• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

iOS7

Dicko

Edgar Davids
Everything looks the same but everything has changed!

Feels like I've now gotta learn how to use my bloody phone all over again!

Also, after updating last night my alarm didnt go off this morning.. stupid thing.

Anyway, what can my phone do today that it couldnt do yesterday?

I've very mixed feelings about the Update. Once again they've changed things that they didn't need to touch.

The keyboard has been updated, why? The way that the open pages of the internet are displayed is worse than before. In the past if you had rare pop ups, you would be able to click and close as it loaded, can't do that any more.

I'm not sure about the Air Drop feature, doesn't offer me anything that I'm in great need for.

Apparently there's an IPhone radio now but as I always listen to Spotify, I don't need a radio.

Too many changes to make the phone appear 'flashy'. Yet doesn't answer some of the problems that I have with the phone.

I would like the internet to load when you're in another App, background loading.

All in all, I'm yet to be thrilled to the point where I'm happy that I've updated the phone. Perhaps that will take time to adapt and to learn the new features.

I think the Air Drop feature is only for newer models so old devices won't have this. The swipe up from the bottom control panel is a good idea though with quick access to the brightness tool, torch, music controls, do not disturb feature etc

Also the iTunes Radio is US only.

There's a few little details I like but one thing that's a bit strange is how lots of the menu screens all look like GMail.. everything is sort of white background with black or grey text. It's not very 'Apple'.

The home screen clock/date display when it's locked looks just like my Android phone, teehee.

Otherwise, meh.. don't care. Preferred the old icons but doesn't matter really. I'd like options to make the app tray or whatever it's called, at the bottom of the screen, transparent, or a darker theme because 'invert colours' makes everything look ****ty.

I like that you can now block phone numbers. Recently I had a problem with a crazy woman who wouldn't leave me alone, she kept calling in the middle of the night, I'd wake to find missed calls. Needless to say her number has now been blocked....some would say that's no way to treat my mother but....;)

The first half of that was real, so blocked the number.

Thought competition was all about originality. If I wanted something that looked like a **** samsung I would have bought one. Awful.

I quite like it, I don't like that pics that are in your photostream show up twice in the album view but other than that I think everything is an improvement on iOS6

I didn't like my work iPhone before the update, now i really don't like it. Hideously bright, garish icons that clash with themselves, let alone each other and it's so full of unnecessary animations.

Sounds like this forum is full of people that are hard to please :p

For me, one of the better features has been the control center toolbox. Apple should've added this ages ago though. Parallax effect is cool/gimmicky, but it is a nice tough. As for the UI changes, I prefer the cleaner look as opposed to the apps actually mimicking a notepad or calendar. To unlock, you just slide the whole screen instead of a small block. It's nothing revolutionary, but I like the improvements so far. Maybe once all the developers catch up and utilize more of the new OS features will you guys find it to be a good upgrade.

For me, one of the better features has been the control center toolbox. Apple should've added this ages ago though. Parallax effect is cool/gimmicky, but it is a nice tough. As for the UI changes, I prefer the cleaner look as opposed to the apps actually mimicking a notepad or calendar. To unlock, you just slide the whole screen instead of a small block. It's nothing revolutionary, but I like the improvements so far. Maybe once all the developers catch up and utilize more of the new OS features will you guys find it to be a good upgrade.

Your right, people in general hate change. There's nothing revolutionary but there's certainly a few decent improvements.

I don't care that it looks like other OSs or whether it's original - I just care that it looks like it's been attacked by highlighter pens.

The cynic in me thinks that all the bright colours are to get us to turn our brightness down seeing as my phone only lasts 6 hours on IOS7.

I don't care that it looks like other OSs or whether it's original - I just care that it looks like it's been attacked by highlighter pens.

The cynic in me thinks that all the bright colours are to get us to turn our brightness down seeing as my phone only lasts 6 hours on IOS7.

i've heard a couple of people say this but battery life seems better on mine, might be automatic updates as I didn't turn that on

I agree. Re: hard to please - see the Lamela thread.

Back