• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Japhet Tanganga

There is not too much to elaborate on. I think he lacks technical ability and passing ability. He could develop, of course, but at 20 I think he is unlikely to become much better in that department. He did well defensively today, but he misplaced some simple passes and looked uncomfortable on the ball. A potential center back partnership of Tanganga and Sanchez would just not be technically good enough for me if we want to build from the back. What is not often talked about with Alderweireld and Vertonghen, but has been very important for us in recent years, is that they can play from the back and start our attacks with a bit of quality.
I agree with you here. Good physicality and positioning but technically limited.

There is not too much to elaborate on. I think he lacks technical ability and passing ability. He could develop, of course, but at 20 I think he is unlikely to become much better in that department. He did well defensively today, but he misplaced some simple passes and looked uncomfortable on the ball. A potential center back partnership of Tanganga and Sanchez would just not be technically good enough for me if we want to build from the back. What is not often talked about with Alderweireld and Vertonghen, but has been very important for us in recent years, is that they can play from the back and start our attacks with a bit of quality.

On that basis, we should also give up on Sanchez. Tanganga is better on the ball than him

We looked lightweight in attack for the first 60 mins today. Play 4-2-3-1 instead
We looked lightweight in attack as we had wiggy doing his invisible act before we took him off
Him and Dele were very very poor with the ball and wiggy didn’t win a challenge

He reminds me a bit of
url
forest-whitaker-02-conde-nast-traveller-19march18-rex.jpg

On that basis, we should also give up on Sanchez. Tanganga is better on the ball than him
He also has that ability to drive forward and past the opposition. Like Kaboul and Dembele.
I think Jose will like him as a CB. He defends first.
I thought his marking and positioning were excellent, made Liverpool work to get any space - and they are exceptional at finding space with FBs and the front three

Back