• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Truly an excellent CB. The one moment that stood out for me was when Stoke had that 4 on 1 break. Jan positioned himself in such a spot that he pretty much cut out all their options by himself making any pass that Diouf could pull out a difficult one. No wonder Diouf passed it straight at him.

Truly an excellent CB. The one moment that stood out for me was when Stoke had that 4 on 1 break. Jan positioned himself in such a spot that he pretty much cut out all their options by himself making any pass that Diouf could pull out a difficult one. No wonder Diouf passed it straight at him.

Diouf was still bamboozled by Jan from earlier In the game when he dumped him on his arse with his dribbling

He played the percentages brilliantly. The temptation was to rush to the ball but that would make a pass easier and a pretty certain goal.

Jan let the striker drive on to an angle where it’d have to have been a great finish to beat Hugo.

It was fantastic defending that probably didn’t look as good as it actually was.

He was our best player again yesterday. Absolutely outstanding.

Ok I’m gonna play devils advocate but Jan has actually got better with age

Is it not feasible that Toby could maintain his previous high levels too as he gets older and therefore would be seisnble to give him the contract he wants?

Kane doesn’t get it because he isn’t do anymore than last season - his bar has been set that high

Jan is playing as well as ever but again to me is it better than his first season with us?

For me eriksen is playing his way ever and putting it match changing performances

Kane doesn’t get it because he isn’t do anymore than last season - his bar has been set that high

Jan is playing as well as ever but again to me is it better than his first season with us?

For me eriksen is playing his way ever and putting it match changing performances

Shareses then?

He was head and shoulders above all players on the pitch. He has to be in the running for player of the season ( again).

I agree. I don’t think he gets enough plaudits. He is our most under appreciated player imo - simply because his performances are nearly all of such a top quality We sometimes (I think) take him for granted. He should get a really big shout out.

Agreed. He has been superb this season.

He has been superb since Toby arrived. The season before I thought he was awful, like his head wasnt in the game at all.

Strikes me as a player who needs to feel happy to perform, was in a real funk/sulk but getting Alderweireld in snapped him out of it.

Since when he has been nothing short of brilliant.

Back