• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

iPhone 4s deleted my contacts

Juicebox

Clive Wilson
Yesterday afternoon I went to get a telephone number from my contacts and it had disappeared, so I decided to check for a couple of others and these have gone too.

I have 6 seperate email accounts and contacts on the phone and my email contacts from the accounts are there. Also numbers that I have added since I've had the iphone (about 6 months) are on there. It is just the ones that I transferred across from my blackberry, over 2000 numbers.

I have tried plugging the iphone in to my PC and restoring the last back up but still nothing???

Has anyone else had this happen or know what I can do?

Nope, I've been told I should have done this, but also backing up on the PC should have been fine too.

I'm noticing a lot more complaints about Iphones shortly before the next model comes out.. :-k

Are the contacts associated with a particular email account or anything like that? If so it might be worth checking that the contacts for that email address are being syncronised, you do that in the email setup section.

I think what I might do is start again, and try and find my old blackberry and keep my fingers crossed the contacts are all saved on there.

Give your phone provider a call. Not cheap I know, but they might be able to help, or put you through to Apple who might be able to shed some light on how to retrieve the lost contacts/data.

I spoke to T-mobile, if I'm honest I don't think she had a clue. She asked if I wanted her to resend my last bill so I could get the numbers I'd called/text. I said that was great but it would mean inputting them individually and having to guess who's number is what.

I guess I will try and re-add them via the blackberry and if that doesn't work, go to the Apple shop, and then failing that cry!

Just ask them to transfer you to Apple, or phone them directly. Or as you say, go to one of the Apple stores, they're pretty good from my experience when it comes to solving problems/offering advice.

EDIT: Not much help to you now, but in future, back your contacts up with iCloud.

I spoke to T-mobile, if I'm honest I don't think she had a clue. She asked if I wanted her to resend my last bill so I could get the numbers I'd called/text. I said that was great but it would mean inputting them individually and having to guess who's number is what.

I guess I will try and re-add them via the blackberry and if that doesn't work, go to the Apple shop, and then failing that cry!

I wouldn't bother with the Apple store. They can't do data retrieval and will basically tell you if you don't have them in iCloud or backed up in iTunes then you're screwed. I used to work at the Apple Store in Sydney, saw lots of similar things.

It's a tough lesson to learn but one I think most people go through. First thing to do now: add everything to iCloud!

I've managed to transfer all the old contacts I had on my blackberry using a gmail sync and then importing them via Exchange on the iphone. Got the majority of numbers back but lost a few of the newer ones which is a lot better than it could have been!

Back