1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Japhet Tanganga

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by AjaxDeSuperYids, 25 Jul 2019.

1. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla John Lacy

He could have easily played 38 games for the likes of Norwich this season, hopefully an option like that comes up next season? Fulham, Forest, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, etc. I’m sure would love him in their squads.

AdamB likes this.
  2. Bullet

Bullet Steffen Freund

Looked like a midget next to Dier in those recent NBA pictures

3. afsoc4life

afsoc4life Mitchell Thomas

No I don't think it will happen with Conte.

4. milo

milo Jack L. Jones

I agree, he's too weak on the ball for Conte. I'd look to sell with an option to buy back. He's a good defender and will do well in the right team but just not suited to us right now.

Robbo, Alaric and braineclipse like this.
  5. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

I'd be a bit worried we'd be losing something important if we let him go. Him and Skipp are the two carrying the homegrown torch at the moment. If Tanganga goes, it would be important to see someone like John or White take his place in the 25.

I always remember this quote from Micky Hazard:

"Homegrown talent gives a club its heart and soul. You learn as you come through the system, you learn about the history, the traditions, the style of play, its philosophies, its beliefs; its instilled in you. Then when you sign big name players, its the homegrown players who pass on this knowledge and information about the club. So you are educating them on how great the club is and what it stands for, and they're educating you on how to become a better player. So it works hand in hand"

6. elltrev

elltrev Kasey Keller

To be honest I don’t think any of us can accurately judge Tanganga at this stage - the guy’s played so little senior football, and it’s been so disrupted by injury and constantly swapping positions. I’d like to see him get a season-long loan in whatever his best position is and manage to stay injury free, and then let’s see where he’s at.

Lost Mango likes this.
  7. Roland Beurre

Roland Beurre Stephen Clemence

He seems an aggressive and proactive defender. He does not have the ball skill of Romero but I wonder if he could learn understudying him (not that there is much age difference).

MKSpur likes this.
  8. MKSpur

MKSpur Johnny Morrison

I agree in that similarity with Romero in how he tackles in the front foot. I think I'm in the minority but I thought he showed a lot of promise and given the improvement we've seen in every defender since Conte came in I'd like to see if he can prove himself as a deputy at RCB in pre season or go on loan and we reassess after he's had a full season in his preferred position.

DeanoAustin likes this.
  9. AdamB

AdamB Erik Thorstvedt

Think we might end up keeping him next season. Assuming we sign a new LCB and then have Sanchez and Davies as main two back-ups, we'd probably need a 3rd back-up CB. Rodon is likely to be achieve of Tanganga in the list of players to loan out given nationality

10. metalgear

metalgear Jack Jull

Agree. Better off at a bottom 10 epl squad where his energy and enthusiasm will be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

11. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Paul Walsh