• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...ho-will-let-team-down-in-Being-Liverpool.html

Liverpool had a behind the scenes show about their season, almost as cringey as their Nivea ads.

One of the episodes had Rodgers pull out 3 envelopes, stating they held the names of players he knew would let them down that season.

In the clip, Rodgers says to his team: "When I arrived here, the first few days were analysing the group, the staff, the players.

"I think there’s three players who will let us down this year - the cause, the fight, everything. And I have written them down already.

"Now my point to you as players - and staff - is make sure you are not the one in the envelope, because you are so important.

"If we are going to achieve, to be the best we can, we need to be together. But I think there’s three, maximum, who will let us down. Make sure you’re not the one."

They’re just a bunch utter clams

I think Poch felt that Vert was SLIGHTLY unfit or overweight when he arrived back for pre-season, and he had not done "enough" to merit starting the first game.

At that point, Vert threw a strop, so Poch was FORCED to leave him out of the squad, or risk losing 'Gaffer' status. You can't allow players to question you or throw tantrums.

Then for the second game it would be awkward for Poch to climb down and say Vert was now magically fit enough just 1 week later, especially after Toby/Sanchez had done nothing wrong vs Villa.

So he put Verts on the bench.

And next week he may be back, if he seems fitter/toes the line/trains well. Particularly if Poch didn't like Toby/Sanchez vs City for whatever reason.

I think Poch felt that Vert was SLIGHTLY unfit or overweight when he arrived back for pre-season, and he had not done "enough" to merit starting the first game.

At that point, Vert threw a strop, so Poch was FORCED to leave him out of the squad, or risk losing 'Gaffer' status. You can't allow players to question you or throw tantrums.

Then for the second game it would be awkward for Poch to climb down and say Vert was now magically fit enough just 1 week later, especially after Toby/Sanchez had done nothing wrong vs Villa.

So he put Verts on the bench.

And next week he may be back, if he seems fitter/toes the line/trains well. Particularly if Poch didn't like Toby/Sanchez vs City for whatever reason.
If he comes back in for Sanchez really easily, that sends a harsh message to Sanchez.

I like Toby, very good defender but Sanchez has started the season pretty well, we need to be thinking towards a future beyond this season. Verts is the left footer so I prefer him in there rather than Toby.

Thought Sanchez has had two decent games. Both him and Toby have been better than our midfield.
That's what I meant (badly worded). It's says,you played well but you are now dropped.

I wonder if Poch was looking at Toby and Jan with the intention of one being dropped so Sanchez could play.

Back