• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

Diego Carlos far more likely to be Cheslea than us surely

£30m for a 29 yr old. The Boy Who Cried Racist leaving...he replaces him

Only question is whether they're go for a bigger name rather than him

I hope we don’t swap Tang for Carlos

On a par and Tang has age on his side

Lloris signing a new deal.
Ndombele off to France.
Bergwijn and Doherty staying.
Kessie and Traore joining.

I'd rather not sign Traore, but it leaves us with decent cover for the rest of this season. I'd don't mind waiting for the summer window if we can't get players that will be an obvious upgrade to the team.
Yea that would be pretty good for a Jan window. With Dier and Romero back shortly hopefully the CB area can be covered until the summer.

Lloris signing a new deal.
Ndombele off to France.
Bergwijn and Doherty staying.
Kessie and Traore joining.

I'd rather not sign Traore, but it leaves us with decent cover for the rest of this season. I'd don't mind waiting for the summer window if we can't get players that will be an obvious upgrade to the team.
That would be decent witbin the confines of the Jan window - Is there any target we can get, even on loan to give us an alternative at CF?

A loan to Milan would be great for Tanganga if he's going to play more. Develop more as a player and international experience will help him as a person

No issue with a loan, shouldnt let him go if Carlos is the replacement

Last edited:
That would be decent witbin the confines of the Jan window - Is there any target we can get, even on loan to give us an alternative at CF?
I reckon they’ll be thinking we’re covered against a Kane Injury until the summer with Son, Bergwijn and Traoré. Not saying I agree, but that’s seemed to be the thinking under a few managers now.

I reckon they’ll be thinking we’re covered against a Kane Injury until the summer with Son, Bergwijn and Traoré. Not saying I agree, but that’s seemed to be the thinking under a few managers now.

That will be the only negative to his double on Weds. We will keep him for sure, at the expense of signing a back-up forward this month. Hopefully that wont be a problem as Bergwijn 'kicks-on' and turns into the forward we hoped he would be

That will be the only negative to his double on Weds. We will keep him for sure, at the expense of signing a back-up forward this month. Hopefully that wont be a problem as Bergwijn 'kicks-on' and turns into the forward we hoped he would be
Conte has said from the get go that he saw Bergwijn as a back up striker to Kane. He has played up top twice - once against West Ham where he scored and got an assist and the other time against Leicester with two goals a matter of minutes after being on the pitch. So maybe we should listen to Conte and accept he could well be the back up striker we wanted (if he stays fit)…..

Conte has said from the get go that he saw Bergwijn as a back up striker to Kane. He has played up top twice - once against West Ham where he scored and got an assist and the other time against Leicester with two goals a matter of minutes after being on the pitch. So maybe we should listen to Conte and accept he could well be the back up striker we wanted (if he stays fit)…..

Aye. It is just possible that one of the best coaches in the game, while spending weeks working up close with a player, is able to have insight and ideas that are not quite the same as those held by normal folk.

Apart from Doherty playing left wing back!

To quote Some Like It Hot, "nobody's perfect".

Thinking about that particular point, I'd really like for a journalist to specifically ask about why Doherty was played there. The insight from Conte could be helpful

Last edited:

Many of us are saying the 352 is our best formation (the games against Pool and Leicester, and the deficiencies when we play only 2 of Winks/Skipp/Hoj).

So the 2 would be Kane and Son except Son is injured this weekend... so will it be Moura as he is one of Conte's favourites... but Bergwijn deserves to start against Cheatski after his heroics.

And Traore isn't here yet.

So with only 2 slots, do we start Moura or Bergwijn? There is no place for Son, let alone Traore in terms of the starting line up.

So even though we will have lots of injuries (I fully expect Kane to get a serious injury in the next few games) it can be hard to find time for these forwards. So I can see why they feel we are covered.

Many of us are saying the 352 is our best formation (the games against Pool and Leicester, and the deficiencies when we play only 2 of Winks/Skipp/Hoj).

So the 2 would be Kane and Son except Son is injured this weekend... so will it be Moura as he is one of Conte's favourites... but Bergwijn deserves to start against Cheatski after his heroics.

And Traore isn't here yet.

So with only 2 slots, do we start Moura or Bergwijn? There is no place for Son, let alone Traore in terms of the starting line up.

So even though we will have lots of injuries (I fully expect Kane to get a serious injury in the next few games) it can be hard to find time for these forwards. So I can see why they feel we are covered.

That's how I see if 3-5-2, with a hold-up CF (Kane, new Llorente) and a wider/quicker/get beyond on (Son, Moura, Bergwijn). That's why I think it's important to get someone Kane-like, like Brereton, rather than another secondary striker.

We've seen how often a false 9 for us fails (a few games with Son in that role aside)

Only thing is that it seems like he is more cover for Son than Kane.... We have lots of players that can play with Kane, but none who can play instead of him.

Only thing is that it seems like he is more cover for Son than Kane.... We have lots of players that can play with Kane, but none who can play instead of him.
I’m not sure Conte agrees with that. He specifically mentioned Bergwijns hold up play when talking about his skill set, and against West Ham Kane didn’t play and he was the central striker with wing forwards either side and he was good. I know he’s not the big lump type of forward, but from what I’ve heard Conte say he genuinely thinks he can rotate Kane with Bergwijn. Let’s see…..

If Kane is out we revert to 3 up top using the fluid trio of son, lucas and bergwijn which nuno used at the start of the season.

Also I was the sole strong believer in 3-5-2 just after conte arrived.

Just saying :rolleyes:

If Kane is out we revert to 3 up top using the fluid trio of son, lucas and bergwijn which nuno used at the start of the season.

Also I was the sole strong believer in 3-5-2 just after conte arrived.

Just saying :rolleyes:
I think that's why Conte wants Traore.... I think he wants to use him like Moyes does Antonio at West Ham.

Back