• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jadon Sancho

Exactly. Yes he's highly rated, but he has done naff all on a domestic level. He might well be the most talented prospect ever, but no one here knows if he's going to be that good. Bit much saying if there's only one more signing want it to be him....
I agree much as I like the potential I've seen in Edwards I'm surprised by the amount of people assume he could play in the first team this season. There is far too much hype of young players, they should be allowed to develop their talent without the huge burden of expectation lumped on them.

Has he ever played a senior game?

Spurs a great place for him to develop. But he's got a way to go still? Mind you Alli was in the team pretty quick.

Presumably, if he wants to move to us, he can move at the end of his contract? Emirates Marketing Project are otherwise entitled to decide who they are willing to sell to. After all, we turned down bids from PL clubs for Bale, and Modric. Though due to Sancho being a youth player this may be completely different?

Presumably, if he wants to move to us, he can move at the end of his contract? Emirates Marketing Project are otherwise entitled to decide who they are willing to sell to. After all, we turned down bids from PL clubs for Bale, and Modric. Though due to Sancho being a youth player this may be completely different?

He's not under contract. See @spursfan1976's post from earlier in the thread for scholarship transfers

Clause 13 of the standard scholarship agreement (it's page 466 of the Premier League rules) say that a club must cancel the contract of a scholarship player at the player's request but the player cannot then play for another club until the first club has been paid compensation.

The compensation rules are set out in para 283 of the FA's Elite Player Development rules and seem to suggest maximum compensation of £1.3m plus 5% of any future transfer fee.

So from the above the rules are clear. City are required to cancel Sancho's contract if that's what he wants but he then can't sign for another club for 2 years unless the new club pays the prescribed compensation - a small amount linked to appearances and 5% of future transfer fees.

Clubs are barred from inducing scholarship players to leave their clubs but by all accounts it's clear that in this instance the initiative has come from the player.

Basically if he wants to join us City cannot stop him.

This can be done after the window right?

He would be a free agent. So not a transfer.

He doesnt need to be registered for the Premier League or Champion's League squad as he's under 18.

Back