• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Every player should be doing that.

And yet in any team environment there are always leaders who set the tone.

That is the primary job of the captain, for me. Designated person who embodies what the manager wants.

This is the guy you follow, look at his example, earn his respect.

Of course, all players "should" do these things anyway, but its always the case that there are leaders and captains (even if under another name).

And yet in any team environment there are always leaders who set the tone.

That is the primary job of the captain, for me. Designated person who embodies what the manager wants.

This is the guy you follow, look at his example, earn his respect.

Of course, all players "should" do these things anyway, but its always the case that there are leaders and captains (even if under another name).

I think it can be absolutely vital, and agree that Jan is the natural right now. I also think Dier would be an excellent vice-captain. Harry wouldn't be bad too, but I think the first two have it. Dier will be a skipper one day IMO.

I agree that Verts would have made a good captain but given the fact that a few years back he was sulking his way off the pitch most weeks, I'm just happy he's turned it around and become one of the most consistent centre backs in the league.

team.jpg

For what it's worth I would give the armband to Dier.

So he just wanted an early shower so he could leave early to get a good seat at the O2. That's clearly a sign that he's leaving this summer.

I think it can be absolutely vital, and agree that Jan is the natural right now. I also think Dier would be an excellent vice-captain. Harry wouldn't be bad too, but I think the first two have it. Dier will be a skipper one day IMO.

I think Dier has to improve to be a guaranteed starter, he's had a fairly average season imo. His place should not be safe.

Vertonghen, on the other hand, has been the best defender in the division along with Azpilicueta (or however the phuck you spell it).

Back