• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

Was just an easy deal to do
£8m
Young, home grown and guaranteed no loss in value
But would he have got games here…..

Have said so many times if the Championship was a country every scout would move there. The amount of 0layers that make their debut there then go on to have great careers. Even the not so great ones are worth a bit of a risk.

I quite like Fry the defender at Middlesbrough. That Twine kid in league one looks a player. Really think the lower leagues with the better academy training can come into their own.

We keep hearing the club are doing everything with the aim of getting the squad ready for next season, trying to tie up our no1 targets in the summer etc..
So I wonder if we are now facing the issue that we have a lot of interest in Dele, TN, GLC, Doherty, Tanganga, Rodon, Gollini and maybe more but we have a problem that the vlahovic, Kessie, De Vrij top-level signings can't come until the summer, and we need to find a balance with who we buy this month.

Imagine if we sell all the high earners we don't want but can only bring in some Stambouli level loan signings to get us to the summer window.. It's a risky strategy!

Last edited:
We keep hearing the club are doing everything with the aim of getting the squad ready for next season, trying to tie up our no1 targets in the summer etc..
So I wonder if we are now facing the issue that we have a lot of interest in Dele, TN, GLC, Doherty, Tanganga, Rodon, Gollini and maybe more but we have a problem that the vlahovic, Kessie, De Vrij top-level signings can't come until the summer, and we need to find a balance with who we buy this month.

Imagine if we sell all the high earners we don't want but can only bring in some Stambouli level loan signings to get us to the summer window.. It's a risky strategy!

I don't think we have an issue with too much interest in players we're happy to sell.

For me, at long as it's players Conte wants out I'm happy to see its sell them without getting a replacement in. Up to a point of course, but every step in the right direction is a step well taken.

4 seems completely unrealistic to me at this stage?

Is it the fact that it would be more signings than we've made in the past 8 January windows combined that does that for you!?

upload_2022-1-17_10-36-51-png.13528

#thfc Should they leave, Ndombele and Lo Celso would both have a strong case to be the club's worst-ever signing, having between them played 90 minutes in just 16 League games in two-and-a-half years – Lo Celso seven and Ndombele nine. (@Dan_KP)

That’s impressive.

#thfc Should they leave, Ndombele and Lo Celso would both have a strong case to be the club's worst-ever signing, having between them played 90 minutes in just 16 League games in two-and-a-half years – Lo Celso seven and Ndombele nine. (@Dan_KP)

That’s impressive.

Wow, I still feel like Lo Celso had a solid run (when he was fit once) in the middle of one season under Jose. I guess even then he didn't complete 90mins much

That’s impressive.

We have to stop signing expensive players.

Our most expensive buys:

1. N'Dombele
2. Sanchez
3. Sissoko
4. Lo Celso
5. Bergwijn
6. Soldado
7. Reguilon
8. Lamela
9. Son
10. Lucas
11. Sessegnon
12. Gil
13. Royal
14. Aurier
15. Bent

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tottenham-hotspur/transferrekorde/verein/148

Out of those - only got our money's worth on Son, I'd say, with Lucas obviously chipping in with some very important goals as well. Other than that, it's pretty dire. Lamela was never really consistent enough for us, albeit being a fan favorite. Jury still out on Royal, Gil, Sess and Bergwijn obviously, but so much dross.

But then again - scrolling through that list on Transfermarkt - fudge me, we mostly sign pretty brick players, don't we. :p

Back