• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Injuries Thread

Who was the kid who was in the travelling squad tonight but didn't make the bench?

Not Marsh, but the other one. He was out on the pitch celebrating at the end.

Erik Lamela and Moussa Sissoko are being assessed ahead of our second trip to Emirates Marketing Project in three days.

We return to the scene of Wednesday night’s incredible Champions League progression for a high-profile Premier League clash on Saturday lunchtime (12.30pm).

Attacker Erik had seemed set to return to the bench on Wednesday but ended up missing out due to the hamstring issue that’s affected him in recent weeks while central midfielder Moussa was forced off in the first half of that dramatic outing in the blue half of Manchester with a groin problem.

Meanwhile, Eric Dier (hip flexor) and Vincent Janssen (ankle) are expected to return to first team training on Friday, while Harry Kane has commenced rehabilitation on his ankle injury.

Serge Aurier (hamstring) and Harry Winks (groin) are also continuing their rehabilitation.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2019/april/city-v-spurs-premier-league-team-news/

WTF. I thought Kane was out for the season.

Pochettino really should look at his training methods. We seem to be having too many injury problems this season. And it seems like we are getting too many injuries during training. Wonder if Pochettino is working the players too much in the training.

Pochettino really should look at his training methods. We seem to be having too many injury problems this season. And it seems like we are getting too many injuries during training. Wonder if Pochettino is working the players too much in the training.
There are too many and not enough words to reply to this bollox. Except that Poch;s training methods are DIRECTLY responsible for Dier having his appendix out AND getting tonsillitis.

There are too many and not enough words to reply to this bollox. Except that Poch;s training methods are DIRECTLY responsible for Dier having his appendix out AND getting tonsillitis.

I’m certainly not going to question Poch but it’s not a totally unreasonable point to make.We do seem to have more non-match-incurred injuries than usual, at least that’s how it seems to me.

I’m certainly not going to question Poch but it’s not a totally unreasonable point to make.We do seem to have more non-match-incurred injuries than usual, at least that’s how it seems to me.
Which injuries are those? And do you not think that the World Cup had an impact on this season? From what I have read Poch has a top notch sports science modality in place where players are monitored for burn out.

Think it’s more the playing
Which injuries are those? And do you not think that the World Cup had an impact on this season? From what I have read Poch has a top notch sports science modality in place where players are monitored for burn out.

The one that springs to mind is Jans at Huddersfield when he had played al the games up to that point and Sanchez on the bench.

Think it’s more the playing

The one that springs to mind is Jans at Huddersfield when he had played al the games up to that point and Sanchez on the bench.
OK, I wasn't sure of injuries from training, but I can only think so much of the injuries (apart from appendix/tonsil) are in large part from so many players not having a summer rest.

We have had a lot more injurys this season the we have had before but i do not see why it should be put down to Poch's training methods, as far as i know his system has not changed much since he has been here so it more likely just bad luck.

We have had a lot more injurys this season the we have had before but i do not see why it should be put down to Poch's training methods, as far as i know his system has not changed much since he has been here so it more likely just bad luck.

Bad luck, WC resulting in players with less recovery coming in, contact injuries (can't account for those)

I would say form has also contributed, 2nd tier players haven't forced more game time by performance, hence first 11 will tend to see more game time, less recovery time.

We really fudging need to get to the end of this season, keep top 4, make the best of our CL run, and do a proper summer of rest and pre-season and look for a good year next year.

Bad luck, WC resulting in players with less recovery coming in, contact injuries (can't account for those)

I would say form has also contributed, 2nd tier players haven't forced more game time by performance, hence first 11 will tend to see more game time, less recovery time.

We really fudging need to get to the end of this season, keep top 4, make the best of our CL run, and do a proper summer of rest and pre-season and look for a good year next year.

Sums it up well.

Back