• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Interesting Arsenal fan view

JerusalemMan

Johnny Morrison
"I think AVB actually deserves credit for Saturday, not derision.

He set Spurs out initially to attack Arsenal and it worked. Spurs won the first 15 minutes decisively. Then Adebayor happened. AVB has no control over this bloke being an idiot - you can argue he shouldn't have picked him but his skills were perfect for the tactics he wanted to play (and there are no other options since 'Arry got shot of Pav) and you have to trust your players, even that one. Spurs are then down to ten, having lost a player very important to their tactical set-up, and once Arsenal's pressure builds they capitulate to be 3-1 down at half time.

So what to do? You're 3-1 down, a man down and all looks lost. Many, many managers would just shut up shop to keep it respectable. But he changed things tactically and tried to get back into the game. It nearly worked. I remarked at 4-2 that 'only gooners would be sh*tting themselves at 4-2 up against 10 men..' but the response I had to that was 'I'd forgotten they were down to ten...' The switch to three at the back, maintaining four in midfield and two up top was bold, brave and could have worked, indeed I would say Spurs looked comfortable for the majority of the second half. I think AVB should be lauded for having the man-bits to even try it.

The score might have been the same but this 5-2 was very different to February's. Spurs did fall apart then. They had no tactical leadership from the sidelines and went from 2-0 to 2-2 at half-time when the manager can take action, to 5-2. Five goals unanswered straddling the half-time team talk. They stayed in the game this time, got a goal back and, had Bale shown any sort of vision when Defoe was free in the six-yard box, might have got it back to 4-3. Perilously close to DVD territory for my liking.

So history will show only the scoreline, and it is one I am very happy about. But, Spurs fans out there, consider the differences between this time and February. And ask yourselves if you want a proactive manager, prepared to try to win a game even when all looks lost, or not. If AVB is given time I am genuinely fearful of Spurs' future prospects. I hope no patience is shown. Out by Christmas and replaced by Mark Hughes? Yeah...go on, I'll bite your hand off."

From the F365 letters page.

I think that is fair, I feel robbed of a good game because of the sending off. Losing happens, but now there is a 'what if..' because we were on top and doing well.

Even the second half was pretty decent, the late goal came out of over-committing and getting caught out. 5 is maybe a bit flattering, and we did have some very good chances - even with 10.

AVB got the set up right for the start of the game and start of the second half. Maybe the changes could be made after the red card but also the reshuffle may have been more complex than just a few seconds of shouting on the sidelines. Shame those two soft goals came before the break.

Agreed 100%. Our good tactic went out the window when Ade fooked up, then AVB's tactical gamble in the second half almost gets us back in the game. Had Bale not been so selfish, things could have become interesting, and AVB would have been praised as a tactical genious.

Definitely a shame about the two goals before HT, but would we have started the second half as attacking as we did if we had held on to 1-1? And could it be, being 3-1 up, that Arsenal maybe took the foot off the gas a little?

and then i get abuse from the helmets I work with about how much they humilated us !!

because they are helmets, stuck in Arsenalworld and don't understand the circumstances. I have similar friends, professional adults who regress to boring children whenever Arsenal win.

Definitely a shame about the two goals before HT, but would we have started the second half as attacking as we did if we had held on to 1-1? And could it be, being 3-1 up, that Arsenal maybe took the foot off the gas a little?

I knew that we would be 3-1 down. it was so obvious and should have put a bet on it being the score.

oh well...

No matter the what ifs of if the score had been 1-1 at half time or not and would we have set up tactically different. The fact that apart from the last 10 mins were the stats got skewd and they were passing it around the back to waste time we did amazing in possession in that second half. There was a point in the second half where for 10 mins or so we had 66% possession. Thats pretty amazing which every way you slice it.

I pretty much agree with the Gooner comment in the Original Post.

What I hope comes from this is that AVB has a plan in place for if we go down to 10 men again in the future.

I have not seen this one guy i know who is an arsenal fan for months but yep as soon as we lose to them there he is, smug ****.

Have to admit I'm lucky, I dont have that problem up here. Work is full of City,United and Wigan fans. So this morning the Wigan fans couldnt say a word, not that they do anyway most weeks, and the City fans were too busy taking the mick out of the United fans to give me any stick

because they are helmets, stuck in Arsenalworld and don't understand the circumstances. I have similar friends, professional adults who regress to boring children whenever Arsenal win.

It's uncanny, they're like that in Norway too. FB friends asking to be congratulated and so on.

A long time City fan friend of mine had a gooner mate. Then they watched the game where Adebayor slid the floor together and he haven't heard from him ever since :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Fapatalk 2

Arsenal fans are ****s! End of discussion. I'd love nothing more than for them to go bust and completely vanish from the footballing landscape. I'd feel sorry for my family who are goons, but other than that, the rest can go fudge themselves! I've had to hear scum fans all day at work going on about how they battered us and they're still confident they would have won even with 11 v 11. I know we have some deluded fans, but fudging hell so do they! And didn't you hear, they are going to rule football when FFP comes in. All the other clubs in world football obviously haven't got a contigency plan to work their way around the rules and are bound to just let Arsenal dominate world football.

Back