• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

England & Ireland to host Euro 2028

Are there any suitable grounds in Ireland beyond Lansdown Road? I know Croke Park is massive, but for historic reasons it's a bit iffy playing non-Gaelic sports there. Aren't most of the other Gaelic sport grounds oval rather than rectangle too?

Are there any suitable grounds in Ireland beyond Lansdown Road? I know Croke Park is massive, but for historic reasons it's a bit iffy playing non-Gaelic sports there. Aren't most of the other Gaelic sport grounds oval rather than rectangle too?

Fella on the radio said it would likely be those 2 in Ireland, Hampden Park and Murrayfield in Scotland, Just Millennium Stadium (or whatever it is now) in Wales and then a bunch of English stadiums. Also said they don't have to take a decision until 2025 so there's still time for any new stadiums such as Everton if it ever happens etc.

Very little. There's a rugby ground that's been used for friendlies before (Thomand Park in Limerick) but capacity is around 25k. The League of Ireland grounds here, by and large, are a disgrace - some of them belong in the 1940s.

Very little. There's a rugby ground that's been used for friendlies before (Thomand Park in Limerick) but capacity is around 25k. The League of Ireland grounds here, by and large, are a disgrace - some of them belong in the 1940s.
I was having a look at some Gaelic venues online a while ago.
I was absolutely gobsmacked, real throwback to all standing on three sides and a grandstand. Actually thought it would be fun to go over and watch some GAA just for a bit of nostalgia in such antiquated surrounds. I could start some trouble and pretend it's 1985 :D

Fella on the radio said it would likely be those 2 in Ireland, Hampden Park and Murrayfield in Scotland, Just Millennium Stadium (or whatever it is now) in Wales and then a bunch of English stadiums. Also said they don't have to take a decision until 2025 so there's still time for any new stadiums such as Everton if it ever happens etc.

Hopefully we get picked to host so.e games.

Convenient.

Arsenal forward Bukayo Saka will miss England's upcoming friendlies against Switzerland and Ivory Coast after testing positive for Covid-19.

Saka had been isolating from the rest of the squad at St George's Park since Wednesday and has now returned home.

Convenient.

Arsenal forward Bukayo Saka will miss England's upcoming friendlies against Switzerland and Ivory Coast after testing positive for Covid-19.

Saka had been isolating from the rest of the squad at St George's Park since Wednesday and has now returned home.
Yep, as many players as possible becoming "ill" or "injured" same with Liverpool

He'd be an idiot if he did fake injury. It's not like there isn't competition for that spot.

Just try and do a 23 man england squad. If sancho or someone else steps up, with sterling. Saka will be watching the games on tv. 3 goalkeepers required.

Last edited:
Why would Croke Park be rectangle and the others oval if they're for the same sport? :rolleyes:

Aviva stadium, Croke Park and Páirc Uí Chaoimh would be the only ones that have the capacity to host games.
Aviva and Croke Park are good stadiums and Páirc Uí Chaoimh was renovated about 5 years ago and is decent.

I don't think the GAA would have a prob with using either Croke Park (already hosted football matches during Aviva being rebuilt) or Páirc Uí Chaoimh.
Pressure would be put on them from the government as well if they were looking like saying no.

Back