• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Japhet Tanganga

Great by Tanganga, what made me happy though was we had Three players throwing themselves to the deck to block the shot. On too many occasions this season a lot of our players have just stopped and watched the ball hit the back of our net. Good to see.

The issue (and not trying to make a spacegoat) is Sissoko's attempt to block vs. the younger players and that might be part of our overall problem

The issue (and not trying to make a spacegoat) is Sissoko's attempt to block vs. the younger players and that might be part of our overall problem

I think Sissoko has been good for us since signing, but i believe he now needs to be moved on. I saw Sanchez, Davies as well as Tanganga throwing themselves to try and block the ball which some times is the only thing defenders can do.

The reason i say some times is that defenders should always stay on their feet and going to ground usually means you are out of position, in this case it was desperate defending but it shows that they were more focused then they have been in previous games when our defenders have watched the ball go into the net.

I think Sissoko has been good for us since signing, but i believe he now needs to be moved on. I saw Sanchez, Davies as well as Tanganga throwing themselves to try and block the ball which some times is the only thing defenders can do.

The reason i say some times is that defenders should always stay on their feet and going to ground usually means you are out of position, in this case it was desperate defending but it shows that they were more focused then they have been in previous games when our defenders have watched the ball go into the net.

Hence why I pointed out I wasn't trying to spacegoat him, he's put in a shift for us over the years despite the way supporters have often viewed him.

But I felt it was worth pointing out when people talk about the mentality/attitude of the squad, I think sometimes we are "passive" vs. what we saw by some of the youngsters was way more aggressive/direct/body on the line stuff.

Hence why I pointed out I wasn't trying to spacegoat him, he's put in a shift for us over the years despite the way supporters have often viewed him.

But I felt it was worth pointing out when people talk about the meteorology/attitude of the squad, I think sometimes we are "passive" vs. what we saw by some of the youngsters was way more aggressive/direct/body on the line stuff.

I know that was not what you were doing :)

He looks like a CB playing RB to me, good defensively but limited in possession and wrt to getting forward - not really a criticism as such, it may even be under instruction but id like to be seeing him given a chance in his natural position
I agree, though he's definitely useful on the ball. Certainly not entirely risk averse and has some quality.

Getting first team football as a full back might be very good for his development longer term. Not quite sure why Mourinho doesn't see him as a centre back at this time unless it's just about experience.

Would be surprised if centre back isn't the plan for the future at some point.

Totally agree, drilled into me when I was a kid, when you're on the floor you're out of the game. It's a good thing for young defenders to gain experience playing at fullback before moving to central position, its probably a bit more difficult as people expect all fullbacks to be Roberto Carlos and defend as an after thought.

Last edited:
I agree, though he's definitely useful on the ball. Certainly not entirely risk averse and has some quality.

Getting first team football as a full back might be very good for his development longer term. Not quite sure why Mourinho doesn't see him as a centre back at this time unless it's just about experience.

I agree but I'm looking at it as for now he's getting games in a slightly less pressure position. He's doing very well at that so it's working. Hopefully he can stay healthy and I believe we have future first teamer in him whatever the position.

I think the concern is his (lack of) height. He is also a bit iffy with his positional sense at the moment (even at fullback where it's less crucial than at CB).

Best RB at the club, not sure if he’s the future, attacking wise he’s a bit average at the moment. Good defender though.

I agree, and that is what we lack at the moment. I would like us to get Arrons for the RB position and use Tanganga as a future CB but if Arrons does not come here Tanganga can play there. Promising player though imo.

I agree, and that is what we lack at the moment. I would like us to get Arrons for the RB position and use Tanganga as a future CB but if Arrons does not come here Tanganga can play there. Promising player though imo.

Yes agree Tanganga can play full back a bit like campbell did early in his career but should imo end up at centre back.

Foyth and Aarons as right backs for me. Foyth has been nothing short of sensational in that role under Emery, just hope we have a say in the option villareal have on him.

Yes agree Tanganga can play full back a bit like campbell did early in his career but should imo end up at centre back.

Foyth and Aarons as right backs for me. Foyth has been nothing short of sensational in that role under Emery, just hope we have a say in the option villareal have on him.

I hope we have a chance of keeping Foyth i really do, just turned 23 and i know he made mistakes when he first came here but there is a very good player in there.

Since his breakthrough, how many injuries which as kept him out, for a month or longer, has he had?
I think he could be the future of our defence, but all these injuries, at a young age, with no long term run in the team, we might have to look at a different approach, than promoting him through the system

We have an autocorrect for the silliest of words, but not for the C word?!
That's put me right off my breakfast

Since his breakthrough, how many injuries which as kept him out, for a month or longer, has he had?
I think he could be the future of our defence, but all these injuries, at a young age, with no long term run in the team, we might have to look at a different approach, than promoting him through the system

I think the main one was a back problem, but that seems behind him (sorry) now

Since then his had minor thigh and shoulder issues, and yesterday's was obviously an impact injury. I don't think that's a worrying trend - i.e. they are different and non-chronic things.

Back