• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Japhet Tanganga

Unfortunately Southampton are currently amongst our rivals for European places, and Japhet would strengthen them.
An absolute no from me.

Agreed. Would like to see him given a run of games at centre back but think Jose is put off as he's not a giant.

Great put rodon and Tanganga together, with minimal premier league experience... confidence will get shot and before you know it we have sanchez and Dier Mk2 playing in the back.

So glad none of us are managers.

Great put rodon and Tanganga together, with minimal premier league experience... confidence will get shot and before you know it we have sanchez and Dier Mk2 playing in the back.

You have to give them a go at some point, the other 3 CBs have been terrible for most of the season really, just been protected by team tactics. (I feel for Toby whose been a great servant, similar to Lloris, but enough enough)

You have to give them a go at some point, the other 3 CBs have been terrible for most of the season really, just been protected by team tactics.

We will come unstuck and then the finger will get pointed at Mourinho once more for failing to pick up points. Perhaps play alder in the middle of a back three ...

Play Doherty and reggie as wing backs, PEH holding Ndombele, Ali in midfield with kane and son up top.

But you've been quite clear that the other 3 are pure brick so why wouldnt you?

Just play him every week. Rodon also . Give them time and patience to get used to regularly playing together at this level. Yes they will make mistakes and cost points but they will grow.

In my eyes this season is over apart from League Cup. We are not getting in the top four , might as well give it a go.

If I were Jose I’d certainly be giving Rodon games at the moment. Playing him on his preferred side of the 2 CBs (which I think is the left) and partnering him with Toby as our most experienced CB. Sink or swim time. Let’s see how well he copes so we know if we might have one of our first choice pair for next season.

If he is coping OK then we could bring Japhet into the team alongside him later this season to see if we’ve got a pair here..... I can’t help but think that Jose sees Tanganga as a full back though.

If I were Jose I’d certainly be giving Rodon games at the moment. Playing him on his preferred side of the 2 CBs (which I think is the left) and partnering him with Toby as our most experienced CB. Sink or swim time. Let’s see how well he copes so we know if we might have one of our first choice pair for next season.

If he is coping OK then we could bring Japhet into the team alongside him later this season to see if we’ve got a pair here..... I can’t help but think that Jose sees Tanganga as a full back though.
He has said he is full back ans I thought he was very good yesterday playing there
So much energy and recovery pace

I’d happily start Tanganga at left back ahead of Davies and right back ahead of Aurier and Doherty. At least with Rodon you can hope he will learn from his mistakes, not sure there is any excuse for the more experienced heads we’ve been using.

I’d happily start Tanganga at left back ahead of Davies and right back ahead of Aurier and Doherty. At least with Rodon you can hope he will learn from his mistakes, not sure there is any excuse for the more experienced heads we’ve been using.

I think the issue with the experienced ones is age or experience
Toby - too old
Dier - still relatively inexperienced at CB at this level but is deemed to be a senior one
Sanchez - needed more experience before coming here
Davies - not a CB

I mean it’s slim pickings really
It’s what we had last season at full back where we had no options and even with Davies being a very weak link it’s improved dramatically (and he would look better at with more commanding CBS)

Back