• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

Its Paratici's style, plus the need to shift players

I still expect Doherty to leave in Jan plus at least one of GLC, Ndombele or Dele, and then 1-3 arrivals

It would be nice to fast forward to Jan 31st though..

Match made in heaven if that's his style!

Ndombele and Dele out on loan, Doherty and Bergwijn sold would be my guess.

I don't see Bergiwjn going, unless we sign two attackers of some description and/or Conte intends to go 3-5-2 rather than 3-4-3

Good shout, think it's two way with Stevie, apparently he wants to return to Holland for family reasons and I would imagine the 20-25m plus wages off the books would help us with other moves now and in the Summer.

Not one reference to us on bbc gossip column yet Arsenal get links to Vlahovic, Spence, Velo and Tielemans. I think someone from the Goons scouting dept is using this forum!

I don't see Bergiwjn going, unless we sign two attackers of some description and/or Conte intends to go 3-5-2 rather than 3-4-3

I think he'll choose between those, depending on who is available. So we've gone to the former since Son has been out and we've brought in Lo Celso.

Not one reference to us on bbc gossip column yet Arsenal get links to Vlahovic, Spence, Velo and Tielemans. I think someone from the Goons scouting dept is using this forum!

If Spence goes that is another we looked at a couple of years ago. Really if we are as broke as it seems going back to the old approach of signing young players from the championship would work.

One of the reasons I am mad we never signed Eze, Bowen has proved he can be sold on for big money.

We really should have loaned out Harvey White this year as well. Either he would be good enough for us or he could make a few million for us. Think of the money we made on Caulker, Livermore, Pritchard, Mason and Townsend.

If Spence goes that is another we looked at a couple of years ago. Really if we are as broke as it seems going back to the old approach of signing young players from the championship would work.

One of the reasons I am mad we never signed Eze, Bowen has proved he can be sold on for big money.

We really should have loaned out Harvey White this year as well. Either he would be good enough for us or he could make a few million for us. Think of the money we made on Caulker, Livermore, Pritchard, Mason and Townsend.

I wonder if Rodon and Clark have made is reassess our ability in that area.

Perhaps, though we've just hired that new guy from Everton focussed on signing, I believe, 16-19 year olds. So feels like we still want to sign up and coming players who aren't immediately first-teamers, but just need to be better at it

Well that would be like stopping because Bostock and Dean Parrett did not work out. The strategy is good it is the execution that has been poor.

Apparently we are looking at a couple of Peterborough players. Hope Levy talking about going back to our DNA means that he is thinking this.

Well that would be like stopping because Bostock and Dean Parrett did not work out. The strategy is good it is the execution that has been poor.

Apparently we are looking at a couple of Peterborough players. Hope Levy talking about going back to our DNA means that he is thinking this.

Exactly. So we may have stopped whilst looking to see if there was a reason it wasn't working anymore. Rodon and Clark are expensive flops. Parrett and Bostock were cheap.
Apparently we have a guy from Everton now - they have done well the last few years with youngsters coming through. Hopefully that is a good sign.

Quite happy to see us go for Gil and Sarr in the summer. Getting back to what has been a successful strategy. I get the wish for Championship (or lower) players, but with Paratici coming in fairly late I think we went mostly for players he knew more about.

Conte needs players that can perform quickly, but as a club we also need players that will develop over the coming years, players with potential to become better than players we can sign right away. Need to find that balance.

Good to see that we're investing in this age range again, and presuambly this was led by our new guy focussed on signing young players.

Guess he'll be loaned out for the next couple years, or in the U23s, so one to forget about for a while but great to create a pipeline of future players

I think Rodon would be sold for at least as much as we purchased him for.
Clarke has probably been our best player for the under 23s this season and definitely has a chance of making it at PL level (though probably doesn't suit Conte's formation and tactics).

Good to see that we're investing in this age range again, and presuambly this was led by our new guy focussed on signing young players.

Guess he'll be loaned out for the next couple years, or in the U23s, so one to forget about for a while but great to create a pipeline of future players
Indeed. We have neglected this talent pipeline for a few years now. There are loads of good British players at unfashionable clubs who cannot afford to turn down a million or two for a player who may never end up making it. Chelsea do a fantastic job of hoovering up talent and then use the loan system really well to ensure that those players progress either to become first team players at Chelsea or to being able to be sold for considerable sums to other clubs. I was really happy when I saw that we were taking Chris Perkins from Everton as he did a great job at bringing young players through to the first team at Derby, several of which were taken from other clubs.

Back