• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Is there ANY player in our squad (including youth ranks) who can be our DCM until January?

glorygloryeze

Ian Walker
Is there ANYONE we can try as that player to shield our ageing and physically crumbling back-line?

ANYONE who can put a decent tackle in and track forward runners??

Could Skipp do a job??

Haha I love how so many people were saying that Dier was the answer and Poch was a fool for not playing him, and now after one game he’s not the answer anymore! I think it’s more evidence that our problems aren’t as simple to solve as by a change in formation or a few personnel changes.

Well Dier has barely played all season, half the team are either lazy or unfit. I'd certainly put Alli and Dier in the unfit category especially Dier who has barely played any football this calendar year.

Skipp could come in and do a job but just as big a chance he could sink as well.

Well Dier has barely played all season, half the team are either lazy or unfit. I'd certainly put Alli and Dier in the unfit category especially Dier who has barely played any football this calendar year.

Skipp could come in and do a job but just as big a chance he could sink as well.
Dier is currently in my ‘The Walking Dead’ category, along with Dele, Wanyama and Rick Grimes.

Is there ANYONE we can try as that player to shield our ageing and physically crumbling back-line?

ANYONE who can put a decent tackle in and track forward runners??

Could Skipp do a job??
Skipp is ok too good. We are so not equipped for the epl! The elephant in the room is sadly lack of team investment!
So many of our midfielders are crocked it cant be a coincidence?

Trouble is our purchases are hardly pulling up trees, Sanchez and Foyth just don’t look good enough!
N’Dombele looks decent but other than than that no one has stepped up!
Sessegnon and GLC not included

If we actually PLAY a 4-2-3-1, I think Scara has a point. Two energetic and willing players can defend just fine in a double pivot.

I wouldnt consider yesterday playing at all

Not necessarily, but I was responding to Scara’s post which seemed to be saying that here and now we don’t need a DM as long as we play 4-2-3-1.
One important part of playing like that is the press.

We lacked that so much yesterday that even Joe Cole could see it. Joe fudging Cole knows how to fix what Poch doesn't.

Kante wouldn't have fixed our defensive issues and just would have made us even more brick when we had the ball.

Last edited:
If we actually PLAY a 4-2-3-1, I think Scara has a point. Two energetic and willing players can defend just fine in a double pivot.

I wouldnt consider yesterday playing at all

Maybe it’s just a question of semantics. I just think we need one central midfielder who has strong defensive qualities. Like all the most recent title winning teams have had - Fernandinho, Kante, Matic (14-15) and arguably Carrick (12-13).

One important part of playing like that is the press.

We lacked that so much yesterday that even Joe Cole could see it. Joe fudging Cole knows how to fix what Porch doesn't.

Kanye wouldn't have fixed our defensive issues and just would have made us even more brick when we had the ball.

Aaaaaand I’m out.

Maybe it’s just a question of semantics. I just think we need one central midfielder who has strong defensive qualities. Like all the most recent title winning teams have had - Fernandinho, Kante, Matic (14-15) and arguably Carrick (12-13).
Carrick doesn't belong in that group, he was 1000x the player on the ball that any of the others were.

Edit: Just spotted Fernandinho -goes for him too

Carrick doesn't belong in that group, he was 1000x the player on the ball that any of the others were.

Edit: Just spotted Fernandinho -goes for him too

Yeah, and they’re also both much better defensively than Sissoko and Winks (and Ndombele based on what I’ve seen of him, though I appreciate his defensive stats looked good for Lyon).

Yeah, and they’re also both much better defensively than Sissoko and Winks (and Ndombele based on what I’ve seen of him, though I appreciate his defensive stats looked good for Lyon).
Absolutely. Either one of them is better in every sense than Sissoko and Winks combined.

If your argument is that we need better players than Sissoko and (current form) Winks then I agree. If your argument is that we employ players like Matic or Kante then I disagree.

Last edited:
Back