• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Who: Storky
When: September 1, 2014 - 11:11AM MST
Where: GG

Benji is in - Holtby is out. That's it folks - we're done til January.

Last edited:
How can we not sign a goal scorer of some sort. 55 goals and a goal difference of +4 last season. Soldado was rubbish. Ade is temperamental, and not really an out and out goal scorer. And Kane looks more of a behind the striker, than main striker. Once again we will struggle for goals, and --as we did on Sunday -- not take those crucial chances that make the difference between winning and losing. ****, I may incline to a glass half empty view of the world sometimes -but I really am ****ed off with our bizarre transfer dealings in recent seasons. (Is VdV available?)

How can we not sign a goal scorer of some sort. 55 goals and a goal difference of +4 last season. Soldado was rubbish. Ade is temperamental, and not really an out and out goal scorer. And Kane looks more of a behind the striker, than main striker. Once again we will struggle for goals, and --as we did on Sunday -- not take those crucial chances that make the difference between winning and losing. ****, I may incline to a glass half empty view of the world sometimes -but I really am ****ed off with our bizarre transfer dealings in recent seasons. (Is VdV available?)

I dont think its down to a striker, more how we played last season This season will be more adventurous therefore more chances.

What I am concerned about is our midield which is very limited in terms of passing quality

I dont think its down to a striker, more how we played last season This season will be more adventurous therefore more chances.

What I am concerned about is our midield which is very limited in terms of passing quality

Exactly. Still no CM who can pass the ball

So, other than the fact that our midfield can't pass and all our one-and two-touch play lacks a boat-load of precision, our defence can't seem to deal with set-pieces, balls over the top, runs in behind or crosses, our forwards struggle to create and/or take chances and generally give the keeper a better-than-50-50 chance of saving anything they do get on the end of, everyone wants twice the time to do anything than they're ever likely to get against the majority of opposition and our first-choice keeper can't kick to save his life, we're all set :)

Our goal difference last year wasn't down to lacking a striker. We conceded 27 goals against the top four. Twenty ****ing seven.

[Update 182] The Goat on MS

Poch has gone back to Levy asking him to try harder to get MS after yesterdays performance.

[Update 183] Rebrab re: Clearout

This clearout will lead to something. One final bid...

[Update 184] The Goat on Rodriguez

Who: The Goat
When: 1st September 2014
Where: SC

The Goat has heard that we've been trying to sign Jay Rodriguez today.

[Update 185] Ali Z on Rodriguez

Who: Ali Z
When: 1st September
Where: COYS

Ali Z on COYS
Re: Rodriguez

"really pushing on this"

I think this transfer window showed that there is no longer any such thing as an ITK where Spurs are concerned (indeed if there ever really was any such thing!)

Every signing we made came out of the blue and we didn't get anywhere near any of those the ITKs were putting two and two together for and trying to come up with a story making out they knew something.

Who: Ali Z
When: 1/9/14

I know a lot of you will be upset by the window, we clearly need improvements in CM, LWF and CF. It is not that easy, it is not just down to finances.

Poch wanted to reduce the squad we have gone some way to doing this, he wanted to start building from the back and we have bought in a keeper and 4 defenders.

He is keen to improve in other positions and we were never going to get all targets, am sure we will be back in for J-Rod and MS in January as well as looking for alternatives.

It is important that we keep reducing the squad so that Poch can get the squad he wants, there are whole host of players that he does not see as a long term part of his plans, hopefully we will be able to get rid of some of these in Jan.

Poch has a reputation as a good coach and he will now have to work with what he has but he was always happy to do so, as I said he never thought he would get everything sorted in 1 window. Patience is required by the fans and the board, if anybody failed this summer it was Levy not selling players so we never had the space to bring in others.

Who: Trix
When: 1/9/14

I have been quite privileged the last few months in the fact that I have been privy to quite a lot of info regarding what has been going on be hind the scenes at the club. I have posted pretty much everything I have heard and most of it in as much detail as I could.

Something worth repeating though is...................

Poch is very happy with the squad he has got!

Levy was heavily criticised last Summer for having no coherent transfer plan, so instead this year we set out a list of targets that Poch thinks will improve squad in the positions he thinks need upgrading. With CB we have had a preferential list which we have worked our way through until we have gotten our target because Poch didn't have faith in what we had and the ones at the top of the list became unobtainable for one reason or another. That is a very different situation to the other signings we wanted.

There is no point in just bringing in players that the manager really doesn't fancy, because come January/next summer we will be looking to move them on again, (which is so very difficult) just to get the players that were top of the list as of now. Yes I think if we had pushed earlier we could have got Welbeck, but the fact is Poch wanted J-Rod which is why we dallied over getting Welbeck done on loan. As time moved on it became apparent that the loan option was no longer viable and it would have to be a a full transfer if we were to get him. No way were we going to pay in excess of £15mil for Welbeck, when the manager would STILL want Rodriguez in January.

IMO both deals for the Saints boys were possible, but it would have meant throwing a lot more money at the players than even Poch deemed they were worth(financially speaking). Yes it has been a disappointing end to the window but I will just reiterate Poch is very happy with the squad as is. I am underwhelmed with today but I'd rather wait and get the manager what he wants than another scatter gun approach like we had last summer, and we have addressed quite a few issues this window already. LB, RB, CB and CM have all been in Poch's opinion upgraded and that is the key to what he needs to do his job properly.

He is being backed even if it doesn't look like it from the outside, buying players he didn't want just for the sake of buying them would not be backing him, it would have been exactly the opposite.

And for anyone that puts this down to Levy PR spin, my info comes form sources close to Poch and to the Southampton end of things, not Levy or the club itself.

Back