• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jay Rodriguez

Get all the freebies in, Konoplyanka, Ings, Delph, pay them a basic £20kpw plus £5kpw multiplied by their rating on whoscored.com for the game

So simple

I know a lot don't like him but I would look at Milner on a free, good pro, winning attitude, good work rate and crosser of the ball, used to the league. I would go for him.

Ings? Pretty close to J Rod in terms of origin and playing style, and he'll be available in the summer for the low low price of free (Levy: "that's my kind of price").

why not? at least will hit the ground running.
i just hope with the savings we go for a couple 40 mil pound players. instead of spreading it around 4 or 5.

why not? at least will hit the ground running.
i just hope with the savings we go for a couple 40 mil pound players. instead of spreading it around 4 or 5.

profit_ahead.jpg

:p

Saints fans saying he's been behaving a bit oddly on Twitter and that he's been looking for an exit for a while now. I could see him going somewhere before the window shuts.

Would be hard to see his destination being the Lane, though. He's 27, has been injured for the best part of two years and doesn't look like the explosive, dangerous player he was before his injury. Plus, Poch has come out and said that he's happy with Janssen, so it would be an about-face to bring in another striker after making that statement - especially one like Rodriguez.

Could potentially see Levy santioning a loan for the rest of the season. Weren't they in the EL this season though, so he'd be cup tied? If so would significantly reduce the benefit of bringing him in

Could potentially see Levy santioning a loan for the rest of the season. Weren't they in the EL this season though, so he'd be cup tied? If so would significantly reduce the benefit of bringing him in

Yeah - they were in Group K, and he played in a couple of their games, I think. So he'd be cup-tied. Makes even less sense now. Unless, of course, Rodriguez becomes the Kane backup in the league for four months and Janssen starts in the EL. But again, that would be stretching it a bit.

Saints fans saying he's been behaving a bit oddly on Twitter and that he's been looking for an exit for a while now. I could see him going somewhere before the window shuts.

Would be hard to see his destination being the Lane, though. He's 27, has been injured for the best part of two years and doesn't look like the explosive, dangerous player he was before his injury. Plus, Poch has come out and said that he's happy with Janssen, so it would be an about-face to bring in another striker after making that statement - especially one like Rodriguez.

Him coming out a few weeks back saying something along the lines of Poch being the best coach he's ever worked with did seem like quite a "come and get me" plea. We'll see.

Him coming out a few weeks back saying something along the lines of Poch being the best coach he's ever worked with did seem like quite a "come and get me" plea. We'll see.

See, on the one hand they're signing Gabbiadini from Napoli, so it's feasible that Rodriguez would want to leave based on a fear of losing his spot there just as he needs playing time to rebuild his strength and confidence. But on the other hand, moving to us wouldn't help him much given that he'd be a backup to Kane at best. Plus, he'd be giving up a shot at a medal with Soton (in the League Cup), and Poch would have to go back on his publicly-declared faith in Janssen if the move was actually sanctioned. And that's saying nothing about Soton's reluctance to deal with us and Levy's presumable reluctance to the idea of being fleeced on deadline day.

I wouldn't be dismayed or anything if it happened, but it just wouldn't make much sense, is all.

See, on the one hand they're signing Gabbiadini from Napoli, so it's feasible that Rodriguez would want to leave based on a fear of losing his spot there just as he needs playing time to rebuild his strength and confidence. But on the other hand, moving to us wouldn't help him much given that he'd be a backup to Kane at best. Plus, he'd be giving up a shot at a medal with Soton (in the League Cup), and Poch would have to go back on his publicly-declared faith in Janssen if the move was actually sanctioned. And that's saying nothing about Soton's reluctance to deal with us and Levy's presumable reluctance to the idea of being fleeced on deadline day.

I wouldn't be dismayed or anything if it happened, but it just wouldn't make much sense, is all.

Yeah, exactly. But then again, Soton might want to cut their losses sooner rather than later, if he is on his way out anyway.

Back