• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Injuries Thread

The international break will only feel good to me if all three of Loris, Kane and Winks are fit enough to play the Goons the following week (i'm assuming Toby and Vic are definitely out!).

So we've currently got the following injured;

Lloris
Toby
Wanyama
Winks
Alli
Lamela
Kane

Luckily none of them are too serious with the possible exception of Wanyama (and Lamela).

I despise international breaks, but this one came at a good time for us. Fingers crossed our injury problems aren't worse at the end of it...

Indeed. Lloris, Toby, Wanyama, Winks, Dele, Kane - that's more than half of a very, very good eleven. Hopefully most of them are fit and ready for Arse.

OK injury thread?
Why do get these injuries just when it's all coming together?
Toby..who,s so important! how long will he be out for, this time?
Anyone appreciated answer :eek:

You can't put a fixed term on a hamstring injury. All depends on the severity of the strain and it's not something to rush back from. Re-injuring one will prolong further recovery. The fact that he immediately sat down off the pitch suggests he's twanged it pretty good. He walked off in fairly normal fashion, so hopefully it's not torn.

I'd be surprised to see him ready for Arsenal and I certainly wouldn't run him out at Dortmund the Tuesday after. At a guess, the earliest he's back is for WBA on the 25th.

The official site shows Wanyama doing some fairly strenuous gym work. Hopefully a sign his injury isn't as bad as some of us suspected.

All except Big Vic and Hugo will be fit in my opinion, I'd reckon we will have Lamela in the squad too
I think it might take a bit longer with Alderweireld. And with Dier, Sanchez and Vertonghen doing well there's not a desperate need to rush Alderweireld back.

Kane, Alli and Winks back would be huge.

Can't see Lamela getting much game time, if any, in a game like this after that long out. But seeing him on the bench would warm my heart.

Lloris - good chance he'll be ok
Toby - unlikely
Wanyama - unlikely
Winks - reasonable chance
Alli - good chance
Lamela - unlikely
Kane - good chance

The good thing is none of them are in the Lamela 2016 situation, all should be back by the end of the month which puts us in good stead for the Xmas rush of games.

Lamela wasn't even mentioned in the injury update from Poch before Palace IIRC? Any news on him? The last we heard was he was back in training but that was weeks ago.

Lamela wasn't even mentioned in the injury update from Poch before Palace IIRC? Any news on him? The last we heard was he was back in training but that was weeks ago.

Latest I saw was that they think he is OK but are waiting for Lamela himself to declare himself ready to play - i.e. that in his mind he is confident to play

I don't think we have been particularly lucky or unlucky. We've had a few long-term injuries and then several times per season when a key player is missing a few games. About the same as most teams I'd have thought.

I don't think we have been particularly lucky or unlucky. We've had a few long-term injuries and then several times per season when a key player is missing a few games. About the same as most teams I'd have thought.

I don't know. I think we're about average in most areas (short-term injuries, muscle injuries and so on) and are above average in terms of preventing stress-related injuries. But the way we fudged up Lamela is a major black mark against us, if that story about us messing up his surgery is true.

Back