• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Japhet Tanganga

Not gonna lie ever since I saw him in these preseason games in the US under Poch I've been expecting good things from him. He just seems a natural, he does certain things innately that are hard to teach. Jose also saw it initially but it seems his injuries had stymied his growth for a bit.

Great to see him back in the starting lineup even if it is at RB where he stills seems super comfortable. Like everyone has said, he's aggressive, and makes the attacking make a decision which is half the the game of defending.

I do worry that he isn't large or experienced enough yet to play CB for Jose but even getting him at RB is a happy moment. He and Rodon do look very promising, the next thing to find out is whether they can be a partnership. [emoji848]

Not gonna lie ever since I saw him in these preseason games in the US under Poch I've been expecting good things from him. He just seems a natural, he does certain things innately that are hard to teach. Jose also saw it initially but it seems his injuries had stymied his growth for a bit.

Great to see him back in the starting lineup even if it is at RB where he stills seems super comfortable. Like everyone has said, he's aggressive, and makes the attacking make a decision which is half the the game of defending.

I do worry that he isn't large or experienced enough yet to play CB for Jose but even getting him at RB is a happy moment. He and Rodon do look very promising, the next thing to find out is whether they can be a partnership. [emoji848]

As a rightback I think he's fine whilst he gets experience and maybe longer-term he moves to CB. I'd keep him as one of our two RBs next season and sell one of Aurier/Doherty - net 1 fewer non-HG player and raise some cash to part fund a CB

And Aurier
Neither right back beats a man
TBF most full backs don’t
We've got a very attacking* FB in Reguilon, so Tanganga would be ideal to balance the defence a little. Comfortable coming inside and helping out the CBs, and we've seen how much he likes a good block! That's a skill in itself - reading the game, anticipating the shot, and getting his body in the way.

Tanganga does seem a bit lumbering when it comes to carrying the ball up the pitch, but he can do it. You're right in that he's never going to beat a man, but that's what Bale is for. In theory, anyway.

Is he as good as Walker was? Nope - neither defensively (even allowing for Walker's trademark brainfarts) nor attacking. But then, neither is Aurier...and, based on what he's shown us so far, Doherty isn't even on the same scale! Equally, having a Trippier type super-attacking FB on that side would leave us hugely open at the back.

I'm more than happy for Tanganga to be given a run. Good attitude.

* Not to say he can't (or won't) defend, as he clearly can - he did brilliantly against Mahrez a few months ago, for example. Just that his first thought is to attack, which is great.

We've got a very attacking* FB in Reguilon, so Tanganga would be ideal to balance the defence a little. Comfortable coming inside and helping out the CBs, and we've seen how much he likes a good block! That's a skill in itself - reading the game, anticipating the shot, and getting his body in the way.

Tanganga does seem a bit lumbering when it comes to carrying the ball up the pitch, but he can do it. You're right in that he's never going to beat a man, but that's what Bale is for. In theory, anyway.

Is he as good as Walker was? Nope - neither defensively (even allowing for Walker's trademark brainfarts) nor attacking. But then, neither is Aurier...and, based on what he's shown us so far, Doherty isn't even on the same scale! Equally, having a Trippier type super-attacking FB on that side would leave us hugely open at the back.

I'm more than happy for Tanganga to be given a run. Good attitude.

* Not to say he can't (or won't) defend, as he clearly can - he did brilliantly against Mahrez a few months ago, for example. Just that his first thought is to attack, which is great.
No one looked more ‘lumbering’ carrying the ball forward than your man Corluka at right back, and he was still very effective.....

He's a wonderful prospect, needs time to develop. He will make mistakes and hopefully we can dump his B L O O D Y rotation for the rest of the season and get some cohesion in the team. This will help younger players playing in a settled side.

He looks like a CB playing RB to me, good defensively but limited in possession and wrt to getting forward - not really a criticism as such, it may even be under instruction but id like to be seeing him given a chance in his natural position

Back