• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

Even back then we were hampered by the lack of backing (as well as the moves always being so late) in the transfer market....

Our only proper signings that summer were Scott Parker for £5.5m and Adebayor on loan and in typical Spurs fashion both were signed close to the end of the window with both of them missing the first game of the season.

We had a net transfer profit of over £30m that season - selling O'Hara, Keane, Palacious, Hutton, Crouch and Pavlyuchenko for fees. It's no wonder Harry was aggrieved at only being able to bring in a couple of players on their last legs in Saha and Nelson in January when we were in with a genuine shot at the title.

We still should've finished in the top three and I think we would've had the England manager job fiasco not come about but those at the top of the club shouldn't have been aiming for 'top 4' as they clearly were, they should've instead been aiming to win the league. Had we done that then even having failed to do so we wouldn't have slipped out of the top 3 and missed out on CL football.

This bolded part was when it all started to go wrong in my opinion.

Token players that Saudi Sportswashing Machine need to show their intent. Lingaard was given freedom at West Ham, cant see it happening with Conte.

He was also on a mission to show Utd that he should be in their plans. I wonder what he'd be like when going to another club and not on loan.

Though I think there is a bit of snobbery around him... anyone who gets him playing how he was at West Ham last season have a player on their hands.

I would take Jesse Lingard in a heartbeat for a possible £10m. He was dynamic for West Ham last season but Ole refuses to play him
I said that he would've been a good option last January and got shouted down by a few on here saying he was rubbish.

I expect he will go back to West Ham and strengthen them further.

I said that he would've been a good option last January and got shouted down by a few on here saying he was rubbish.

I expect he will go back to West Ham and strengthen them further.

The type of player that some people on here categorise as rubbish never ceases to amaze me, I guess everyone has their opinions

I see Saudi Sportswashing Machine going for Lingaard, Ake, Winks & Dele

Because you think players are going to run to a club that looks like they will go down.

Besides, if we sell and English players me thinks they will need to be replaced with English players, methinks we are at our limit, especially if Conte wants to bring in a couple.of players from Italy

He was also on a mission to show Utd that he should be in their plans. I wonder what he'd be like when going to another club and not on loan.

I see no reason why he would not continue to play well. This season he has made 5 sub appearances for Utd, in the league and has still managed 2 goals, a better return than most of our squad in the league

Last edited:
Because you think players are going to run to a club that looks like they will go down.

Besides, if we sell and English players me thinks they will need to be replaced with English players, methinks we are at our limit, especially if Conte wants to bring in a couple.of players from Italy
Yes because of ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
Simple as

Yes because of ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
Simple as

It would be more logical to leave Utd on a free innthe summer

Yes because of £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
Simple as

Do not judge everyone by your standards.

Do not judge everyone by your standards.
Man you think they don't only care about money hahahahahahahahahahahah

Agent to Dele - Dele Saudi Sportswashing Machine want you
Dele - I don't want to go
Agent-They will treble your wages and pay you a huge bonus if they stay up
Dele - Sittin' in a sleazy snack-bar suckin'
Sickly sausage rolls
Slippin' down slowly
Slippin' down sideways
Think I'll sign off the dole

'cause the fog on the Tyne is all mine, all mine
The fog on the Tyne is all mine
The fog on the Tyne is all mine, all mine
The fog on the Tyne is all mine

The type of player that some people on here categorise as rubbish never ceases to amaze me, I guess everyone has their opinions

If he had consistently played like he did at West Ham throughout his career then there would be a different view of him - for United he hasn't stood out as anything more than average imv

If he had consistently played like he did at West Ham throughout his career then there would be a different view of him - for United he hasn't stood out as anything more than average imv

He would not be the first player to be revitalised after moving to another club, and he looked that on loan to West Ham, better than all our attacking players barr Son and Kane

He would not be the first player to be revitalised after moving to another club, and he looked that on loan to West Ham, better than all our attacking players barr Son and Kane

But he calls himself "Jay Lingz", has the most stupid sense of a brand, thinks he knows fashion .... no thanks I'd rather a football players who wants to get his order in place not think he is something else ...

It was the perfect storm. He wanted to prove a point to Man U and also trying to play his way into the England Euro squad. He was also a lot fresher than everyone else when he joined West Ham having not played for almost half a season unlike most teams players. Hes not a bad player but is highly unlikely to continue that purple patch in the coming seasons…..

Back