• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer window wishlist

LB cover or new LB
CB on loan, because I think Kaboul is finished
Back-up CF (I could live with Shane Long)

BAE til Rose turns good, replacement can come later
Young keeper
Young CB

(strikers - OK with lamela and chadli )

New LB - its the weakest position in our team and would mean that Vertonghen is shifted to LB less frequently
Lescott on loan til the summer - can then make a decision on whether Kaboom will ever play again
Versatile/mobile CF to replace Defoe - should cash in on him now before he becomes worthless

(Left back) I don't think Danny Rose is ready to be our first-choice LB yet. Maybe he will be, and he's definitely showing promise, but right now it's our weakest position with the weakest back up. Maybe we can't land Shaw or Coentrao, but there must be someone out there!

(Striker) Assuming Defoe is off - going by the paper talk - and assuming we're now back to playing two up front, we'll obviously need a back-up striker. Not sure Kane is ready to take that role full-time yet. Would we be happy with Kane and Soldado up front if Adebayor's injury had been a serious one? Most of us, probably not I suspect. Not sure who is available and realistic this January - but again, I'd prefer to bring in a long-term solution rather than an ageing stop-gap or a loan.

(Centre back) None of us here know whether Kaboul will ever return on a consistent basis. But after Ledley King's extended problems, the medical staff at the club surely must have a fair idea what the likely prognosis is. If there's a good chance he won't be back to his previous level, week-in week-out, then we need to replace him. Would prefer to get a permanent replacement rather than a loan from City or someone else (i.e. Lescott). We need a long-term solution. I said during the summer than it made no sense to get rid of two centre backs (Caulker and Gallas) who had played almost 50 games between them and replace them with one player (Chiriches). Especially as there were whisperings even then that Kaboul's full recovery was not guaranteed. So let's get some additional solidity in defence.

I don't think we need a deep-lying playmaker as I believe both Eriksen and Holtby have what it takes to fill that role. I'm not saying they WILL fill that role, just that I think we should give them a chance before spending money in that area, given our other priorities.

(Left back) I don't think Danny Rose is ready to be our first-choice LB yet. Maybe he will be, and he's definitely showing promise, but right now it's our weakest position with the weakest back up. Maybe we can't land Shaw or Coentrao, but there must be someone out there!

(Striker) Assuming Defoe is off - going by the paper talk - and assuming we're now back to playing two up front, we'll obviously need a back-up striker. Not sure Kane is ready to take that role full-time yet. Would we be happy with Kane and Soldado up front if Adebayor's injury had been a serious one? Most of us, probably not I suspect. Not sure who is available and realistic this January - but again, I'd prefer to bring in a long-term solution rather than an ageing stop-gap or a loan.

(Centre back) None of us here know whether Kaboul will ever return on a consistent basis. But after Ledley King's extended problems, the medical staff at the club surely must have a fair idea what the likely prognosis is. If there's a good chance he won't be back to his previous level, week-in week-out, then we need to replace him. Would prefer to get a permanent replacement rather than a loan from City or someone else (i.e. Lescott). We need a long-term solution. I said during the summer than it made no sense to get rid of two centre backs (Caulker and Gallas) who had played almost 50 games between them and replace them with one player (Chiriches). Especially as there were whisperings even then that Kaboul's full recovery was not guaranteed. So let's get some additional solidity in defence.

I don't think we need a deep-lying playmaker as I believe both Eriksen and Holtby have what it takes to fill that role. I'm not saying they WILL fill that role, just that I think we should give them a chance before spending money in that area, given our other priorities.

Agreed, personally Rose is at best a back up LB, easily been our weakest link in last few games. Same around the JD rumors.

Caulker forced his move, Gallas was going to be expensive (higher wages) for a bit part player, it always was a bit of a risk.

Umtiti is a good call but I think we need someone who is a centre half first and foremost and preferably one who naturally sits on the right. Both Verts and Chirches play on the left of the centre half pairing

Umtiti is a good call but I think we need someone who is a centre half first and foremost and preferably one who naturally sits on the right. Both Verts and Chirches play on the left of the centre half pairing

I've heard Umtiti is more a CB than a LB - he's not really good enough on the ball for a FB. But, yes - I'd assume he's a left-sided CB.

I still think we need a few pieces to complete the jigsaw. We haven't really spent any money in the last few transfer windows so we should have money to spend. So my "wishlist" would be something like this:

Buy: Berbatov, either Julian Draxler or Luis Muriel, and Ricardo Rodriguez.
Sell: Holtby (to Schalke to reduce the cost of Draxler), Sigurdsson, and BAE.

Then we have a title-challenging squad imo.

I would like Lescott to be signed given his cost, experience and versatility and then another forward. I would go for someone running down their contract like Gomis at Lyon. Jeremy Menez is in his last 6 months as well so a deal could be done there. Another forward who could come in short term would be Ivica Olic.

I don't want us to sign a bunch of players, and if we sign anyone please let it be someone from within the league. The last thing we need is more foreigners taking 6 months to settle into the league.

Lescott and mabye a striker and for gods sake get benny back so we have some cover at lb!

I don't want us to sign a bunch of players, and if we sign anyone please let it be someone from within the league. The last thing we need is more foreigners taking 6 months to settle into the league.

Lescott and mabye a striker and for gods sake get benny back so we have some cover at lb!
As far as I know, QPR paid a fee to keep BAE until the end of the season. That info may be wrong, but if it's true then recalling him is a non-starter. Which is why we need defensive cover (and personally I hate loans... I'd rather we solve the problem long-term than find stop-gap solutions).

As far as I know, QPR paid a fee to keep BAE until the end of the season. That info may be wrong, but if it's true then recalling him is a non-starter. Which is why we need defensive cover (and personally I hate loans... I'd rather we solve the problem long-term than find stop-gap solutions).

Redknapp has said that he expects Sherwood to "let him have BAE until the end of the season because BAE isn't in Sherwood's plans" or words to that effect. Would indicate that it's not that we can't recall him, it's that we don't want to.

A long term solution is always the best, but failing that a short term solution is better than no solution.

A left back and a striker for me at the moment.

Back