• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Mumorn

Vic Buckingham
just seen this

From Galahad the gnome

A parchment arrives containing some snippets from the diminutive one. The information is not uniformly positive, so if you dislike reading negative information, please close this thread now.

There was a confrontation after the Stoke game between Adebayor and Kane. Most of the team sided with Kane, but Kaboul and a couple of others didn't. Kaboul then went to see the manager to voice "the squads opinion" on Kane and his supporters. It was clear to MP that Adebayor, Lennon and Kaboul do not speak for the rest of the squad. The younger players are not happy with the way the three most senior players have been behaving, training and playing.

MP bitterly disappointed with more than half a dozen of the squad who have decided the extra hard work they are being asked to do hasn't paid off, so they won't bother to do it. He wanted to give them time to buy into his plans, but they have chosen not to do so. Today's team selection is a reflection of this reality.

Adebayor and Lennon are refusing to accept a move. They've told MP that they don't care whether they play or not. They'll stay at home, train with the reserves or sit on the bench, as long as they collect their wages.

Lennon only made the bench today because of the injuries to Townsend and Chadli.

Unsurprisingly it's proving most challenging to move many of our players expect Vlad to go permanent, and Paulinho on loan. Both to Italy and both to top Italian sides. Inter showing the most interest in Paulinho as things stand.

Baldini suggested we hire Paul Mitchell. MP supported this idea. Mitchell is seen as someone with the potential to become a DOF in the long term. He wants to 'apprentice' for a few years with someone experienced in transfers, dealing with agents and players, etc.

Each member of the triumvirate will have control over their own area of the transfer process. MP will decide on the roles he needs for his tactical schemes. Mitchell will then identify players (both young players and established players) for those roles, and will recommend them to MP, who will either approve or reject each of those recommendations. For players that get MP's green light, Baldini will go out and try to sign them. MP trusts Mitchell explicitly.

Moreno and Rodriguez (subject to full recovery) are still the top two on the list for January, although Mitchell has already identified other possibilities for MP to look at.

Apart from the above, there's no news.

Re: ***** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. Hull City ********

There where rumors of this sort of thing in today telegraph article.

From Galahad the gnome

A parchment arrives containing some snippets from the diminutive one. The information is not uniformly positive, so if you dislike reading negative information, please close this thread now.

There was a confrontation after the Stoke game between Adebayor and Kane. Most of the team sided with Kane, but Kaboul and a couple of others didn't. Kaboul then went to see the manager to voice "the squads opinion" on Kane and his supporters. It was clear to MP that Adebayor, Lennon and Kaboul do not speak for the rest of the squad. The younger players are not happy with the way the three most senior players have been behaving, training and playing.

MP bitterly disappointed with more than half a dozen of the squad who have decided the extra hard work they are being asked to do hasn't paid off, so they won't bother to do it. He wanted to give them time to buy into his plans, but they have chosen not to do so. Today's team selection is a reflection of this reality.

Adebayor and Lennon are refusing to accept a move. They've told MP that they don't care whether they play or not. They'll stay at home, train with the reserves or sit on the bench, as long as they collect their wages.

Lennon only made the bench today because of the injuries to Townsend and Chadli.

Unsurprisingly it's proving most challenging to move many of our players expect Vlad to go permanent, and Paulinho on loan. Both to Italy and both to top Italian sides. Inter showing the most interest in Paulinho as things stand.

Baldini suggested we hire Paul Mitchell. MP supported this idea. Mitchell is seen as someone with the potential to become a DOF in the long term. He wants to 'apprentice' for a few years with someone experienced in transfers, dealing with agents and players, etc.

Each member of the triumvirate will have control over their own area of the transfer process. MP will decide on the roles he needs for his tactical schemes. Mitchell will then identify players (both young players and established players) for those roles, and will recommend them to MP, who will either approve or reject each of those recommendations. For players that get MP's green light, Baldini will go out and try to sign them. MP trusts Mitchell explicitly.

Moreno and Rodriguez (subject to full recovery) are still the top two on the list for January, although Mitchell has already identified other possibilities for MP to look at.

Apart from the above, there's no news.

He means implicitly [ed]

Part of me hopes this is true, i just want so many of those called senior players gone that this will just help it all along.

That was my first reaction... but then I was thinking if I was in Lennon's shoes I'd be very frustrated about not getting a game when we play with zero width... I can see why he would be getting the hump.

Doesn't make it right, but I can see why he is thinking "why bother with extra work when Poch doesn't want width anyway..."

So is that story basically saying Kaboul was dropped today, and that Ade and Lennon would have been too had various injuries not fallen as they had?

Really, really disappointing. Who the hell do these players think they are? If true, particularly Kaboul and Ade, who had been given captaincy positions ahead of of other potentially more qualified players. And Lennon? He's been at the club ten years. Why is he suddenly not buying into what we are trying to do? And who are the other 3 that make up the half dozen?

So is that story basically saying Kaboul was dropped today, and that Ade and Lennon would have been too had various injuries not fallen as they had?

Really, really disappointing. Who the hell do these players think they are? If true, particularly Kaboul and Ade, who had been given captaincy positions ahead of of other potentially more qualified players. And Lennon? He's been at the club ten years. Why is he suddenly not buying into what we are trying to do? And who are the other 3 that make up the half dozen?

Ship out the old guard, if true.

Re: Transfer Rumour Thread

Yup... There must be something that can be done to secure their exits. I'm disappointed that Lennon is apparently involved. I thought that he was one of our few players who would actually bust a gut for the team.

The club is in a lot of trouble, I really hope Levy backs MP to get rid of these bad apples

Hmm but when Sherwood tried to confront the issue he was shouted out. Maybe we should have listened to him and used the summer to try and get rid of them. But then I have read that Lennon refused a transfer so maybe they are prepared to just sit and pick up their wages.

I think both Lennon and Townsend had offers in the summer, but both refused to leave.

just seen this

Do you know anything about Galahad the gnome??? Any track record of coming out with this sort of stuff?

Also do you know what time he posted this? If it was a few hours before kick off I think it would add to the truthfulness (is that even a word?) of the story

Instead of making me mad, it just makes me question footballers even more. They really do live in a different world to the rest of us. They have such egos that they cant be arsed to listen to a new manager because they know best. Forgetting the fact this could be for the benefit of the team and the possibility of winning a trophy or qualifying for the champs league to play in the biggest tournament in the world.

Really dont want to believe Lennon is part of that group!

Lennon's performance today when he came on as sub didn't look like the performance of a player fitting the description from this ITk.... Either Lennon is very professional or the ITK is *******s.

If true, this will be hard work for Poch to sort out. hope he does do it but it is fair to say that a split dressing room is no easy thing to fix.

Do you know anything about Galahad the gnome??? Any track record of coming out with this sort of stuff?

Also do you know what time he posted this? If it was a few hours before kick off I think it would add to the truthfulness (is that even a word?) of the story

Instead of making me mad, it just makes me question footballers even more. They really do live in a different world to the rest of us. They have such egos that they cant be arsed to listen to a new manager because they know best. Forgetting the fact this could be for the benefit of the team and the possibility of winning a trophy or qualifying for the champs league to play in the biggest tournament in the world.

Really dont want to believe Lennon is part of that group!
It makes me question the whole system. Surely, this has to be the end for the DoF model?
It was sold to us as a way of maintaining player stability (after all they are assets) if the Manager or Head coach is/has moved on.
Well, if so then it seems to be a way of undermining the Head Coach, as players appear to be thinking we won't be accountable if results are bad as Head Coach will be replaced.
It is clearly undermining the Manager and it will have a knock-on effect on values if players develop bad reps since other Clubs will be reluctant to buy or pay higher fees. Surely, Levy can see this, so he must allow Poch to decide which players he wants based on tactics he hopes to implement. So all he needs is a team answering to him: scouting and recommending players but he alone decides who comes and who leaves.
Then we know the buck stops with him, if he gets the boot then the new Manager has to make decisions on the players, there will always be some who don't fit, no matter the system, so let's not worry about 'player stability' and make sure the Manager has full control so that players can't make mischief by downing tools.

Also, Lennon may not be happy but he has and usually does get on with it, which makes you wonder if Poch is not entirely being objective or meritocratic? However, if that is Poch's decision than so be it, he should live or die by it, not by decisions made by Mitchell or Baldini or a committee.

Some more ITK on the issue

a bit more from prof on coys (who posted the galahad bit, in other words, more from the same source just with prof's words):
Two groups we want to move on. For want of a better shorthand notation, the Malcontents and the Incompatibles. Poch was forced to play some Incompatibles today because he did not want to play any of the Malcontents.
It's a choice between playing those who are (in some cases) more capable than most others in the squad, but don't care about the team, or those who have lower level skills but do care. Not great cards for MP to be dealt. We'll see how he plays them.

Some more ITK on the issue

a bit more from prof on coys (who posted the galahad bit, in other words, more from the same source just with prof's words):
Two groups we want to move on. For want of a better shorthand notation, the Malcontents and the Incompatibles. Poch was forced to play some Incompatibles today because he did not want to play any of the Malcontents.
It's a choice between playing those who are (in some cases) more capable than most others in the squad, but don't care about the team, or those who have lower level skills but do care. Not great cards for MP to be dealt. We'll see how he plays them.
I think it's all a load of *******s.

Transfer Rumour Thread

Most ITK is bollox or it is info that is already in the public domain BUT the team selection today and the squad that travelled indicates something odd and makes it a little more believable.

Seems to be a common theme throughout the season tbf (itk talk of discontent in the dressing room and MP needing to weed out the key offenders)

Back