• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

Priority is selling any of: Doherty, Davies, Dier, Sanchez, Winks, Dele

Preferably sell them all. £150m for the lot?

Dont need to replace the full-backs, but sign 2 CBs and 2 CMs. Need some HG players though

Appreciate its unrealistic. We can dream

We need an attacking player and quickly. We were only missing one forward tonight and had to revert to a RB, a holding midfielder, and a 17 year old when the attacking players had to be taken off.

We need an attacking player and quickly. We were only missing one forward tonight and had to revert to a RB, a holding midfielder, and a 17 year old when the attacking players had to be taken off.

We're a CF short, I agree.

But the list of players in my post have all (bar Doherty) been at the club and had lots of chances and arent good enough. Between them they play plenty of games and need upgrading with players who have some basic footballing skills and intelligence

We're a CF short, I agree.

But the list of players in my post have all (bar Doherty) been at the club and had lots of chances and arent good enough. Between them they play plenty of games and need upgrading with players who have some basic footballing skills and intelligence

I agree with that. We’ve been shafted (us paying fans). Over the past 3 nights I’ve watched bits and pieces of (deliberately leaving out the big guns):

Young Boys
Salzburg
Leipzig
Atalanta
Brugge
Napoli

There’s quality everywhere, young and old, hungry players.

We recruited someone whose sole job it was to rejig and replenish the squad and get some balance.

I previously graded the summer window at 5/10. I’m thinking I may have been too generous.

We’re falling behind West Ham! And if anyone thinks that’s knee jerk, it’s been going on for over a year now!

This isn’t about tonight’s result btw, it’s about as good as we could have hoped for….which says it all.

I agree with that. We’ve been shafted (us paying fans). Over the past 3 nights I’ve watched bits and pieces of (deliberately leaving out the big guns):

Young Boys
Salzburg
Leipzig
Atalanta
Brugge
Napoli

There’s quality everywhere, young and old, hungry players.

We recruited someone whose sole job it was to rejig and replenish the squad and get some balance.

I previously graded the summer window at 5/10. I’m thinking I may have been too generous.

We’re falling behind West Ham! And if anyone thinks that’s knee jerk, it’s been going on for over a year now!

This isn’t about tonight’s result btw, it’s about as good as we could have hoped for….which says it all.

I’ve deliberately avoided watching the better sides, particularly the English ones too! Far too depressing!

Re the wjndow, there is only so much that can be done in one summer, particularly when the players which we’d want to shift aren’t interesting to the teams which they’d want to join

However installing a system to attack and defend can be done regardless, and that’s what I’d like to see form Nuno. We don’t look like we have any sort of plan when we get the ball

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

My best mate is a Sunderland fan and has been raving about Callum Doyle who is on loan from City. One to keep an eye on, said Cirkin looked quality as well by the way.

Thinking out of the box here aside from Eriksen we have not replaced moussa Dembele. Our glory glory midfield years were with him and Wanyama. Do we need a proper mobile and dominanting DM to be able to control the midfield first? Could unlock dele and supply lines to Kane, give the wings the liberty to attack, help the cbs, and even winks effective wearing down the opponents with his numerous sideway passing.

Lo celso and Hojberg looked better in internationals playing a normal cm role with attacking responsibilities. Maybe we've accepted OK when we really need better there.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Thinking out of the box here aside from Eriksen we have not replaced moussa Dembele. Our glory glory midfield years were with him and Wanyama. Do we need a proper mobile and dominanting DM to be able to control the midfield first? Could unlock dele and supply lines to Kane, give the wings the liberty to attack, help the cbs, and even winks effective wearing down the opponents with his numerous sideway passing.

Lo celso and Hojberg looked better in internationals playing a normal cm role with attacking responsibilities. Maybe we've accepted OK when we really need better there.

Ndombele should have been swapped with kessie and Lo Celso with Zakaria. Would have not have cost us a penny and got us back towards that quality midfield we had in 2018.

Moving on Lucas and bringing in Noni Maduke and giving Bergwijn one more season as he has shown little glimpses. We hang on to platers to long when it is clear they can not make it. Don't even get me started on Dier, Sanchez and Davies ...

Dembele was a freak. Dier and Wanyama were perfect foils for him. For me, there’s no reason Ndombele/Lo Celso couldn’t pair with Hojbjerg and provide a similar balance.

The big humongous gaping hole from that team and this team is Eriksen. You only have to watch the 2 Dele goals vs Chelsea to see how much he’s missed. I still see Dele make those runs, but the chance of a Moura, Hojbjerg, etc finding him are pretty minimal.

Ndombele should have been swapped with kessie and Lo Celso with Zakaria. Would have not have cost us a penny and got us back towards that quality midfield we had in 2018.

Moving on Lucas and bringing in Noni Maduke and giving Bergwijn one more season as he has shown little glimpses. We hang on to platers to long when it is clear they can not make it. Don't even get me started on Dier, Sanchez and Davies ...

Agree on the hanging on to dross bit. Every squad can have 1-2 in decline with hopeful turnarounds, but we've collected half a squad of them now. I'll add Dele to the list. You can't change the coach to suit the players, the other way around makes more sense.

Dembele was a freak. Dier and Wanyama were perfect foils for him. For me, there’s no reason Ndombele/Lo Celso couldn’t pair with Hojbjerg and provide a similar balance.

The big humongous gaping hole from that team and this team is Eriksen. You only have to watch the 2 Dele goals vs Chelsea to see how much he’s missed. I still see Dele make those runs, but the chance of a Moura, Hojbjerg, etc finding him are pretty minimal.
I don't disagree but enabling Eriksen was Dembele and Wanyama. Someone to secure the base of the midfield was and is key today. Its economical getting securing that key area if it liberates 4-5 positions in the front. I like Hojberg but he's no Dembele or Wanyama.

Dele isn't a creator though; he either needs to play off a number 9 and then with other creators around him or not at all

I don't disagree but enabling Eriksen was Dembele and Wanyama. Someone to secure the base of the midfield was and is key today. Its economical getting securing that key area if it liberates 4-5 positions in the front. I like Hojberg but he's no Dembele or Wanyama.

Something often missed, Eriksen form went when Wanyama was crocked.
We never replaced big vic and the team was never the same.

see the impact of kante instead of mason mount for chelsea yesterday.
A player that makes a team look good instead of a player that looks good on the ball..

Back