• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Japhet Tanganga

Did well today, and should've had Mane booked and Robertson sent off if the ref had any compentence or objectivity.

Him and Sanchez could be a good partnership. Potentially we're looking at a back four of Foyth, Tanganga, Sanchez and Sessegnon in the future.

Did well for making his debut in such a high profile match, out of position as well. Showed that he has the physical attributes that are needed with strength and pace, and showed some good defensive antipation at times, saving that early shor and blocking a couple of dangerous ball into our box.

I think he is too limited on the ball to ever become a top player though.

Did well for making his debut in such a high profile match, out of position as well. Showed that he has the physical attributes that are needed with strength and pace, and showed some good defensive antipation at times, saving that early shor and blocking a couple of dangerous ball into our box.

I think he is too limited on the ball to ever become a top player though.

Genuinely tough call there mate, care to elaborate?

Was good in pre-season, good pretty much every game he's played, doesn't seem out of place

Genuinely tough call there mate, care to elaborate?

Was good in pre-season, good pretty much every game he's played, doesn't seem out of place
There is not too much to elaborate on. I think he lacks technical ability and passing ability. He could develop, of course, but at 20 I think he is unlikely to become much better in that department. He did well defensively today, but he misplaced some simple passes and looked uncomfortable on the ball. A potential center back partnership of Tanganga and Sanchez would just not be technically good enough for me if we want to build from the back. What is not often talked about with Alderweireld and Vertonghen, but has been very important for us in recent years, is that they can play from the back and start our attacks with a bit of quality.

Undoubtedly a very good prem debut. He looks strong, assured, and importantly didn't look nervous.

I thought he looked good on the ball (better than Sanchez looks most of the time).

With Toby being chosen to stay on he can mentor the young guys, the young guys who now need to be selected as much as possible. Tanganga definitely so.

Undoubtedly a very good prem debut. He looks strong, assured, and importantly didn't look nervous.

I thought he looked good on the ball (better than Sanchez looks most of the time).

With Toby being chosen to stay on he can mentor the young guys, the young guys who now need to be selected as much as possible. Tanganga definitely so.

Yes, I'd agree. Think he's an excellent prospect. He needs to be in/around the first team all the time. I'd start him on Tues and would be more confident now of letting JV go in Jan, regardless of incomings.

Sanchez is pretty dodgy on the ball in my view. Tanganga seemed quite confident, as well as being quicker

Really stood up today, very impressive from the Tanga. Noticeable that he was aggressive in his movements e.g. Mane dropped off and Tanga went chasing after him i.e. he didn't stay in a back line, he dropped in and chased Mane. Presumably under instruction to do so, because Mane/Salah/Firminho love to drop into the gaps.

At half time Michael Owen on South African TV said he would have hated to play against a defender like Tanga, always hassling and chasing you down, never a moment's peace... then Tim Sherwood started blathering on about how negative we had been, and how we should go toe-to-toe and take the game to Liverpool...

I didn't notice any real negatives, so I'm happy to keep him on the pitch for a while... I feel like Foyth and Tanga could be brilliant if given the chance, but will Jose put them in the bin?

Really stood up today, very impressive from the Tanga. Noticeable that he was aggressive in his movements e.g. Mane dropped off and Tanga went chasing after him i.e. he didn't stay in a back line, he dropped in and chased Mane. Presumably under instruction to do so, because Mane/Salad/Firminho love to drop into the gaps.

At half time Michael Owen on South African TV said he would have hated to play against a defender like Tanga, always hassling and chasing you down, never a moment's peace... then Tim Sherwood started blathering on about how negative we had been, and how we should go toe-to-toe and take the game to Liverpool...

I didn't notice any real negatives, so I'm happy to keep him on the pitch for a while... I feel like Foyth and Tanga could be brilliant if given the chance, but will Jose put them in the bin?
To me that defensive 3 that started has to play next week

Back