• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jake Livermore

Solaar

Stuart Nethercott
Inspired by the Dawson-thread hereÔÇÖs a chalkboard of Livermores passing. From what I saw this was easily young Jakes best game for us so far. His passing (a part from the one that was really horrible) was excellent and composed. He played the holding role very well and only seemed to lose concentration towards the end of the game where he got a bit excited. I really like his energy though, hopefully he can learn to contain it and only use it when necessary. With him, Bale, Kaboul and Walker in the team we are not likely to tire against any opponent.

334revn.png
[/IMG]

Discovered this thread on the last page, and not-surprisingly without replies.

Well, I thought he was MotM against Watford on Friday and did ok last night too. Looks to have improved and relaxed on the ball a little.

The fact Arry trusts him ahead of players like Krunchie and Pienaar suggest he rates him highly and has faith in the lad.

Glad to see a youngster coming through and having a solid frst season (I'd give him 6/10 so far). We'll need everyone in the run-in so, well done, Jake

He's a very safe bet in midfield and I'm glad we have him on the bench to fill in when others are missing. Never extraordinary but never a liability, plays the ball as he should, who knows with time and confidence he may be able to build from there

Looked very shaky under pressure at RB, you could see he was uncomfortable with his positioning, even Bale was helping him out at the beginning.

Jake has done more than alright.

He was by no means a big talent to behold earlier in his career and even early this season he looked inaduqate, imho. However before the Xmas run and going into the new year he improved quite steeply, and he now looks like a very composed passer and quick to get avaibable for the return pass.

In fact apart from the finishing bit I don't think he looks any worse than Jenas at this stage.

There ain't much bad to be said at this level, he works hard, doesn't bitch, plays his position well and focusses on what's important (i.e. central midfield, short bursts of movement, 1-2 passing, getting early tackles in, instant pressure when play breaks etc.), he is a homegrown and looks like he gives a tosh. IMHO we could use 3 more of his kind of player material, 2 for defence and one for attack, in principle.

Looked very shaky under pressure at RB, you could see he was uncomfortable with his positioning, even Bale was helping him out at the beginning.

I don't think he had much chance of doing any better than he did at right back. Wigan were doubling up (even trebling up) over that side and the right back was not getting any real help from the rest of the team. The same was also happening to Walker for the entire second half. Moses was pulling wide left for them and their new player from Birmingham (can't remember his name) was also getting up in support with Figueroa also pulling wide left and getting forward to support.

I was more concerned by Livermore's performance when in the midfield and he didn't get out to help Walker (although this job could equally have been Parker's?) than I was by Livermore's performance at right back.

Any player that say this

"Livermore signed a new two-year deal with Tottenham on 24 July 2009 and, on the same day, he scored his first goal for Spurs in a 1–1 friendly draw against Barcelona in the Wembley Cup. In a post-game interview, when asked by a reporter, "What is it like to score against the best team in the world?", Livermore replied "Score against the best team in the world? I play for them."; a comment welcomed by many Tottenham fans.

Should be adored!

Got a lot of the time for the lad, as long as he keeps working hard he'll play a lot of games for this club. He can be our Darren Fletcher.

If he played for sunderland he would be worth 20m already.

It goes to show that if you give players a few games to settle themselves into the team, im sure townsend and carroll and caulker could do the same.

We should save a fortune on wages and transfer fees, really happy to see us bringing through the youngsters properly now.

I didn't hold out high hopes for him when I first saw him but he's done really well this season and improved greatly. I said to a friend a few months ago that I would be very happy if he developed into our John O'Shea and I stand by this. I don't think that he will ever be a first choice player for us but his composure and ability to play a number of positions make him a real asset to have in the squad.

He's no nonsense and is willing to fight while on the pitch to get the ball (even against our own players). I really have been impressed with him.

Any player that say this

"Livermore signed a new two-year deal with Tottenham on 24 July 2009 and, on the same day, he scored his first goal for Spurs in a 1–1 friendly draw against Barcelona in the Wembley Cup. In a post-game interview, when asked by a reporter, "What is it like to score against the best team in the world?", Livermore replied "Score against the best team in the world? I play for them."; a comment welcomed by many Tottenham fans.

Should be adored!

Did he really say that ?

If he played for sunderland he would be worth 20m already.

It goes to show that if you give players a few games to settle themselves into the team, im sure townsend and carroll and caulker could do the same.

We should save a fortune on wages and transfer fees, really happy to see us bringing through the youngsters properly now.

Although this is only partially true, I agree that talent is only half of it - the mindset and discipline to grap the monent is so underrated.

Difficult for such young people. Especially our spoiled generations.

Probably deserves to be in the team ahead of Sandro against Liverpool.

Sandro, if fit, should get in above Livermore. I've been really impressed with his development this season but Sandro gives more drive going forwards. Save Livermore for a solid impact sub as we see out our comfortable victory at KKKlanfield.

Probably deserves to be in the team ahead of Sandro against Liverpool.

Because? Livermore doesn't have the same sort of spark that Sandro has, I'd say Sandro is better going forward and going back. His only issue is that he sometimes gets over-excited, i think this might be down to all of his injury lay offs this season..

Back