• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Injury thread 19/20

I agree with most of that. What bothers me is his inability to at least get what we have, defending better.
I accepted Mourinho and looked forward to him giving a crack. I knew it would be tough and agree re the squad, what bothers me is his attitude to the likes of Dele it reminds me of him at united in the way he singles out individual.
I also thought that mourinho would improve our defence out, especially when we went 3 up but conceded a couple in his first few games. That said he hasn’t signed any new defenders (although did commit to Toby and vice versa). A lot of the goals continue to come from individual errors but when I look at the personnel available I think Rose was a spent force (now removed) Davies has always been too slow but with a few more games may be a solid unadventurous full back who can tuck in to make a 3. The use of Tanganga has been a revelation and also contrary to his not trusting youth reputation. Jan’s decline has been sad to see, I really didn’t see that coming and posted several times that I would have given him a 3 year deal as he showed no signs of ageing last season. Sanchez I’ve often criticised but I’m happy to say he has been excellent for the most part under Mourinho, the pick of the cbs if I’m honest. Aurier is another who few wouldn’t replace but again I feel Mourinho is getting the most he can out of him. So much so I think he should have played against Chelsea. Foyth - got given one chance and blew it unfortunately so all in all it’s a pretty thin base to start from. And that’s without taking into account that I don’t think we have really worked out the best defensive midfield strategy either. Honestly think we need at least one first team ready signing for each position in the summer and then hope that a couple show enough improvement by the end of the season to warrant a place as ‘competition’.
If Mourinho’s methods are outdated we can make a fairer assessment once he has had a pre season and opportunity to stamp his mark with defensive signings. We’ve seen an influx of pace in January so I think stage 2 will be the defensive signings that will see us play a similar type of game to Liverpool, it’s hard to gauge what our long term attacking plan is without a focal point.

I agree with most of that. What bothers me is his inability to at least get what we have, defending better.
I accepted Mourinho and looked forward to him giving a crack. I knew it would be tough and agree re the squad, what bothers me is his attitude to the likes of Dele it reminds me of him at united in the way he singles out individual.
Oh re Alli, I’m a huge fan but think he would benefit from a little competition for his place. All that’s happened so far is he’s subbed him off and the stated that the players reaction was not dissent at his decision. He’s not gone full Luke Shaw on him yet!

I would love to see a robust analysis of all teams' injuries across a whole season. I tried to do it myself with transfermarkt, but I'm not sure the data's accurate. Anyone know of a website that has accurate injury info for every team for a whole season?

Really does feel like we've had more injury issues than the other top teams for the last two seasons.

I would love to see a robust analysis of all teams' injuries across a whole season. I tried to do it myself with transfermarkt, but I'm not sure the data's accurate. Anyone know of a website that has accurate injury info for every team for a whole season?

Really does feel like we've had more injury issues than the other top teams for the last two seasons.
The used to be a “days lost to injuries” table updated weekly but looks like that data only gets released in press a couple of times per season nowadays.

Last edited:
Spurs site has an interview up where Kane says his hamstring injury is now basically healed, he's capable of "doing everything" and only needs another 2-3 weeks of training to regain full match fitness. Yay.

Sissoko is back in full training, too. Son can't be too far off either.

You hate to make light of the virus crisis, but the shutdown will probably help Spurs more than any other PL club once play resumes. Nine games left and a strong run in would shine a positive light on a terrible season and give Mourinho a stronger platform to continue the re-build of the squad.

Spurs site has an interview up where Kane says his hamstring injury is now basically healed, he's capable of "doing everything" and only needs another 2-3 weeks of training to regain full match fitness. Yay.

Sissoko is back in full training, too. Son can't be too far off either.

You hate to make light of the virus crisis, but the shutdown will probably help Spurs more than any other PL club once play resumes. Nine games left and a strong run in would shine a positive light on a terrible season and give Mourinho a stronger platform to continue the re-build of the squad.

A fit first 11, with Jan and Toby also having a couple of months to rest the old legs, no question benefits Spurs out of most clubs

Jose has to make it count though if we ever re-start this season

Back