• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

I am not worried about Toby, he is as good as gone. My concern is Jan, he has just a season left on his contract. Everybody assumes he will sign a new contract but according to my recollection this time last season we all thought Toby would sign a new contract.

As we are on the verge of losing Toby and after Jan's excellent season this issue needs to be sorted, and soon.

Wonder if Jan will sign an extension and if he doesn't will that affect his relationship with Poch. Jan can walk away next summer for free. Damn he will be hard and expensive to replace

Now we have waited all summer for other clubs to do their business let's go in strong for DeLigt and get him signed in the next couple of days.

I reckon we'll have a +1 or +2 option on his contract. He renewed fairly recently. We've gone a bit Arsenal with contracts for over 30s.

DkUWU8xUwAAGgbg

I am not worried about Toby, he is as good as gone. My concern is Jan, he has just a season left on his contract. Everybody assumes he will sign a new contract but according to my recollection this time last season we all thought Toby would sign a new contract.

As we are on the verge of losing Toby and after Jan's excellent season this issue needs to be sorted, and soon.

I had no idea that Jan only had a season left. He has been our best defender in the past ten years; well him and Ledley King. Imagine the pair of them had they been able to play together as a defensive pairing. Wow.

I really hope we offer him a great contract, that he signs. Can’t face idea of losing him especially not on a free. Given how expensive a replacement would be, surely emphasis has to be in spending money on high wages to retain the best rather than rushing out to throw money at a player who might not be half as good.

MOM for me yesterday, such a class player.

Yesterday simply emphasised how important he is and why we need to sign him up. It already looks like we will be losing Toby next summer, and if we were to lose Jan as well that could prove very problematic.

I had no idea that Jan only had a season left. He has been our best defender in the past ten years; well him and Ledley King. Imagine the pair of them had they been able to play together as a defensive pairing. Wow.

I really hope we offer him a great contract, that he signs. Can’t face idea of losing him especially not on a free. Given how expensive a replacement would be, surely emphasis has to be in spending money on high wages to retain the best rather than rushing out to throw money at a player who might not be half as good.

I think we are already grooming Foyth for that. But hopefully it will be in 2-3 years time, rather than 1.

I think we are already grooming Foyth for that. But hopefully it will be in 2-3 years time, rather than 1.

Yes, there is zero chance that Foyth will be ready next season to be one of the two. Well, minimal at least unless he suddenly performs like a hero this season in his rare game time.

I think we need to get the Vertonghen contract sorted as soon as possible. If we don’t, then we will risk him becoming an invisible man in February when Pochettino becomes aware that Vertonghen is on his way out.

I think we have policy of shorter contracts for older players now, he seems happy enough (though they always do) so I'm sure he'll be happy to sign on again. He's only just got back to training and transfer window has finished, I'm sure renewing contracts for him, Eriksen, Alli etc is pretty high on the list.

Back