• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

He doesn't look like the tradional target man we need, looks like a good player.

If we want one of those deep lying small low centre of gravity type strikers I'd say we'll be strongly in for Rossi in the summer, what with Villarreal's financial and footballing troubles at the moment.

i know nothing about Cisse

my comment wasn't about Cisse himself, just a guess as to why we never went for him

It itself, that would be a nice reason to believe. But we are a club that didn't sign a striker we clearly needed for at least 2 windows even though WE HAD CHAMPIONS LEAGUE to attract such a striker. So that guess in itself sounds fine, until you look a bit deeper at our transfer history recently..

cisse can be very selfish. During a game last year, Freiburg coach signaled for another player to kick a penalty as he missed previously but he pushed everyone away and kicked it himself to pad his number( he was neck and neck for scoring title against gomez). he did score a lot of goals for Freiburg as no one else did or could, but it was always about him scoring goals so that he can showcase himself to bigger clubs.

It itself, that would be a nice reason to believe. But we are a club that didn't sign a striker we clearly needed for at least 2 windows even though WE HAD CHAMPIONS LEAGUE to attract such a striker. So that guess in itself sounds fine, until you look a bit deeper at our transfer history recently..

we also had a bloated squad and a new 25 man squad rule to think about - i have faith that since that rule has come in our lack of transfer activity is down to us having to slowly clear out the deadwood and this summer will see us make some big signings (early in the window should we finish 3rd) because we will be in a position to not have to worry about moving players on to make space for new arrivals

Last edited:
Been on message boards for years and i can say hand on heart in my opinon they are all attention seeking freaks and it is sad people like you give them the attention they want because then threads like this are filled up with flimflam and people that actually want transfer news like when redknapp comes out with quotes about players we have to search through pages and pages of fudging losers talking about what other fudging losers have said.

So can i ask a favour do not reply to me in a thread again and i will do the same to avoid you and your sad little pathetic rumours, just means i will have to search through pages and pages to get my transfer news about what the manager of the club has been saying.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

I can only speak for myself but I don't give any ITK attention, I simply judge them on their merits and history...I never even comment on what they say, I just merely read it and see if anything comes of it and 95% of it doesn't end up materialising for whatever reason but there are some very obvious ITKS who know their stuff and who more often than not are right, and crucially barely post their info so are obviously not craving attention. To me it's just a bit of fun, I've no idea why you get so wound up about people who dare to read 'ITK' material but I respect your opinion.

You say you just want to hear quotes from Redknapp regarding transfers? His record is probably up there with the worst ITKs.....

i dont think people should be upset about not signing cisse (either of them)...i would like to think that we are waiting to commit our fund to a player significantly better than he is.

good strike today and i am very happy for both him and Saudi Sportswashing Machine (them for taking the chance on him)

besides people on this site dont like signing players that could be gone an average of 3 to 4 weeks every 24 months so it shouldnt bother them should it.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine (while they dont pose a threat to us) is fast becoming my second or third favourite team. bringing in the african boys to succeed. you go little france

I can only speak for myself but I don't give any ITK attention, I simply judge them on their merits and history...I never even comment on what they say, I just merely read it and see if anything comes of it and 95% of it doesn't end up materialising for whatever reason but there are some very obvious ITKS who know their stuff and who more often than not are right, and crucially barely post their info so are obviously not craving attention. To me it's just a bit of fun, I've no idea why you get so wound up about people who dare to read 'ITK' material but I respect your opinion.

You say you just want to hear quotes from Redknapp regarding transfers? His record is probably up there with the worst ITKs.....

sorry to jump into this thing, but ITKs are really full of brick, and attention seekers to boot. there is NO benefit or reason to be a career ITK....it doesnt help the club you claim to support in any way shape or form......i would go more than 95 % are absolute cretins.....more 99.99% are talking out their anus

but this JJset whatever clearly had some kind of pipeline of information that was closer to the finalising process............but rest assured he will fudge up like the rest of them soon and start trying to claim everything is possible but might not happen

we also had a bloated squad and a new 25 man squad rule to think about - i have faith that since that rule has come in our lack of transfer activity is down to us having to slowly clear out the deadwood and this summer will see us make some big signings (early in the window should we finish 3rd) because we will be in a position to not have to worry about moving players on to make space for new arrivals

Fair points.

sorry to jump into this thing, but ITKs are really full of brick, and attention seekers to boot. there is NO benefit or reason to be a career ITK....it doesnt help the club you claim to support in any way shape or form......i would go more than 95 % are absolute cretins.....more 99.99% are talking out their anus

but this JJset whatever clearly had some kind of pipeline of information that was closer to the finalising process............but rest assured he will fudge up like the rest of them soon and start trying to claim everything is possible but might not happen
I agree AS that maybe 99% is more accurate in the last couple of windows, but this has coincided with the more trusted ITKs posting less and less info over that period and the emergence of new wannabes.

I don't take any of it seriously which is important because if you do you will end up feeling extremely let down!

A bit dismissive AS, that...
LOL, i can see how that comes across
no no, i mean during the times where they dont pose a threat. they do pose a threat to us but i mean in the periods of the season where i'm not scared about them taking our position or going above us. once they start catching up to us and threatening to overtake us then they wont be my 2nd of 3rd fav team

Thank GHod for someone with some common sense, on the last website the itk(fudging tacos) had their own thread, and the was a thread for things like when harry comes out and says we have looked at the lad forrest at celtic, or even other posters just saying who they think would be a good signing, which is really what the itk are doing.

Anyway the telling of a man is when he can admit to having lost. I have lost and will not look at this thread again, its not for me sadly.

Corluka 'begged' Harry for move

Defender was eager to leave Spurs to boost Croatia prospects

By Jure Bohoric. Last Updated: February 6, 2012 12:20pm

Vedran Corluka has revealed he begged Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp to let him join Bayer Leverkusen on loan before the transfer window closed.

The defender linked up with the Bundesliga club for the rest of the season last week and made his debut in Saturday's 2-2 draw at home with Stuttgart.

Corluka joined Leverkusen in search of first-team football after featuring just three times in the Premier League for Spurs this season and not making an appearance since the end of November.

"The day before leaving Spurs I called him, and even begged him to let me go, as that was the only option for me and my chances to be at Euro 2012."
Vedran Corluka Quotes of the week

The 26-year-old admits Redknapp was initially reluctant to let him leave White Hart Lane as Tottenham challenge for the Premier League title.

Softened

However, with Corluka eager to play to boost his prospects of making the Croatia team at Euro 2012, the stopper says Redknapp eventually relented.

"When I told him that I had an option to move to Germany, Harry didn't want to even hear about that," Corluka told Vecernji List.

"He said to me that he still needs me and that I'm like all the other players - very important to him.

"The day before leaving Spurs I called him, and even begged him to let me go, as that was the only option for me and my chances to be at Euro 2012.

"And, after that conversation, he softened up and said that I can leave Tottenham."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7491776/Corluka-begged-Harry-for-move

We're keeping an eye on Mateo Kovacic at Dinamo Zagreb. Still only 17, but they're asking for 15 million.

Shaqiri set to join Bayern for €9m apparently.

Gah. Seems to cheap... I don't understand...

We're keeping an eye on Mateo Kovacic at Dinamo Zagreb. Still only 17, but they're asking for 15 million.

Supposed to be a fantastic talent. From what I read (from a scout) that price is about right and what they will be asking for. One of those players that everyone are looking at, but since everyone knows he's a massive talent and neither club or player are desperate for a move he will be very expensive. I'm guessing we won't be spending that kind of money on a 17-18 year old Croatian kid any time soon.

Gah. Seems to cheap... I don't understand...

Supposed to be a fantastic talent. From what I read (from a scout) that price is about right and what they will be asking for. One of those players that everyone are looking at, but since everyone knows he's a massive talent and neither club or player are desperate for a move he will be very expensive. I'm guessing we won't be spending that kind of money on a 17-18 year old Croatian kid any time soon.

I think he could be a long-term VdV replacement, might be worth it IMO, unless we go for Hazard. Can also play in Modric's role. I have no ideas about his fitness record, however.

Back