• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Injuries and suspension 21/22

If our next two PL games are cancelled we will have three games to make up plus we could have a two legged league cup semi final and the conference will be a two legged playoff to continue as we cant end above 2nd in the group.

Going through in the conference is now giving us potentially winning this basement laughable ‘cup’ that wont even exist in a few years and ending around 8th in the PL. Whereas going out of the conference will give us a chance of ending in the top 4 and possibly winning the league cup and or fa cup.

We must imo play a total second string and get knocked out and then push for all games domestically to be cancelled until the outbreak is under control.

You’re playing on Thursday, don’t get booked, but if you do when the ref asks your name it’s Heung Minh Son.

Haha. That brings back some memories. My 1st ever match for an U-14s team I wasn't registered and the manager joked 'if you get booked say you are xyz''. Somehow I then got booked within 5 mins (which was crazy in itself) was absolutely bricking myself as I lied to the ref :) In my young mind it was a huge crime!

If our next two PL games are cancelled we will have three games to make up plus we could have a two legged league cup semi final and the conference will be a two legged playoff to continue as we cant end above 2nd in the group.

Going through in the conference is now giving us potentially winning this basement laughable ‘cup’ that wont even exist in a few years and ending around 8th in the PL. Whereas going out of the conference will give us a chance of ending in the top 4 and possibly winning the league cup and or fa cup.

We must imo play a total second string and get knocked out and then push for all games domestically to be cancelled until the outbreak is under control.

Oh and severely fine whoever is identified as case zero.

If we can't make it to the final in this "laughable" Cup with only minnow teams, we have no chance of top 4. Achieving both should be entirely possible, and that is what we should aim for.
It's not as if our trophy cabinet is about to burst!

Oh and severely fine whoever is identified as case zero.

FFZT8WgXwAU_cUz

Ballon Dor award night, 8 days ago...

If we can't make it to the final in this "laughable" Cup with only minnow teams, we have no chance of top 4. Achieving both should be entirely possible, and that is what we should aim for.

All very well but we just don’t have the squad for it.

I think we can go far in this but it means using the first team (we’ve seen what happens when we play our second string). Could be problematic if we have to then play them again on the weekend.

It’s also worth noting that Conte doesn’t have a good record in Europe with Juve, Chelsea and Inter. Pretty average considering how well those sides have done league-wise.

I imagine he’s thinking Premier League, League Cup, FA Cup, Conf League and shakes his head and scratches his chin as he looks at the squad list and thinks about how many he can trust

Last edited:
I think we can go far in this but it means using the first team (we’ve seen what happens when we play our second string). Could be problematic if we have to then play them again on the weekend.

It’s also worth noting that Conte doesn’t have a good record in Europe with Juve, Chelsea and Inter. Pretty average considering how well those sides have done league-wise.

I imagine he’s thinking Premier League, League Cup, FA Cup, Conf League and shakes his head and scratches his chin as he looks at the squad list and thinks about how many he can trust
Play the u-21s in the domestic cups. THOSE cups are pointless, gives fudge all and the competition is far stiffer. If we can't manage the conf league and PL, what the fudge are we supposed to do in the CL then, if we can't manage a midweek game every other fourth night?

We simply can't cope with playing the first team twice a week. Our priorities are qualifying for the CL, so that we can play the first team twice a week.

Play the u-21s in the domestic cups. THOSE cups are pointless, gives fudge all and the competition is far stiffer. If we can't manage the conf league and PL, what the fudge are we supposed to do in the CL then, if we can't manage a midweek game every other fourth night?

I think a big part of the Conference League is motivation. The big players don't really want to play in it, the reserve players get upset that it's all they get (as seen with Vitesse away). Those same issues don't apply in the Champions League.

If we go deep in the Conference (extra round from finishing second too) and have three games postponed that will be two games a week most weeks I think.

More time spent travelling, more injuries, more fatigue, less time on the training ground. That will impact our chances in the league, there's just no way around that. To what extent can be discussed. If the upsides of a potential trophy in the Conference is worth it can be discussed. But to me there's no doubt that a conference run will impact league performances.

The fact that our squad currently isn't good enough for a good top four push and a CL campaign is just that, a fact. Over the next two transfer windows, the rest of this season and the preseason next summer that will have to be rectified if we do qualify for the CL.

We don't heve a competing in the CL level squad. Haven't seen anyone argue that we do. If anything there seems to be a broad consensus that we need to improve the squad in several areas.

Back