• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

It's no surprise that Dortmund had most of their best luck from our right flank. Not only was Verts dependable in defense, he was instrumental in our attack. Really, what can I say that hasn't been said already...

This will probably be treated as heresy but I think Verts is the same level overall as King. Not as strong or fast but better on the ball and a true defender in the same vein. We were so lucky to get him when King retired, the switch has been quite seamless.

Rio was mildly moist at half time for how good sancho was yet at the game he looked alright but we dealt with him. He had to sit off as verts was touch tight all the time

Second half .... the lad was a little boy lost with his mate Mario

Yep at the game too and agree with that. Sancho looked lively first 10-20, but I think much of the creaming is made purely on that one run that turned Sanchez inside out. It was good, granted, but after that he looked way out of his depth against our experienced back line.

Credit should also be given to Toby, who I thought was sensational and so disciplined positionally last night. He was playing on his more unnatural side of a three, yet mopped up perfectly every time Jan needed support.

Back