• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

It was a “dive” and no penalty. Hopefully everyone isn’t blindly following the lead of the co-commentator who said there was no contact though, as his standing leg (left) was clearly tapped. Not enough for a penalty, as I said, but it winds me up when these guys are looking at slow mo replays and fail to pick these things up. Kane felt the contact and went down softly.

Contact doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a foul. Kane is not the only one who does it for sure, but it does irritate me when people say “there’s contact so he’s entitled to go down”. Contact shouldn’t even come into it, the question should be were you fouled I.e. impeded.

Must say I’m perplexed by how upset people are at this result. I’d understand if it were at the euros, World Cup or even a qualifier. I haven’t watched a minute of any nations league game this season, that includes England. I get Southgate (or Safegate as I’ve heard people call him) is too conservative for some but I think he’s earned the right to coach the team at the World Cup. If we get knocked out before the final I think he’ll either walk away or get the chop. Who takes over from him when he goes? The only decent English coach I can think of is Potter but he’s too inexperienced.

Dier is back!

England manager Gareth Southgate has called up uncapped Brentford forward Ivan Toney for the Nations League games with Italy and Germany this month.

Toney, 26, has scored five goals in six Premier League games this season.

Keeper Dean Henderson and defenders Eric Dier and Ben Chilwell are recalled for England's final competitive matches before the World Cup in Qatar.

Midfielder Jordan Henderson and keeper Jordan Pickford are not involved because of injury.

Defender Ben White and midfielder Conor Gallagher miss out.

England face Italy at the San Siro in Milan on 23 September and Germany at Wembley on 26 September.

The World Cup starts on 20 November.

_90021446_grey_line_new.jpg

England squad
Goalkeepers: Nick Pope (Saudi Sportswashing Machine), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal), Dean Henderson (Nottingham Forest, on loan from Manchester United).

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), Conor Coady (on loan at Everton from Wolves), Eric Dier (Tottenham), Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Reece James (Chelsea), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Emirates Marketing Project), Fikayo Tomori (AC Milan), Kieran Trippier (Saudi Sportswashing Machine), Kyle Walker (Emirates Marketing Project).

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Kalvin Phillips (Emirates Marketing Project), Declan Rice ( West Ham), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton).

Forwards: Tammy Abraham (Roma), Jarrod Bowen (West Ham), Phil Foden (Emirates Marketing Project), Jack Grealish (Emirates Marketing Project), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Chelsea), Ivan Toney (Brentford).

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62913520

Do you think Maguire and Shaw will still get picked when the World Cup comes around if they haven't got back into the United team by then?

Do you think Maguire and Shaw will still get picked when the World Cup comes around if they haven't got back into the United team by then?

Yes. I'm sure there's quota for United players that has to be filled. Rashford should make it as well if he just scores another couple of goals.

Dier is back!

England manager Gareth Southgate has called up uncapped Brentford forward Ivan Toney for the Nations League games with Italy and Germany this month.

Toney, 26, has scored five goals in six Premier League games this season.

Keeper Dean Henderson and defenders Eric Dier and Ben Chilwell are recalled for England's final competitive matches before the World Cup in Qatar.

Midfielder Jordan Henderson and keeper Jordan Pickford are not involved because of injury.

Defender Ben White and midfielder Conor Gallagher miss out.

England face Italy at the San Siro in Milan on 23 September and Germany at Wembley on 26 September.

The World Cup starts on 20 November.

_90021446_grey_line_new.jpg

England squad
Goalkeepers: Nick Pope (Saudi Sportswashing Outfit), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal), Dean Henderson (Nottingham Forest, on loan from Manchester United).

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), Conor Coady (on loan at Everton from Wolves), Eric Dier (Tottenham), Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Reece James (Chelsea), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Emirates Marketing Project), Fikayo Tomori (AC Milan), Kieran Trippier (Saudi Sportswashing Outfit), Kyle Walker (Emirates Marketing Project).

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Kalvin Phillips (Emirates Marketing Project), Declan Rice ( West Ham), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton).

Forwards: Tammy Abraham (Roma), Jarrod Bowen (West Ham), Phil Foden (Emirates Marketing Project), Jack Grealish (Emirates Marketing Project), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Chelsea), Ivan Toney (Brentford).

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62913520

Slightly better look to that than the last few. Henderson is the best eligible GK, Dier is the best eligible CB. I also think Toney is the best Kane backup around (though I do like Watkins)

I've never understood the blue, it's random.
St George flag is red and white, we should be white shirt, red shorts like Poland. Reverse that for away kit.
#Never blue.

It's just a hangover from the post war years when everyone thought Britain was Greater England - i.e. before the celtic nationalist stuff got off the ground in the 70s and especially 90s (devolution etc). Look at all the union flags in the crowds in 1950-80s England matches - it was only Euro 96 that the st georges flag took over in prominence.

It was always handy because you could just double up your Spurs shorts, but I agree it's wrong.

I've always been an avid fan of England games, but Southgate is just making me more disillusioned with each game. There doesnt seem to be a clear plan or a settled team. I expect we will see multiple substitutions in these matches despite that they have hardly ever improved the teams performance or thrown up an outstanding performance from any sub.
This wont stop me from stocking up with my beer and crisps and sit swearing at the tele, why do you say get "Kane off" my missus says, because hes just wasting his time waiting for a decent pass and is likely to get injured I reply to a woman rolling her eyes.

I'm not English and I think the rest of the world outside England would say that England has very good players by global standards but comparatively a very poor coach by world Cup standards.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Possibly no Phillips for the WC, could mean we get Rice/Bellingham in the midfield

Rice has apparently been well off it so far this season. When you think Phillips hasn't barely played, same for Maguire and Shaw, Mings had issues, Grealish been getting stick too lately. Not looking too rosy for Southgate at the min.

*Although I suppose you could make an argument that we are potentially better off without Maguire, Mings and Shaw lol.

Back