• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

I have been uncomfortable with the minutes applause before games for whole manner of different things. The next time a kid is paraded into the pitch before the match to be applauded for beating up 5 men who were about to rape an old granny. I am going to point blank refuse to clap the little cnut.

As for clapping because someone is dead, we'll when the ex wife dies yeah sure but I honestly don't hate anyone else enough to do it.

I go to the football to just watch a game stick that other cr*p up your backside.

It may be more on my lack of catching a joke but I’m not sure I follow you 100%.

The kid who has rescued the granny sounds heroic as fudge, deserves an applause but if you don’t want to clap then I guess it’s your right? If nobody chooses to clap then it doesn’t change the action being heroic.

My thought is this idea that fans are unable to express any non positive emotion (excluding actual abuse) when it comes to anything negative..It sounds a bit post-thought police to me.

In context I think Maguire has been very capable for England and provided some immense performances, less so for Utd but I don’t care or watch them as much. Him getting booed isn’t a good thing but it hardly seems condemnable.

It may be more on my lack of catching a joke but I’m not sure I follow you 100%.

The kid who has rescued the granny sounds heroic as fudge, deserves an applause but if you don’t want to clap then I guess it’s your right? If nobody chooses to clap then it doesn’t change the action being heroic.

My thought is this idea that fans are unable to express any non positive emotion (excluding actual abuse) when it comes to anything negative..It sounds a bit post-thought police to me.

In context I think Maguire has been very capable for England and provided some immense performances, less so for Utd but I don’t care or watch them as much. Him getting booed isn’t a good thing but it hardly seems condemnable.

He should be put in the stocks and pelted with rotten eggs then smacked on his botty.

Haha would be better than Gareth haha

Different. We'd be accepting our limitations and working with them, rather than trying to mask them.

Seriously though the three candidates at the table would probably be Howe, Potter and Dyche. Maybe Dean Smith and Chris Wilder. It's not a deep well.

Problem is english players historically haven't played abroad that often. Means they don't usually manage abroad either. Which means our pool of succesful managers is limited to the premier league. Which can afford the most successful managers from around the world. So we're basically limited to howe, potter and gerrard as english managers that have had any sort of success. None of whom have won a major trophy in england.

Different. We'd be accepting our limitations and working with them, rather than trying to mask them.

Seriously though the three candidates at the table would probably be Howe, Potter and Dyche. Maybe Dean Smith and Chris Wilder. It's not a deep well.

Im not even sure its limitations, I feel we need a manager to let us off the leash, its all seems abit tentative

Problem is english players historically haven't played abroad that often. Means they don't usually manage abroad either. Which means our pool of succesful managers is limited to the premier league. Which can afford the most successful managers from around the world. So we're basically limited to howe, potter and gerrard as english managers that have had any sort of success. None of whom have won a major trophy in england.

TBF its the same over, no one wants to manager at International Level anymore, most managers are either failed club, stocks low or old.....

An exception to the rule TBH, its no longer a place where managers aspire to in the prime of their lives

Zidane is holding out for the france job. Conte took up the italy job after getting juve firing again. Enrique went from barca to spain. Think it's more than an exception.

Zidane is holding out for the france job. Conte took up the italy job after getting juve firing again. Enrique went from barca to spain. Think it's more than an exception.

TBH Enrique was good during Barce golden era but I would not put him in the higher levels of football management

Do you think managers aspire to manage at International level? If Klopp was offered the Germany job tomorrow no chance he takes it, same with Pep and Spain, its just not the level it was.

TBH Enrique was good during Barce golden era but I would not put him in the higher levels of football management

Do you think managers aspire to manage at International level? If Klopp was offered the Germany job tomorrow no chance he takes it, same with Pep and Spain, its just not the level it was.

Well Guardiola is a Catalan separatist, but I agree with your general point.

For most coaches it's a job to do in your mid 60s when the cold and rain of the training ground becomes less appealing. Get paid to go to a top flight game once a week, then spend a month somewhere sunny every other July just trying to manage a few egos.

Back