

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Legohamster, 6 Jun 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. parklane1

parklane1 Terry Dyson

Are you proving my point ;)

2. alekaras

alekaras The ITK of IDK

Not really. I'm just saying that the eye test and xG will match up pretty closely, if you ever decide to spend hours upon hours watching tape. You seem to discount xG altogether. It's your prerogative, but it's not very efficient.

3. parklane1

parklane1 Terry Dyson

Never said it does not have some use, just not as much as the fan boys suggest it does.

K.D.D.D.D.Soc and greatwhitenorf like this.
  4. braineclipse

braineclipse Gary Stevens

That's rather polarizing...

I think with a sample size like this one xG does say quite a bit about his finishing. Not all of the things worth saying, but it certainly rather clearly indicates that he's not a very good finisher at the very least.

Over a large enough sample size that should more or less even out unless there's a consistent bias in how those things are taken into account. I don't think there is.

5. Denmark Spur

Denmark Spur Vedran Corluka

6. Gazza

Gazza Michael Carrick

Lets just bump the price up and go for a player that we need. Wouldn’t mind him coming to be honest, but the noises coming out of his camp are that he wants to start regularly. Can’t see that happening here.

7. billyiddo

billyiddo Garth Crooks Staff Member

If City want Saka i wonder whether they'll be proposing a Jesus + cash deal to Arsenal

metalgear likes this.
  8. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Frederic Kanoute

I think a lot of people put too much faith in stats, they cant tell you the overall effect a player has on a game or his teams performance, it is a useful tool for scouts but experience of players and the game tells them more than stats and videos. Scouts dont always get it right but I'm sure stats dont perform any better and dont deserve the reverence given to them.

parklane1 and harr1984 like this.
  9. AdamB

AdamB Erik Thorstvedt

No, but equally does he want to play in the CL or in the Europa? I think he'd get a reasonable number of starts with us, and similarly for Richarlison or whoever we signed as a 4th forward,

harr1984 likes this.
  10. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Michael Carrick

We'd all agree that watching a player over a season will give a better idea of how good they are. But most of us have probably never seen hincapie or Ndicka play, so have to rely on stats and youtube vids to get an idea of what they are like.

11. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

I understand that but stats dont tell you how someone reacts to certain situations or the strength or weakness of opponents. I'd have more confidence if the stats shown were against top 4 teams and home or away. They need context otherwise they are just numbers.

12. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Michael Carrick

The fbref stats i post are over a whole season. In comparrison to all players in their position across the top 5 leagues in europe. They are probably more scewed by what team that player plays for than anything else. A weaker team you'd probably expect them to tackle more and play less progressive passes for example.

13. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

That's why you need context as its just numbers which could be good or bad depending on who they are playing.

14. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Michael Carrick

It's a whole season, they play all the other teams in their league. Home and away. Unless they are injured or dropped.

15. Legohamster

Legohamster Les Ferdinand

I’d still take him, we can give him more football than City and CL unlike arsenal.

out of Jesus /Rich / Raph I would have him top of the list

16. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Rafael Van Der Vaart

I wouldn't be against us being in for him. From his pov I'd definitely be considering potential playing time though, he's don't plenty of bench warming at City, your career is only so long.

Legohamster likes this.
  17. Gazza

Gazza Michael Carrick

he can do exactly what you are saying at city

18. billyiddo

billyiddo Garth Crooks Staff Member

All the players linked for the WF/CF rotation position so far are all much of a muchness really - would be happy enough with each of them, not really bothered if we miss out on any of them either.

19. AdamB

AdamB Erik Thorstvedt

He can, but he'll get more game time at Spurs. We're one step down for him, Arsenal are two. Would be hard for any player walking away from a team where you're more or less going to pick up a medal of some description each year

20. Bishop

Bishop Mauricio Taricco

Would he really get more game time at Spurs? Who gets dropped for him realistically? You can say rotation in the cups but he has the same chance at City.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.