• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Is Michael Owen now Britain's funniest man

Not sure Owen has done that much wrong here. Nor do I think that the soldier has done anything to deserve people's respect.

There was one game at the Lane earlier in the season (can't remember which one) when lots of soldiers who are serving in Afghanistan were present, and we were meant to applaud and pay our tributes to them for their effort in a war where GHod knows how many civilians have been killed over the years. Personally, I thought it was a huge provocation.

This "soldier" is a dingdong. Bigger dingdong than Owen, if you can believe it. 6 years of physical work? What does he want, a medal? Sorry, they're only given out to real heroes.

Not sure Owen has done that much wrong here. Nor do I think that the soldier has done anything to deserve people's respect.

There was one game at the Lane earlier in the season (can't remember which one) when lots of soldiers who are serving in Afghanistan were present, and we were meant to applaud and pay our tributes to them for their effort in a war where GHod knows how many civilians have been killed over the years. Personally, I thought it was a huge provocation.

You can support soldiers, who fight and put their lives on the line for their country without supporting the war they're fighting in.

Soldiers don't chose who, when or where to fight. You want to oppose a war, oppose the politicians, not the soldiers.

I don't mind owen. He actually comes across as a nice enough guy on twitter. It people like Piers I detest. Constant bickering and moaning and views himself as a know-it-all who doesn't make mistakes. Even his fellow goons don't like him and no wonder with his half-wit views and constant wengerout chants.

It is mostly down to Piers that Owen gets targeted by clowns, sending abusive tweets. He constanly does the same to Owen, Rooney, Linekar, Rio (even though I dislike him myself) amongst others.

As for the soldier. He signed up in his own choice. I respect he puts his life on the line for our country but that doesn't mean you can try and set-up an expected response in order to use your "I've done this for the country" phrase to put an end to an argument.

He was the one being abusive and has come off looking like the idiot.

As for the soldier. He signed up in his own choice. I respect he puts his life on the line for our country but that doesn't mean you can try and set-up an expected response in order to use your "I've done this for the country" phrase to put an end to an argument.

He was the one being abusive and has come off looking like the idiot.

Precisely. The whole thing was clearly set up intentionally based on Owen's responses to other people abusing him - the guy's acting like a prick no matter what he's done and for whom.

Some of the people on this forum need to top themselves. Disgraceful attitudes towards our troops.

I dont think its necessarily about an attitude towards the troops, more an attitude towards what the troops have been asked to do. As someone said, its possible to support soldiers without supporting the wars they fight in.

You can support soldiers, who fight and put their lives on the line for their country without supporting the war they're fighting in.

Soldiers don't chose who, when or where to fight. You want to oppose a war, oppose the politicians, not the soldiers.

=D>

My thought exacty.

Since people are agreeing with me I just wanted to clarify that I was responding to what KoN said, not really talking about the Owen tweet situation. I don't think Owen did anything wrong from what I've seen and I agree with spursman and scara about what the tweeter did.

Soldiers sign up by their own choice in this country, and they know what they are signing up for; a career as killers. If they are in Afghanistan, the chances are they are there because they want to.

My issue was just as much with the club in that case though. White Hart Lane is a place for football, not for politics. I don't think it's right that they bring the political element into the ground by having a parade of soldiers before a game.

Who are they intending to kill KON? Are they sent out there to kill innocent people? Thought not. They're sent to kill the bad guys but you and a few others want them classed as villains themselves? Imbeciles.

Who are they intending to kill KON? Are they sent out there to kill innocent people? Thought not. They're sent to kill the bad guys but you and a few others want them classed as villains themselves? Imbeciles.

THIS =D>

The people we're out there fighting are filth anyway.

26F3D02E00000578-0-image-m-55_1427214412280.jpg

26F2EEE500000578-0-image-m-41_1427208577414.jpg

26F2EEC100000578-0-image-m-42_1427208584609.jpg

Back