• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Wish List and Predicitions

Gutter Boy

Tim Sherwood
What are your thoughts and hopes then?

1) Wish List
- In =
- Out =

2) Predictions
- In =
- Out =
- Net profit/spend =

1) Wish List
- In = Bernardo Silva, Coric
- Out = Carroll, Eriksen, Sissoko

2) Predictions
- In = No one
- Out = Carroll, McGee, Lesniak, Oduwa
- Net profit/spend = +£5m

I guess some of the loans (Lopez, Bentaleb, Fazio and Njie) may also be made permanent if conditions have been met

You wish for Eriksen to leave? Our guy with most assists last season and what is it, four goals in our five last games (or whatever it is)? Damn, tough crowd.

I don't wish for anyone out.

Hoping to get a backup for Eriksen in, wouldn't mind another low profile talented striker. Coric and say a talent from the championship. But what do I know about the championship, don't follow it or play football manager. :p

You wish for Eriksen to leave? Our guy with most assists last season and what is it, four goals in our five last games (or whatever it is)? Damn, tough crowd.

Hoping to get a backup for Eriksen in, wouldn't mind another low profile talented striker. Coric and say a talent from the championship. But what do I know about the championship, don't follow it or play football manager. :p

I think it's prudent to address the weakest link in our starting 11, which is really the playmaking/lock-picking one of the AM trio. I also don't think Eriksen has the mentality to push on.

I was thinking Bernardo Silva as a direct Eriksen replacement, but adding some real spark to the mix. Then Coric as an understudy for that role, although I don't mind putting faith in GKN and Edwards instead if that's the plan.

Sort of a:

Silva-------Alli------Lamela
(Son)---(Onomah)---(Coric/GKN/Edwards)

I don't think we can decide on Janssen till next season, and wouldn't bring in a 3rd CF unless we have no faith at all in Harrison and Sterling

I think it's prudent to address the weakest link in our starting 11, which is really the playmaking/lock-picking one of the AM trio. I also don't think Eriksen has the mentality to push on.

I was thinking Bernardo Silva as a direct Eriksen replacement, but adding some real spark to the mix. Then Coric as an understudy for that role, although I don't mind putting faith in GKN and Edwards instead if that's the plan.

Sort of a:

Silva-------Alli------Lamela
(Son)---(Onomah)---(Coric/GKN/Edwards)

I don't think we can decide on Janssen till next season, and wouldn't bring in a 3rd CF unless we have no faith at all in Harrison and Sterling

What makes you think Alli and Lamela have the mentality if Eriksen doesn't? For the record, I do believe we need to upgrade in that position, just not Eriksen. The idea that you want to replace the most creative of the 3 (Lamela, Alli and Eriksen) is baffling.

Last edited:
What makes you think Alli and Lamela have the mentality if Eriksen doesn't? For the record, I do believe we need to upgrade in that position, just not Eriksen.

They have drive in their eyes and you can see their game progressing at steady rates (admittedly Alli is having a difficult second season drop-off, but that was quite predictable and I think he has the tools to weather it). Eriksen has plateaued for several seasons now though and still goes rabbit in the headlights on the big occasions.

Even if you don't rate Eriksen as having the ability to hit that elite level, why sell him? I've said for a while that I'd like to be able to bring him and Lamela off the bench. The reason why those two still start when everybody is fit is because we sign players to be backups, rather than sign players to be first team and relegate the current first teamers to be backups.

Would be surprised if we make any major signings in January. Would really like to see us get a fast, skillful forward in who can run at the opposition and play either alongside Kane or instead of him, but I can't think of one who would be available at a reasonable price.

Even if you don't rate Eriksen as having the ability to hit that elite level, why sell him? I've said for a while that I'd like to be able to bring him and Lamela off the bench. The reason why those two still start when everybody is fit is because we sign players to be backups, rather than sign players to be first team and relegate the current first teamers to be backups.

Would be surprised if we make any major signings in January. Would really like to see us get a fast, skillful forward in who can run at the opposition and play either alongside Kane or instead of him, but I can't think of one who would be available at a reasonable price.

To maintain zero net spend re his upgrade, to keep the squad trim so we don't have disenchanted sulkers, and because mentality can be catching

To maintain zero net spend re his upgrade, to keep the squad trim so we don't have disenchanted sulkers, and because mentality can be catching

Eriksen seems to be a quiet and passive character to me. If he's sulking I don't think people would notice as much as others.

The guy has consistency issues for sure but I don't see anyone else in the squad who can do what he does (Winks isn't ready to make that step up yet) and at 24 years of age he's still got time to kick on to that next level. Plenty of world class players like Nedved and Lampard were no better than Eriksen is now when they were his age.

Also - you are utterly delusional if you think we could get Bernard Silva in January when Monaco have just knocked us out of the Champions League and are well and truly in the hunt for the title. If we qualify for the CL again and put in a big money offer that nobody else matches then there's a chance, but only a chance.

I think Eriksen shagged GB's wife. It's not so bad though as Mason clearly let GB shag his wife as compensation.

1) Wish List
- In = Ryan Sessegnon
- Out = Tom Carroll (no point in him being here)

2) Predictions
- In = nobody
- Out = nobody (unless we consider some of the younger players being loaned out as 'Outs'?)
- Net profit/spend = 0

Eriksen is probably currently our best attacking midfield player (he certainly his in terms of combined goals/assists) and therefore should probably be the last player that we look to sell of our options across those positions. I would rather we kept all of our options here, but if we were to be forced to sell one to balance the books then Son would probably be the one I would be the least sad to see go.

Eriksen seems to be a quiet and passive character to me. If he's sulking I don't think people would notice as much as others.

The guy has consistency issues for sure but I don't see anyone else in the squad who can do what he does (Winks isn't ready to make that step up yet) and at 24 years of age he's still got time to kick on to that next level. Plenty of world class players like Nedved and Lampard were no better than Eriksen is now when they were his age.

Also - you are utterly delusional if you think we could get Bernard Silva in January when Monaco have just knocked us out of the Champions League and are well and truly in the hunt for the title. If we qualify for the CL again and put in a big money offer that nobody else matches then there's a chance, but only a chance.

I don't think we could get Bernardo Silva or any proper Eriksen upgrade this window (hence my predictions of no incomings), with the possible long-shot exception of Isco

1) Wish List
- In = Ryan Sessegnon
- Out = Tom Carroll (no point in him being here)

2) Predictions
- In = nobody
- Out = nobody (unless we consider some of the younger players being loaned out as 'Outs'?)
- Net profit/spend = 0

Do you think there's more young players to be loaned?

We're a bit overstocked with GKs I guess.

Ogilvie is possible the only other one, along with Lesniak and Oduwa, who is getting towards being too old to still be here, without being near the first team squad.

Lol the problem is not Eriksen, its a play making cm to play next to either Dembele or Wanyama. We have not had someone like that since Modric and we all remember the football we played when he was in the team.

Do you think there's more young players to be loaned?

We're a bit overstocked with GKs I guess.

Ogilvie is possible the only other one, along with Lesniak and Oduwa, who is getting towards being too old to still be here, without being near the first team squad.
I think both Lesniak and Oduwa will both leave the club soon. I know you have always rated Oduwa highly but I have always been of the opinion that he will not make it as a top level professional footballer and it is entirely possible that he might not make it at professional level at all. I have seen many, many young players over the years with outrageous skills who didn't make it because they always played football like they were in the playground, Oduwa unfortunately looks to me to be one of those players.

I think that KWP and possibly CCV would both benefit massively from loans. Harrison is another who a loan move could work well for. Although IMO the one that needs a loan move the most is Onomah. I think he needs to go and play for a team where the players depend on their win bonus to pay their mortgages. He needs to have the inclination to coast through games dragged out of him somehow. He has all the talent and physical attributes required to play football at a club at Spurs' level, but at the moment his own personality may stop him doing so. I know he is still very young, but I think it would do him good to be brought out of his shell somewhat.

Lol the problem is not Eriksen, its a play making cm to play next to either Dembele or Wanyama. We have not had someone like that since Modric and we all remember the football we played when he was in the team.

Surely that's either Dembele or Winks?

There's been a few mitigating things this season so far - Dier's Euros hangover, Dembele's form/fitness issues, Wanyama settling into the system and Winks only just emerging. But I can't see many players under £30m who would significantly improve upon that quartet.

I especially wouldn't want us to bring in a bed blocker ahead of Winks (who is the new Modric!)

Back