• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Yiddo

Cecil Poynton
As there is not a rumour thread on this new forum i thought id start 1.

So go ahead with the rumours.

As there are no rumours on this rumour thread, I thought I'd start one.

The pilot in the sky will have parrots for breakfast.

That's all I'm allowed to say so don't ask for more, you Danchevs.

I've heard from my mates, aunties, uncles, sisters, brothers, daughters, husband who is a taxi driver that he picked up Luis Figo from Greggs and took him to the Saudi Sportswashing Machine training ground.

He was eating a Steak Bake not a Cheese Pasty as reported in the Chronicle.

Well i heard both Ronaldo and Messi were in North London tonight. You heard it here first ;-)

Nejad Milijas and Steven Fletcher are on their way to WHL tomorrow morning. Don't shoot the messenger.

Would love this to be true given the recurring issues we keep having with Gallas not to mention Ledley. Bring Samba in and ship Bassong out - Upgrade complete

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/13/tottenham-jermain-defoe-harry-redknapp
Tottenham will not sell Jermain Defoe, says Harry Redknapp
ÔÇó Spurs block agent's request for striker to leave
ÔÇó Manager reveals Emmanuel Adebayor is on ?ú225,000 a week

Jermain Defoe's agent has told Tottenham Hotspur that the striker wants to move in this transfer window because he is not in Harry Redknapp's first team. The manager revealed that Daniel Levy, the chairman, has been contacted by Defoe's representative to discuss the future of the England international, who wants to play regularly before this summer's European Championship.

"Daniel spoke to his agent who said he is not happy because he wants to play and he has got a few clubs in for him," Redknapp said. "I am sure he has got a few clubs in for him but we are not selling him. He is saying this club wants him and that club wants him ÔÇô that is how they make their money. He is not moving anywhere, though. He is on contract here and is a big player for us."

Regarding Defoe's prospects of being selected for Euro 2012 by Fabio Capello if he is not in the Spurs starting XI, Redknapp said: "Jermain wants to play in the Euros but so does Rafa [van der Vaart]. He wants to play for Holland so he feels he has to play. I would not consider letting him out on loan."

Redknapp has suggested that this season could be Tottenham Hotspur's best chance of winning the title after admitting it may be difficult to retain his star players beyond the summer. He said that if Luka Modric or any other of his best performers was offered a lucrative deal they would be tempted to leave, with the manager revealing that Emmanuel Adebayor, who earns ?ú225,000 a week on loan from Emirates Marketing Project, should return north in the summer.

Redknapp said: "If someone comes along and offers players a contract that could blow their current one out of the water, it's very difficult. They are not going to say I was born in Croatia [as Modric was] but I have always wanted to play for Tottenham. If someone offers to treble a player's wages, you've got a problem, haven't you? We're not in a position to pay ?ú40m or pay ?ú200k a week."

Regarding Adebayor who has scored nine goals in 18 league appearances, Redknapp said: "He has done well for us. He is on amazing money. The other week, one of the lads said to him that he had not paid his ?ú50 fine for being the worst player in training on a Friday morning. He said: 'Bloody hell, Addy, you are on 200 grand a week and you can't afford to pay a ?ú50 fine.' He replied: 'Don't insult me ÔÇô it's 225.' He certainly isn't getting that here."

Asked if the Togolese international may stay at the club once his loan expires, Redknapp said: "We have Adebayor till the end of the year, and [will] see how we go."

Speaking before Spurs rejected a bid for Steven Pienaar from Queens Park Rangers, Redknapp said he does not want to sell in the current window. "I wouldn't want to let him [Pienaar] go. There is no one here who I'd love to see the back of."

Everton's Phil Neville claimed earlier in the week that the test for Spurs's championship credentials will come in March when the season reaches its defining point. In response, Redknapp agreed that the campaign's closing part will be difficult. "It depends what the fixtures are. We've got some hard games: we've got to go away to Emirates Marketing Project [in eight days], Liverpool [in February], Arsenal [late February], Chelsea [March]," he said, with Spurs also facing Manchester United in March.

Tottenham entertain Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday conscious that victory would draw them level with City, who do not play until Monday. But Redknapp refused to consider that prospect, saying: "I can only look to tomorrow, knowing that it's a tough game." Redknapp added that he was "hopeful" Scott Parker would return from a knee injury.

Back