• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Javier Pastore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

indianspur

EXCLUSIVE: Spurs will move for Javier Pastore to replace Gareth Bale

TOTTENHAM will go for Argentina ace Javier Pastore as they face up to the prospect of life without Gareth Bale.

Attacking midfielder Pastore cost Paris St Germain £36m from Palermo two years ago and he would rip a hole in the cash Spurs are demanding for Bale.

Despite insisting their Welsh wizard will not be sold to Real Madrid or Manchester United this summer, it is understood Spurs have already identified who they will try to sign if a deal happens.

Reports in Spain suggest Real are willing to pay a staggering £100m for Bale, which Spurs could find impossible to resist.

Former Tottenham boss David Pleat said: "They were talking £50m, £60m earlier in the summer.

"This could rise to something crazy like £100m.

"At that stage, even Tottenham, who have resisted strongly, may have to look at it. How do you resist that type of money? Manchester United couldn't resist it for Ronaldo."

Pastore can play wide or central, but has not fulfilled his promise at PSG, who are likely to let him go for less than they paid for him.

And Starsport understands that Tottenham’s director of football Franco Baldini has already made enquiries about Pastore’s availability. Meanwhile, Spurs are on the brink of landing Valencia striker Roberto Soldado for £26m. Liverpool were also keen on the 28-year-old, but Spurs are believed to have tied up the deal by agreeing to pay the full buy-out clause.

Baldini had previously seen a £22m offer rejected, but yesterday went back with an improved bid to force the cash-strapped Spanish club to sell.

Antonio Sese, a former director at Valencia, tweeted: “They tell me that Roberto Soldado will be transferred shortly.

“They (Tottenham) will pay the release clause. Great management.”

Soldado has scored 81 goals in 141 games since joining Valencia in the summer of 2010

would be a top signing

1. Why would PSG sell
2. Why would he want to join us with no CL
3. We couldn't afford the wages

Lamela is more like for like from what little I've seen. Or .....gulp.....Hulk.

was it my imagination or did i read somewhere that as part of Roma allowing Baldini to move to Spurs without too much fuss was the stipulation that Baldini couldnt go back to Roma and nick any of their players?? at least for a year iirc. That would rule out Lamela

What's the source for that "exclusive"? I'm guessing one of the less reliable sources...

I agree with Viper, not going to happen.

Lamela is more like for like from what little I've seen. Or .....gulp.....Hulk.

I have never seen Lamela but reading websites etc it seems that not only is he the favored choice to replace Bale but also the most like for like replacement. His name seems to come up a fair bit.

Is he any good? im gonna google.

I have never seen Lamela but reading websites etc it seems that not only is he the favored choice to replace Bale but also the most like for like replacement. His name seems to come up a fair bit.

Is he any good? im gonna google.

I haven't seen much of him to be honest. There is a Baldini link though and just to complete the circle he has also been linked to Liverpool. I think we should get him now just to tip RAWK over the edge.

I haven't seen much of him to be honest. There is a Baldini link though and just to complete the circle he has also been linked to Liverpool. I think we should get him now just to tip RAWK over the edge.

I think if we do sell Bale - we should get Suarez

NOW

That would tip them over the fudgein edge. Id spend 40m just to tinkle em off.

What's the source for that "exclusive"? I'm guessing one of the less reliable sources...

I agree with Viper, not going to happen.

99% of sources are unreliable....who do you want to believe? JJetset? Mumorn? the independent? the sun?

every story, in the papers, on the internet, on twitter, is open to question imo.....these stories are simply something to talk about

regarding Pastore, why not, might seem unbelievable for a number of reasons but maybe Baldini and AVB could be quite persuasive, and with it being world cup year maybe the player might consider a move away from PSG if he feels he wont get the required game time. Maybe we are considering a 1 year loan deal. This link is pretty left field, from nowhere, there might have been an enquiry from our part. Still it shows some positive intent

I never thought we would sign Soldado, but looks like we are....every transfer is different on its own merit

99% of sources are unreliable....who do you want to believe? JJetset? Mumorn? the independent? the sun?

every story, in the papers, on the internet, on twitter, is open to question imo.....these stories are simply something to talk about

regarding Pastore, why not, might seem unbelievable for a number of reasons but maybe Baldini and AVB could be quite persuasive, and with it being world cup year maybe the player might consider a move away from PSG if he feels he wont get the required game time. Maybe we are considering a 1 year loan deal. This link is pretty left field, from nowhere, there might have been an enquiry from our part. Still it shows some positive intent

I never thought we would sign Soldado, but looks like we are....every transfer is different on its own merit

Even though most sources are unreliable not all sources are the same.

Since you ask. Me personally, I give more credit to articles by Duncan Castles and Greg Stobart. I also give more credit to articles with direct and relevant quotes. When talking about players from outside England/Britain, if there are quotes, I also give a bit more credit to newspapers/journalists from that country, at least if it's one of the countries outside the top 4-5 leagues in Europe.

I also think some newspapers are a bit more reliable whereas some are less reliable.

Is it really too much to ask that you include the source when posting a rumour? If it's a basis for discussion, why not include what we're discussing based on?

If it is too much to ask, but others in here care about where this is from I googled it and it's from the Daily Star it would seem - http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/329295/EXCLUSIVE-Spurs-will-move-for-Javier-Pastore-to-replace-Gareth-Bale

Normally these things are easy enough to find, but I don't see why it's too much to ask that the source is copy-pasted into the original post with the rumour instead of everyone who wants to know the source looking it up for themselves later on.

----------------------------

About Pastore:

PSG signed him two years ago for £36m, I don't think there's any chance we would get him for less than that at this point. They're still flush with cash and he's a regular starter for them. I would love to see him at Spurs as he's a great player to watch, real silky, but I just can't see it happening even if we sell Bale as he would just cost too much and he's not really effective enough at this point in his career at least to warrant that kind of a fee.

A loan is just not going to happen.

just because we sell Bale does that mean we want to sign an identical player?

I hope not :)

Very few players like him, I don't really rate Hulk as highly as some and his transfer fee would be massive. We would have to look for other types of players to build our team around, just like we had to when we lost Carrick and Berbatov and to some extent Modric.

Even though most sources are unreliable not all sources are the same.

Since you ask. Me personally, I give more credit to articles by Duncan Castles and Greg Stobart. I also give more credit to articles with direct and relevant quotes. When talking about players from outside England/Britain, if there are quotes, I also give a bit more credit to newspapers/journalists from that country, at least if it's one of the countries outside the top 4-5 leagues in Europe.

I also think some newspapers are a bit more reliable whereas some are less reliable.

Is it really too much to ask that you include the source when posting a rumour? If it's a basis for discussion, why not include what we're discussing based on?

Quite agree which is why we ask people to provide links or name a source. If nothing else, it saves a load of people asking where it is from

I hope not :)

Very few players like him, I don't really rate Hulk as highly as some and his transfer fee would be massive. We would have to look for other types of players to build our team around, just like we had to when we lost Carrick and Berbatov and to some extent Modric.

Honestly i will say it quietly in this thread but i feel townsend is better then bale anyway, not the same pace but he is two footed. Him or siggy can play in the role and we will be fine if bale goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back