• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

International Break

Why can’t we just get rid of non tournament internationals, use club team performance in continental competition to determine qualification for Euro’s, WC etc
Closed shop for international tournament, no Iceland, Wales, Ireland etc ever getting in.

After the reckless actions of the South Korean manager playing Son for 83 mins, we now have the Belgian regime incredibly playing Dembele for 85 mins and Vertonghen for the whole game.

This is shocking behaviour following the World Cup, hardly any rest afterwards, no pre season and straight into numerous club games.

These total bafoons should know better and taken this opportunity to rest these players, which in the medium to longer term would not only be beneficial to the clubs but also the national side.

I expect this nonesense to continue when more of these national games take place for these same sides in a few days.

Is it any wonder that we refused to let Wanyama join up with his nation following the comments from numerous people at the Kenyan football regime!?

Fifa do not recognise the Asian cup and I feel a fair response from the club would be to refuse to release Son for this cup in January, should these malign actions continue and he is used in the next meaningless friendly SK have in a few days.

Surely it's time clubs are paid massive money from the national associations to use their players? Look at the World Cup in Qatar coming up when all the brick teams' players get a nice rest in November and December whilst our players are killing themselves.

I propose some measure is used to determine a players standing and then the national team pay more for the better players i.e. £3m a game for someone like Kane and £250k for someone at the other end of the scale.
Asia Cup is a fifa date Asian games was not, we let him go to get him out of ns and negotiated he misses games later in the year

Closed shop for international tournament, no Iceland, Wales, Ireland etc ever getting in.

they get in where their club sides rack up more coefficient points in the Champions/Europa Leagues than others, the awarding of those points would need tweaking and it would probably require a reduction in multiple slots across leagues too

they get in where their club sides rack up more coefficient points in the Champions/Europa Leagues than others, the awarding of those points would need tweaking and it would probably require a reduction in multiple slots across leagues too
They don't have a league to speak of. To make your idea relevant probably have to have no foreign players in the league otherwise Chelsea getting to the CL final with no English players leads to England qualifying for a tournament.

They don't have a league to speak of. To make your idea relevant probably have to have no foreign players in the league otherwise Chelsea getting to the CL final with no English players leads to England qualifying for a tournament.

why?

I don't see that it matters, its the league FA you are rewarding for a building a quality product

in time you could take the next logical step and change national team selection from player nationality to players playing in that nations league, you could have transfers between leagues, with the right sponsorship model its may even make the league more competitive if FA's drive bringing players in to improve their WC chances by distributing them evenly between club sides

I don’t generally have a problem with international breaks as it’s a good time for us to reasses and give some of the players a break.( unfortunately our core won’t have this luxury)
However, worried about the over use of Kane for both club and country and rushing Kane back after every injury.

Does anyone see similarities with Michael Owen? He was broken a few years before he reached 30.

Qualifiers need to be staged so England/Spain etc don’t have to play San Marino etc

Qualifiers for the qualifiers? One of the great beauties of international football is the David vs Goliath ties. It's like FA cup third round day. You need to give all nations the chance to try and break the monopoly of the rich.

why?

I don't see that it matters, its the league FA you are rewarding for a building a quality product

in time you could take the next logical step and change national team selection from player nationality to players playing in that nations league, you could have transfers between leagues, with the right sponsorship model its may even make the league more competitive if FA's drive bringing players in to improve their WC chances by distributing them evenly between club sides

OK I thought National competitions purpose was to see what country had the best team not resources and administrators. You know the WC is pretty successful and popular the way it is - there is a huge demand for National competition, the next logical step is not to get rid of it.

OK I thought National competitions purpose was to see what country had the best team not resources and administrators. You know the WC is pretty successful and popular the way it is - there is a huge demand for National competition, the next logical step is not to get rid of it.

I was looking forward to the prospect of a Qatar vs UAE world cup final.

Kane and Coutinho for Qatar vs Alli and Neymar for UAE

I see the minutes the england players got was all very fair. I think Dier got the most but he probably needed them.

Anyone know how our other players faired? I think I heard Eriksen can expect two 90 minute games in quick succession, which will probably mean only a place on the bench against chelsea.

Im guessing Alderweireld and Son have had to endure two 90 minute games each too?

And did Davinson Sanchez link up with Columbia despite his injury?

I see the minutes the england players got was all very fair. I think Dier got the most but he probably needed them.

Anyone know how our other players faired? I think I heard Eriksen can expect two 90 minute games in quick succession, which will probably mean only a place on the bench against chelsea.

Im guessing Alderweireld and Son have had to endure two 90 minute games each too?

When you will stop stressing about footballers playing football?

Eriksen played for 90 mins the other day and was taken off at ht tonight. Hopefully was just being rested!

Toby played 90 minutes for Belgium in both their games, in a space of just a few days.

From what I can see Son didnt even make the bench for south korea's game the other day, but they do play again at 10am tomorrow.

Despite numerous south american match ups during this international break, it seems Columbia have had no games for some reason.

It seems Son is once again not even on the bench for south korea.

Please could somone check this in case my eyes are deceiving me!

All seems very odd - did he even go away on international duty?

It seems Son is once again not even on the bench for south korea.

Please could somone check this in case my eyes are deceiving me!

All seems very odd - did he even go away on international duty?
I thought the deal was he wouldn’t go if he played in the Asian games

I thought the deal was he wouldn’t go if he played in the Asian games

You could be right. Hopefully the club will do an international wrap in the next few days.

Ive just seen that starting with Saturday we have a game every few days until we are into January!

Such a shame about Dembele as we dont really have anyone to rotate Winks with during this period. We will have to on occassion leave him out (like at palace) and go with two of Dier, Wanyama and Sissoko.

At least Jan should be back soon and that should allow us to rest Toby when we play Soton at wembley a few days after the NLD. Or even go with Foyth and Sanchez for that game if Jan isnt ready by then.

I don’t generally have a problem with international breaks as it’s a good time for us to reasses and give some of the players a break.( unfortunately our core won’t have this luxury)
However, worried about the over use of Kane for both club and country and rushing Kane back after every injury.

Does anyone see similarities with Michael Owen? He was broken a few years before he reached 30.
I suppose at some point Kane has to think of himself , if he really did want a rest I’m sure he could feign an injury or hopefully have enough in the bank to suggest to either manager he needs a rest. I suppose Messi and Ronaldo play 50 games a season every year but other than the fact both are freakish in their conditioning / way they play the game Harry’s approach is more attritional in a more physical league.

Owen was pure pace and he’s said that his hamstrings went, as did other family members before him. Kane at least doesn’t have any pace to lose but I hope he is into his thirties before he has to reinvent himself as a target man a la Shearer (who also retired to England to prolong his club career)

Ive just seen that starting with Saturday we have a game every few days until we are into January!
Thank Hod for that, the whole point of football is entertainment

Tonight I got home, flicked on the TV and had a choice of Wales v Albania or Scotland vs Israel or somesuch nonsense. We are not amused.

Just seen that Lucas didnt even make the bench of 11 subs in both Brazil games.

Presumably he didnt get called up, although I cannot think why.

Back