• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Japhet Tanganga

An injured, home grown defender with a lot of potential you say....

Don’t worry, just let him have a bit of a swim then he can play the next match and will be Man of the Match...

Seriously though, hope he bounces back well as he definitely has the talent, but needs game time and experience to go with it

Jose said a few days ago that he'd be out for 2-3 weeks. Hopefully he can keep his fitness up given the type of injury though and perhaps play v Marine

Don't understand why Japhet is suddenly so far down the pecking order? For me his performances have been at least as promising as Rodon's when given gametime.
I may be wrong but I think his relatively short stature is being held against as compared to Rodon.

Don't understand why Japhet is suddenly so far down the pecking order? For me his performances have been at least as promising as Rodon's when given gametime.
Poor lad has had rotten luck with injuries...

Speaking to the club's official programme for the Liverpool game (which you can order here), the player opened up on the past 12 months and the injury issues that have stopped him from featuring more regularly.

"I would say it's been an eventful year! There have been many ups, many downs," said the defender.

"It was my back during lockdown, then my quad in pre-season, I came back, played against Chelsea in the League Cup, hurt my knee, came back against Royal Antwerp, then my shoulder popped out in that one

"The injuries haven't been bad in terms of length - okay, the back was about four months - but the others have been four or five weeks, a couple of weeks for the shoulder, but you end up missing a lot of football, you lose that bit of momentum and you have to get back into your rhythm. That's tough, but it's part of the game.

"Now, I'm working hard to try and get back into the team. Hopefully, I'll get another chance soon. I feel fit, I feel good, physically strong and ready to go. That's where I see myself at the moment."

https://www.football.london/tottenh...-tanganga-tottenham-injuries-regular-19728770

B6C3F77A-7635-4775-B708-963090A7A8EC.jpeg

Me either. Especially given our weakness across the back 4, I’ve seen competent performances from him in all roles and surely he will only get better.

We should keep him here, we have to start building from the back if we are to end the mistakes we are making there.

We should keep him here, we have to start building from the back if we are to end the mistakes we are making there.
Do you think a good way to eradicate mistakes in the defence is to play youngsters with little first team experience?

Do you think a good way to eradicate mistakes in the defence is to play youngsters with little first team experience?

Well we have to do something to eradicate the amount of mistakes we are making, giving him games ( once he is fit) is better then seeing Sanchez/ Toby making those mistakes nearly every game. Just to be clear i am not saying he should play every game but unless we start seeing more of both him and Rodon then we can not really complain if the mistakes continue.

Well we have to do something to eradicate the amount of mistakes we are making, giving him games ( once he is fit) is better then seeing Sanchez/ Toby making those mistakes nearly every game. Just to be clear i am not saying he should play every game but unless we start seeing more of both him and Rodon then we can not really complain if the mistakes continue.

I think when you commit to playing a youngster with little experience like Tangana, then you're committed to seeing them make mistskes as it comes with the learning curve

Have to say Tanganga and Rodon playing as a pairing would be brave ... but I’d love to see it

I think when you commit to playing a youngster with little experience like Tangana, then you're committed to seeing them make mistskes as it comes with the learning curve

I do not disagree at all, but seeing as we see mistakes every game from those who do play there now we really do not lose much. The kid is still young and the more games he plays the better he should get. ( we hope)

Back