• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Japhet Tanganga

He could have easily played 38 games for the likes of Norwich this season, hopefully an option like that comes up next season? Fulham, Forest, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, etc. I’m sure would love him in their squads.

I'd be a bit worried we'd be losing something important if we let him go. Him and Skipp are the two carrying the homegrown torch at the moment. If Tanganga goes, it would be important to see someone like John or White take his place in the 25.

I always remember this quote from Micky Hazard:

"Homegrown talent gives a club its heart and soul. You learn as you come through the system, you learn about the history, the traditions, the style of play, its philosophies, its beliefs; its instilled in you. Then when you sign big name players, its the homegrown players who pass on this knowledge and information about the club. So you are educating them on how great the club is and what it stands for, and they're educating you on how to become a better player. So it works hand in hand"

To be honest I don’t think any of us can accurately judge Tanganga at this stage - the guy’s played so little senior football, and it’s been so disrupted by injury and constantly swapping positions. I’d like to see him get a season-long loan in whatever his best position is and manage to stay injury free, and then let’s see where he’s at.

He seems an aggressive and proactive defender. He does not have the ball skill of Romero but I wonder if he could learn understudying him (not that there is much age difference).

He seems an aggressive and proactive defender. He does not have the ball skill of Romero but I wonder if he could learn understudying him (not that there is much age difference).
I agree in that similarity with Romero in how he tackles in the front foot. I think I'm in the minority but I thought he showed a lot of promise and given the improvement we've seen in every defender since Conte came in I'd like to see if he can prove himself as a deputy at RCB in pre season or go on loan and we reassess after he's had a full season in his preferred position.

Think we might end up keeping him next season. Assuming we sign a new LCB and then have Sanchez and Davies as main two back-ups, we'd probably need a 3rd back-up CB. Rodon is likely to be achieve of Tanganga in the list of players to loan out given nationality

I don't think he has much of a future here regardless of who the coach is. Unless he's happy just making the match day squad and maybe getting off the bench to play a few times every season.
Agree. Better off at a bottom 10 epl squad where his energy and enthusiasm will be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Because I remember how well he played on his league debut against Liverpool I would be disappointed if we send him on loan with an obligation to buy.

I’d be disappointed if we send him anywhere until we know we’re good for the HG players we need for the squad depth Conte wants. (I’m sure we won’t until we know how the numbers are looking).

I really thought he was going to be a first teamer for us, yet his best performances came as an emergency left back! Athough I think he'd look a lot better in Conte's system like every other defender wr have has done, he probably does need to go and get a season of being first choice in his favoured position under his belt. Hopefully any deal will have some kind of buyback

I really hope it works out for him with us. He seems to have the right mentality and work approach. He’s shown enough in the past to convince influential people in the game. I think he has ability and needs a good run in the team. I think that might be out on loan but ideally with him then returning to us to challenge for a first team place.

Its 3 years now since he first broke through on the Malaysia tour, which is a bit of a worry. I'm a big fan though - I hope he still makes it

Last edited:
I think like a lot of players that come through. He needs a run of games. I like him and see talent in him. he is not a RWB though. He is a defender but his position is Romero's so he is not going to take it easy. That means he might mainly be a squad player. I really see a lot of talent in him. But at 23 its getting on. A loan with no option to buy would be my preferred choice for him.

Back